d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Killua, The Lightning Fast Assassin! > Hardcore Walkthrough /p8 Trap Assassin
12319Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Warn: 10%
May 23 2020 06:36pm
3th Attempt Walkthrough.

1st: Finished Hell baal Mauler: Darth
2nd: Died in a3 Hell Psn mancer: GreenFumes

TIME FOR ANOTHER CHAR I HAVEN'T PLAYED EVER IN DIABLO

KILLUA, THE GODSPEED, LIGHTNING ASSASSIN

Rules:
- Hardcore
- P8 for first attempt. Countess rerun on /p1. Boss reruns on /p3 (did psn mancer on /p8, rly bumped myself for not being able to and took some fun away)
- No Plugy - Bigstash or whatever. Runewords via .text Enabled (non-ladder & ladder)

Not sure what to do build wise: 2x claw build or for example Fcr wpn+shield (i.e. hoto+spirit)

Planning for this WT
- Learn the class, understand how WSM or switching claws/ Ias in claws helping laying traps etc etc works. Any help/tips are welcome!
- Try and get my hands on some nice gear: Want nice 5trap+ias claws for instance XD

Will most likely start out as Fire trapper untill NM or half way act 5 since I don't feel lightning hurts alot early on. Will see!

LETS GO!

This post was edited by Itsjustpain2 on May 23 2020 06:49pm
Gold: 100.00
May 24 2020 01:48am
GL with this WT buddy :)

Go for dual claws for style points!
Gold: 756.00
May 24 2020 02:29am
Nice one dude, good luck with this one!

Didn't realise you were /p8 for boss reruns on your novamancer too, that's pretty brutal :lol:

I very rarely play assa myself, but I can say WSM is invaluable on throw barb :) You'd need to find the base weapon speeds of both your claws (good old Arreat Summit), then put the one with the fastest base speed over your boots, the slower one over your gloves. "Lift" the slower (glove-side) claw then put it back in. Voila, you are now WSM-bugged! You can see it in action on any of the vids on my throw barb WT, different build/weaps but same mechanic :)

Taken from an old post, explains how it works better than me:

Instead of just averaging the WSM’s of the two claws, your AWSM = average + (right WSM – left WSM). So, for example, if you use a Runic Talon (-30 WSM) in the boot-side slot and a Suwayyah (0 WSM) in the glove-side slot, if you bug the WSM, you’ll have an AWSM = -15 + (-30 - 0) = -45 instead of -15 like you would if you didn’t bug it.

This post was edited by Mukhalif on May 24 2020 02:30am
May 24 2020 06:25am
Quote (el_profesor @ May 24 2020 09:48am)
GL with this WT buddy :)

Go for dual claws for style points!

Thanks man! Was thinking about dual claw. Don't think dual claw will be that easy early on though.. dunno

Quote (Mukhalif @ May 24 2020 10:29am)
Nice one dude, good luck with this one!

Didn't realise you were /p8 for boss reruns on your novamancer too, that's pretty brutal :lol:

I very rarely play assa myself, but I can say WSM is invaluable on throw barb :) You'd need to find the base weapon speeds of both your claws (good old Arreat Summit), then put the one with the fastest base speed over your boots, the slower one over your gloves. "Lift" the slower (glove-side) claw then put it back in. Voila, you are now WSM-bugged! You can see it in action on any of the vids on my throw barb WT, different build/weaps but same mechanic :)

Taken from an old post, explains how it works better than me:

Cheers bro, appreciate this! Will look into this if I find 2x nice claws that I can equip.
Honestly, think going through Norm will be fine with whatever gear / gearless. For nm though, spirit is always good... absurdly sick honestly... Dunno XD

There He(she) is!

Starting is always difficult. No mana to cast, low dmg to kill. But leveling is fast so obviously, rather easy.

May 24 2020 06:28am
This was quite the drag. Shock web does no dmg. She runs away constantly. Her zombies put me in block frame or w/e its called. Took me quite some while and pots

Always love this name. Here in the Netherlands we've got a national park called De Biesbosch with a delta of rivers. Always reminded of that due to bishi XD

WP placement is off the charts so far. YOu can't see because I didn't pick it up whilst going to dark woods. But it's actually around 20yards on the right

May 24 2020 06:34am
Big bad boys are down. GOt my Charged bolt sentries. Decided to go just straight into lightning instead of Trying WoF. Places 5, snook a peak to lure him AND HE DEAD BOY

Clearing area's is fun with charged bolt. Normally I don't even bother much with clearing Tristram unless it's Bnet and I want lvl 12 XD

THE WP PLACEMENT IS UNREAL! Questing this, then going to run this quite some for at least:

- 2x Stealth (Tal-Eth)
- Ancient's Pledge (Ral-Ort-Tal)
- Black probably for the 40% crushing blow (Thul - io - Nef) Io won't be possible, Thul by 3x Ral for cubing in a2.
- 3x Ral rune for merc's weapon vs Andariel. Will be cubing a2 Savage polearm later.

May 24 2020 08:10am
Quote (Itsjustpain2 @ May 24 2020 02:34pm)

THE WP PLACEMENT IS UNREAL! Questing this, then going to run this quite some for at least:

- 2x Stealth (Tal-Eth)
- Ancient's Pledge (Ral-Ort-Tal)
- Black probably for the 40% crushing blow (Thul - io - Nef) Io won't be possible, Thul by 3x Ral for cubing in a2.
- 3x Ral rune for merc's weapon vs Andariel. Will be cubing a2 Savage polearm later.

Obviously 3x ral becomes Ort rune as everybody knows! This was merely a test .... lol

Alright, Black for when I go to act 5 normal ahha

Done plenty plenty of countes runs p8 and p1 when entering tower l5. Got lvl 18+ at the end. The result:

Quest drop was Ral rune btw
Made Nadir and Stealth for Mana after kill

Made 2x Stealth, 1 for me and 1 for merc

May 24 2020 08:11am
This is rather nice! The psn lenghty reduction and resistance is insane nice for when I'll be going against Andariel!

Made bow for merc for when we go vs Andariel!
On the lest runes for when I'm fixing cube to make Ral - Ort (3x Ral) - Tal

ONWARDS TO ANDARIEL FOR SOME GEAR!

This post was edited by Itsjustpain2 on May 24 2020 08:12am
Gold: 4,239.00
May 24 2020 08:40am
Good luck I'll be following.

I bet you'll catch up to Emma in LK

Some advice from my run:

-Wait until you have spirit weapon in nightmare to switch away from using Leaf runeword for fire traps. Fire traps are useful until then and probably beyond.

-Fade is a major save in terms of not needing as much res from gear. I just use one point

-Mind blast has been a game changer for me in Hell. I was having trouble trying to figure out how to stop mobs from rushing and always having to retreat and psychic hammer was working well in narrow area like tunnels but mind blast is way better in open area

-Insight runeword on your merc allows you to stay much safer by placing traps everywhere you can see ahead of you to feel out where enemies are

-You dont need keys to open locked chests

This post was edited by Animosaro on May 24 2020 08:44am
May 24 2020 08:50am
Quote (Animosaro @ May 24 2020 04:40pm)
Good luck I'll be following.

I bet you'll catch up to Emma in LK

Some advice from my run:

-Wait until you have spirit weapon in nightmare to switch away from using Leaf runeword for fire traps. Fire traps are useful until then and probably beyond.

-Fade is a major save in terms of not needing as much res from gear. I just use one point

-Mind blast has been a game changer for me in Hell. I was having trouble trying to figure out how to stop mobs from rushing and always having to retreat and psychic hammer was working well in narrow area like tunnels but mind blast is way better in open area

-Insight runeword on your merc allows you to stay much safer by placing traps everywhere you can see ahead of you to feel out where enemies are

-You dont need keys to open locked chests

Cheer man!

- Not going fire. Starting lightning traps and finishing as lightning ^^ Not making leaf thus.
- Instantly unlocked Fade to use when gear isn't enough. Using BoS otherwise <3 Saw your walkthrough ^^
- Think ill go for mind blast mid NM-hell aswell. Found using Decrepify instead of Lower resist as psn mancer untwinked insanely helpful. The same will be for mind blast I suppose
- I NOTICED THE LACK OF KEYS to open chest, I TOTALY forgot that! Was so happy when I realised after opening 3 locked chests hahaha
- Will always go insight early NM. The lack of mana is so frustrating. And as casters it's so annoying not having fast mana regen if you fight a Mana Burn mob

Thanks bro!!

Would you look at this INSANE action shot. Chopping him with my Cestus!

My green friend

Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
12319Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll