d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > Wow Nostalgia
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 690.20
May 16 2020 07:08pm
What are your WoW nostalgia moments?

I played vanilla WoW on release, and I'm thinking of coming back to play Shadowlands primarily due to the revamped leveling system

My moments:

* Was my first MMO, so the scope of everything was amazing. Remember first logging in, and just being terrible/clueless. Took awhile to figure out how to chat, etc
* Farming runecloth so I could get exalted with night elves so I could get the night elf mount as a gnome
* AVs that lasted for days/weeks
* Raiding guild, who was full of angry cubans that yelled alot. We made it up to naxx
Jr Admin
Gold: 248,806.00
Trader: Trusted
May 17 2020 05:11am
I have way too many to list honestly, but here are a few that came to mind in no particular order.
  • Meeting one of my all-time best rl friends who also happened to be #1 on achievement points world wide. On that note, it looks like he currently is again :D https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/kazzak/Xhanon
  • Meeting several friends met in-game irl
  • Carrying ^Tandfen ^BlindzF
  • Randomly running into Buzzkill leveling his alt (considered the bets PvE warlock at the time, member of <Ensidia>) and hitting it off pretty well. Unfortunately I lost contact with him when I quit in Cata.
  • My first time leveling in Ganklethorn Vale and getting absolutely destroyed.
  • Accidentally ninja pulling all the orcs in Redridge Mountains on my first char and the rage that ensued
  • First time stepping into Ulduar and raiding it in general.
  • Getting my swift spectral tiger (I still have the TCG card saved)
  • Getting my Rukhmar mount when I was on voice with a friend. The Rarity addon sounded off and my friend heard it in the background and started yelling haha.
  • Getting full Tier 3 on Shaman, Warrior, Paladin and Druid
  • Completing all the Legion spec solo challenges
  • Getting the swift zulian tiger only a few months before the raid was removed. The tree stump solo cheese was real, if you know you know.
  • Farming Tusks of Mannoroth and landing the drop on Christmas Eve.
  • Achievement proc testing with several Wowhead staff
  • Camping and obtaining TLPD, Aeonaxx, uldum figurine camel, voidtalon
  • Getting carried to 2000 rating so I could get the coolest elite shaman set in the game imo (I don't pvp) --> https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=2634/fierce-gladiators-ringmail-armor-elite-recolor
  • Making cringe nu-metal and techno video guides in my adolescence

This post was edited by Arkhen on May 17 2020 05:12am
Gold: 455.51
May 17 2020 07:57am
Getting mount from VoA 25 back in wotlk after my gm begged me to come tank it. He never asked me to tank anything after that
Gold: 0.00
May 17 2020 02:55pm
Quote (Arkhen @ May 17 2020 05:11am)
I have way too many to list honestly, but here are a few that came to mind in no particular order.
  • Meeting one of my all-time best rl friends who also happened to be #1 on achievement points world wide. On that note, it looks like he currently is again :D https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/kazzak/Xhanon
  • Meeting several friends met in-game irl
  • Carrying ^Tandfen ^BlindzF
  • Randomly running into Buzzkill leveling his alt (considered the bets PvE warlock at the time, member of <Ensidia>) and hitting it off pretty well. Unfortunately I lost contact with him when I quit in Cata.
  • My first time leveling in Ganklethorn Vale and getting absolutely destroyed.
  • Accidentally ninja pulling all the orcs in Redridge Mountains on my first char and the rage that ensued
  • First time stepping into Ulduar and raiding it in general.
  • Getting my swift spectral tiger (I still have the TCG card saved)
  • Getting my Rukhmar mount when I was on voice with a friend. The Rarity addon sounded off and my friend heard it in the background and started yelling haha.
  • Getting full Tier 3 on Shaman, Warrior, Paladin and Druid
  • Completing all the Legion spec solo challenges
  • Getting the swift zulian tiger only a few months before the raid was removed. The tree stump solo cheese was real, if you know you know.
  • Farming Tusks of Mannoroth and landing the drop on Christmas Eve.
  • Achievement proc testing with several Wowhead staff
  • Camping and obtaining TLPD, Aeonaxx, uldum figurine camel, voidtalon
  • Getting carried to 2000 rating so I could get the coolest elite shaman set in the game imo (I don't pvp) --> https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=2634/fierce-gladiators-ringmail-armor-elite-recolor
  • Making cringe nu-metal and techno video guides in my adolescence

Wow I've never seen someone with over 31k achievement points, your friend has to be one of the hardest grinders I've ever seen :hail:
Gold: 3,007.00
May 26 2020 02:14am
First kills on Kael and lady Vashj as main tank prot paladin
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll