d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Christian Fellowship > Spending Time In God's Presence > ^
12Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 255.50
May 13 2020 07:28pm
Just about to finish reading a very good book on the holy spirit called "river dwellers" by Dr Rob Reimer and It's got me thinking and searching for God's presence.

Why question goes out about this topic and would be;

What methods do people employ or what ways do people seek to enter God's presence?

I'm practicing the art of quiet meditation and trying to listen to the holy spirit, as the book refers to, this is a skill you develop over time like building muscles in a gym. As for me and I assume most people, this is made harder by the fact there is no visible aspect to it.

Gold: 174.69
May 13 2020 10:22pm
I'm not sure I understand your question.
Do you mean seeking to hear God's voice?

The Bible clearly states that sin cannot stand in the presence of God. Therefore God cannot descend down here to earth to dwell with us or we would all be instantly vaporized by being in his presence.
God can manifest part of himself in the form of The Holy Spirit that dwells everywhere here on earth. He also manifested himself in the flesh as Jesus Christ of Nazareth and came to earth, died and rised up so that we all could be saved.
The Bible also warns us to stay away from witchcraft and spells/incantation. This includes trying to open up the "third eye".

Seeking to hear God's voice is not a hobby or pastime. It is a lifetime commitment.
May 13 2020 10:36pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ 14 May 2020 14:22)
I'm not sure I understand your question.
Do you mean seeking to hear God's voice?

The Bible clearly states that sin cannot stand in the presence of God. Therefore God cannot descend down here to earth to dwell with us or we would all be instantly vaporized by being in his presence.
God can manifest part of himself in the form of The Holy Spirit that dwells everywhere here on earth. He also manifested himself in the flesh as Jesus Christ of Nazareth and came to earth, died and rised up so that we all could be saved.
The Bible also warns us to stay away from witchcraft and spells/incantation. This includes trying to open up the "third eye".

Seeking to hear God's voice is not a hobby or pastime. It is a lifetime commitment.

By his presence I mean the holy spirit, as you've stated we cannot be in his complete presence. I'm not talking about a third eye or any witch craft but simple how do people dwell in the holy spirit, through praise and worship, meditation, prayer etc etc
Gold: 174.69
May 14 2020 05:15am
Quote (Rajom @ May 14 2020 02:06pm)
By his presence I mean the holy spirit, as you've stated we cannot be in his complete presence. I'm not talking about a third eye or any witch craft but simple how do people dwell in the holy spirit, through praise and worship, meditation, prayer etc etc

Prayer and meditation are 2 different things.
The Holy Spirit is everywhere on earth and when you are in deep prayer, this is when "God's presence" can fill your vessel/body and bring you closer to our Lord.
The "skill training" as you put it just refers to daily prayer that becomes longer and longer each time as you are "building a relationship" with the Lord and proving that He comes first in your life.
Gold: 63.45
Warn: 30%
May 14 2020 04:52pm
Quote (ChivasRegal @ May 14 2020 01:15pm)
The Holy Spirit is everywhere on earth and when you are in deep prayer, this is when "God's presence" can fill your vessel/body and bring you closer to our Lord.
The "skill training" as you put it just refers to daily prayer that becomes longer and longer each time as you are "building a relationship" with the Lord and proving that He comes first in your life.

if animals could speak, they would tell you to stop talking
May 15 2020 12:39am
Quote (ChivasRegal @ 14 May 2020 21:15)

I'm asking in what ways do people spend time in God's presence? is his presence being filled with the holy spirit, with prayer? with meditation? bible reading? praise and worship?

Bonus points if this is how you hear God's voice and communicate with God, I'm trying all of the above methods to really hone in my "God' radio and for me at the moment i think when I am meditating on God's word is when I feel the holy spirit more then any of the others listed.

Gold: 62.77
May 15 2020 11:15am
Quote (Rajom @ May 15 2020 01:39am)
I'm asking in what ways do people spend time in God's presence? is his presence being filled with the holy spirit, with prayer? with meditation? bible reading? praise and worship?

Bonus points if this is how you hear God's voice and communicate with God, I'm trying all of the above methods to really hone in my "God' radio and for me at the moment i think when I am meditating on God's word is when I feel the holy spirit more then any of the others listed.

First thing when i wake up i go to God in prayer. Then listen to worship music and then i read my Bible. I think in order to develop the spiritual muscles that you're talking about you need to have a deep 1 on 1 relationship with the Lord. Keep Him first in everything in your life and He'll guide you. When you pray, you also want to listen for His voice.
May 16 2020 06:25am
Quote (wraps @ 16 May 2020 03:15)
First thing when i wake up i go to God in prayer. Then listen to worship music and then i read my Bible. I think in order to develop the spiritual muscles that you're talking about you need to have a deep 1 on 1 relationship with the Lord. Keep Him first in everything in your life and He'll guide you. When you pray, you also want to listen for His voice.

That's really what I was wanting to hear, thank you
Gold: 62.77
May 16 2020 10:39am
Quote (Rajom @ May 16 2020 07:25am)
That's really what I was wanting to hear, thank you

No problem. :)

Just keep seeking Him everyday and the closer you get to God the more you will feel His presence.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 18 2020 01:13am
Amen
Go Back To Christian Fellowship Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic