d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > International > Japanese > Would Like To Learn Nihongo
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 23 2020 02:55pm
I have started learning katakana and hiragana

How can I learn faster/better
May 24 2020 07:36pm
19 views no reply?
Gold: 18,761.97
Jun 15 2020 01:11am
こんにちはお元気ですか? How long have you been studying and what are your goals?
Jul 3 2020 12:06am
Quote (Brandon9405 @ Jun 15 2020 12:11am)
こんにちはお元気ですか? How long have you been studying and what are your goals?

Doing the same thing as OP, but...

すみません。私は元気です。あなたは?
さんかげつべんきょしています。(sorry if I totally messed this up, tried to not use any kanji).

Tons to learn. I have been doing my best to learn a little every day.

@OP
I have been using Memrise to learn personally, along with a few other apps but in a much lighter facet.
Do what works for you, some people like Anki decks and other apps.
Try and get away from Romaji as soon as you can.
the /r/learnjapanese has a great resource list for learning materials.
Gold: 18,761.97
Jul 3 2020 12:29am
元気だよーありがとうね。毎日勉強して頑張ってください!

Yes study a bit every day, 10 minutes,30 minutes or an hour is great if you can! Every bit counts.

Definitely learn Hiragana & Katakana slowly add kanji as you go while learning other things.

Find a word for instance きょうは (Today) Then learn it with the kanji 今日は then add your adjective in this example I'm going to use cold "さむい" kanji 寒い。 Now put it together and you've made your first basic sentence. 今日は寒いです。 Today it's cold. or 今日は寒いね。It's cold today isn't it...

These are just fun ways I like to explore and make new sentences of course a basic example albeit I learned a lot this way. I am by no means advanced, but I have learned a decent bit the past two years especially traveling to Japan three times. One thing to keep note of is don't rely on Anime only for listening practice too much it can be helpful, but often times the speech is very informal. Try to look up real Japanese shows on Netflix etc to practice active listening.

Tools I've tried include Japanese from zero books and videos, Genki Text books, Anki, Duo lingo and more. I am always looking for fun new ways to learn and mix it up, but admittedly slack a lot this isn't and easy language by any means, but very rewarding once you start to understand it :)

Best of luck to both of you in your studies if anyone of you would like to do some practice group things you are more than welcome to add my discord. Dekunim#7031 じゃまたね  :D

This post was edited by Brandon9405 on Jul 3 2020 12:31am
Jul 5 2020 11:30am
Quote (Brandon9405 @ Jul 2 2020 11:29pm)
元気だよーありがとうね。毎日勉強して頑張ってください!

Yes study a bit every day, 10 minutes,30 minutes or an hour is great if you can! Every bit counts.

Definitely learn Hiragana & Katakana slowly add kanji as you go while learning other things.

Find a word for instance きょうは (Today) Then learn it with the kanji 今日は then add your adjective in this example I'm going to use cold "さむい" kanji 寒い。 Now put it together and you've made your first basic sentence. 今日は寒いです。 Today it's cold. or 今日は寒いね。It's cold today isn't it...

These are just fun ways I like to explore and make new sentences of course a basic example albeit I learned a lot this way. I am by no means advanced, but I have learned a decent bit the past two years especially traveling to Japan three times. One thing to keep note of is don't rely on Anime only for listening practice too much it can be helpful, but often times the speech is very informal. Try to look up real Japanese shows on Netflix etc to practice active listening.

Tools I've tried include Japanese from zero books and videos, Genki Text books, Anki, Duo lingo and more. I am always looking for fun new ways to learn and mix it up, but admittedly slack a lot this isn't and easy language by any means, but very rewarding once you start to understand it :)

Best of luck to both of you in your studies if anyone of you would like to do some practice group things you are more than welcome to add my discord. Dekunim#7031 じゃまたね  :D

がんばっています!

I sent you a request on discord.

ありがとうございました。よろしくお願いします。
Go Back To Japanese Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll