d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Potential Brake Issue?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 15 2020 02:01am
So I recently did the brakes on my Corolla. I've done them a few times before and many times on other vehicles, so I'm not unfamiliar with the process. This time however, I've run into issues. After doing the brakes, I noticed after any in-city driving, my brakes start to smell like they are burning. There is no constant noise so I don't believe it is rubbing. The entire wheel and hub get incredibly hot. Moreso on the driver's front but partially on the passenger front as well. Now it is starting to make a high pitched squeal at low speeds when I turn to the left as well. Misalignment? Overheated wheel bearing going bad? Any help or input greatly appreciated as I use this vehicle for work at the moment.

Edit- the chirping is cyclic and not constant

This post was edited by DarkByDesign on May 15 2020 02:21am
Gold: 788.50
May 15 2020 07:03pm
Something is sticking for sure, make sure the pads are sliding freely as well as the caliper pins, just because the caliper piston moves back doesn’t mean it’s not seized either so have a real good look at that. Why did you replace the brakes in the first place? If one side was wearing faster could be a good indication of where the problem is coming from. Depending on the type of caliper have a look at how the pad sits on the piston side and make sure there’s nothing forcing the pad to sit at a weird angle, some have knobs and slots for them to fit in if it’s a twist in piston.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll