d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > RuneScape > Unique Rs3 Ironman Ideas
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 245.00
May 23 2020 08:01pm
I've been thinking about making a RS3 ironman for a couple weeks now, and trying to come up with a good system so that it feels unique and not just like something I've done 5+ times before. Not sure how many people here actually play or care about RS3, but I figured I'd post anyways

I had some more.. ambitious ideas but I'm not sure they'd work out too great, so for now I'm thinking about:

• Legacy combat only
  • No daily challenges (If I complete them by mistake I simply won't turn them in)
  • No runespan (I will eventually allow myself to collect a single massive pouch from here - but that won't be for a long time)
  • Limited use of dailies/weeklies/etc - I'm still not entirely sure how this will work out for every event, but unless it offers some kind of unique reward I won't be participating in it at all, and even then I will only participate until I receive the reward(s) and then I'll stop

That's everything I've come up with so far. If anyone sees any flaws with my plan or has anything else I should add, let me know. I'm essentially trying to remove or at least cut down on the "easyscape" parts of the game. My goal is still to eventually get a completionist cape so I will have to break these rules one day, but I'll likely never make it that far and by time I do the EXP I receive won't be useful anyways. I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable when it comes to RS3 so I'm probably missing a few things from my list, and I'd like to have as much planned out beforehand so I don't have to start changing rules midway through.
Gold: 0.00
May 24 2020 03:08am
I wouldn't go for legacy only, that way you probably miss out on most endgame bosses, which is the fun part of rs3
May 24 2020 07:36am
Quote (redbarred @ May 24 2020 10:08am)
I wouldn't go for legacy only, that way you probably miss out on most endgame bosses, which is the fun part of rs3

Hm, they're completely impossible on legacy only? I figured they'd just have higher requirements / be harder / use more supplies

Another idea I forgot to include:

Lodestones would require some type of cost to unlock and use. I'm not sure what yet, possibly something like 1k laws per lodestone
Gold: 10,588.69
May 24 2020 09:06am
Interesting
Gold: 13,639.75
May 24 2020 03:56pm
Quote (Signild @ 24 May 2020 08:36)
Hm, they're completely impossible on legacy only? I figured they'd just have higher requirements / be harder / use more supplies

Another idea I forgot to include:

Lodestones would require some type of cost to unlock and use. I'm not sure what yet, possibly something like 1k laws per lodestone

Framed made a region locked account but it was on OSRS. He created a goal in that area and had to complete it to move to the next one. Maybe check it out and make your own version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2_0yBA_tzw
May 24 2020 04:22pm
Quote (MrCrawley @ May 24 2020 10:56pm)
Framed made a region locked account but it was on OSRS. He created a goal in that area and had to complete it to move to the next one. Maybe check it out and make your own version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2_0yBA_tzw

I've considered doing something like.. rolling a chunk and having to play in that chunk for a certain amount of time. Say, 3 hours, 6 hours or maybe a full day. The only part that made me reconsider was thinking about how I'd ever actually bank things in order to do quests or runecrafting/smithing etc. I will give the vid a watch tho and see if anything comes to mind, ty
Gold: 13,639.75
May 24 2020 04:29pm
Quote (Signild @ 24 May 2020 17:22)
I've considered doing something like.. rolling a chunk and having to play in that chunk for a certain amount of time. Say, 3 hours, 6 hours or maybe a full day. The only part that made me reconsider was thinking about how I'd ever actually bank things in order to do quests or runecrafting/smithing etc. I will give the vid a watch tho and see if anything comes to mind, ty

Ya doing quests like that would be terrible. Banking wouldnt be terrible cuz they are everywhere.

I only play RS3 so if I think of anything ill try to add some ideas
May 24 2020 06:23pm
Quote (MrCrawley @ May 24 2020 11:29pm)
Ya doing quests like that would be terrible. Banking wouldnt be terrible cuz they are everywhere.

I only play RS3 so if I think of anything ill try to add some ideas

The more I think about it the more interesting this style of play seems, though again there are some things I'd need to figure out..

I think I'll still be sticking to legacy only (at least for a vast majority - if endgame bosses really are impossible in legacy I might eventually break this rule), and I also won't be doing runespan until like 90 RC to get a massive pouch.

I'll probably just allow lodestones / events though, simply because neither will really benefit me all too much if I'm locked in a tiny area anyways

-

The current plan would be the above things, as well as being locked to an area for an entire day. This does make quests complicated, but I'm sure I'll get them done eventually.

I'd need to decide how large of an area I should be locked to (A single chunk for 24 hours seems a bit too tiny), and I'd need some system to RNG the location for me

If you (or anyone else) have any solutions or other ideas let me know

PS: Would anyone actually want a progress thread for this or should I not bother?

This post was edited by Signild on May 24 2020 06:23pm
Gold: 0.00
May 24 2020 06:26pm
I play RS3 Ironman as well but without restrictions. Although I think it would be fun to try doing it without using shops. So you literally have to make everything yourself, no buying runes or ranged/mage armors and etc.
May 24 2020 06:29pm
Quote (Cambridge @ May 25 2020 01:26am)
I play RS3 Ironman as well but without restrictions. Although I think it would be fun to try doing it without using shops. So you literally have to make everything yourself, no buying runes or ranged/mage armors and etc.

One of my more ambitious ideas was to have all equipment "locked" until I get it from a combat drop. So for example, I'd have to punch mobs until I get.. say a bronze scimitar.. and at that point the bronze scimitar will be unlocked and I'd be allowed to craft more / upgrade them / augment them / etc etc.

But this got a lot more complicated with things like runes, ammo, quest rewards, and things that don't drop at all (such as masterwork armor)
Go Back To RuneScape Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll