d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Name Change History
123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 566.33
May 5 2020 10:12pm
I think it would be a good addition to implement a name change history in peoples profile

Like an area in your profile user stats where it states your previous names and dates you changed it

I don't have access to a computer right now so I can't make a visual gfx but something like

Acc Name History:

NOTGAY 7/2/2020
GAYNOT 2/8/2019
STRAIGHTARROW 12/6/2018

Name changes happens quiet frequently, esp those who are active in betting forum. Some ppl bm and then name change or afk for awhile then name change to clear their past

Gold: 0.69
Trader: Trusted
May 6 2020 08:11am
Clicking on that person's name on the profile to drop a list?
That can work as well since that spot is not used for anything at the moment when looking at the profile (besides opening the url you're in with # at the end)

I am kind of mixed about this.
Some staff members should have a way to look at this somehow (gold translations & logs probably).

There really isn't a downside to this.
Unless another user/staff brings up something which is negative in a way, I don't see issue with this personally.
Gold: 6.66
Warn: 10%
May 6 2020 08:19am
would make it easier to spot sold accounts.
voted can
May 6 2020 11:42pm
Quote (Djsem @ May 6 2020 10:11pm)
Clicking on that person's name on the profile to drop a list?
That can work as well since that spot is not used for anything at the moment when looking at the profile (besides opening the url you're in with # at the end)

I am kind of mixed about this.
Some staff members should have a way to look at this somehow (gold translations & logs probably).

There really isn't a downside to this.
Unless another user/staff brings up something which is negative in a way, I don't see issue with this personally.

Well I'm speaking for the normal users who don't really have a way to check who a person is if they name changed unless their recent topics haven't expired and it shows their old name.

There's been a few instances in bnp where a random account becomes active and had a recent name change * referring to ^liskod2 post below.most of them end up scammers or are using large amounts of fg transfered over from other game currencies to backdoor/laundering stolen/scammed fg

This post was edited by NOTGAY on May 6 2020 11:43pm
Gold: 9,205.00
May 7 2020 01:14am
I don't see a reason why a normal user should see someone's past name(s).
Scamming isn't particularly related to name changing.

Defeats the purpose of the whole thing.
May 7 2020 01:17am
Quote (HardyTarget @ May 7 2020 03:14pm)
I don't see a reason why a normal user should see someone's past name(s).
Scamming isn't particularly related to name changing.

Defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

Let's say someone got away with selling unperms but lack of proof
But community believes the other guy because he has a good rep/gm.
The guy selling unperms afk for a month or so and gets name change.
No one tracks him during those months, and now he's clean. Where as before people should be cautious when trading or dealing with him and aware that there's some suspicious accusations on him.
Trade Moderator
Gold: 151,723.00
Trader: Trusted
May 7 2020 01:21am
Voted yes. Good idea
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 7 2020 01:55am
Good idea
Gold: 9,205.00
May 7 2020 02:02am
Quote (NOTGAY @ 7 May 2020 10:17)
Let's say someone got away with selling unperms but lack of proof
But community believes the other guy because he has a good rep/gm.
The guy selling unperms afk for a month or so and gets name change.
No one tracks him during those months, and now he's clean. Where as before people should be cautious when trading or dealing with him and aware that there's some suspicious accusations on him.

You cannot have proof when it comes to unperm as perm selling.
Vouches mean nothing, screenshots mean nothing. It's word against word.
It has always been that way. Postcount/joindate/forumgold has no merit in those trades and no one knows what is unperm/perm unless they created the item(s) themselves.
Go look at some of them and you see they are bumped for years. It's ridiculous.

I do see your point and some people can abuse it to try and start from a clean slate.
Still, I think only the admins/moderators need to see the name history and act accordingly.
May 7 2020 02:30am
Quote (HardyTarget @ May 7 2020 04:02pm)
You cannot have proof when it comes to unperm as perm selling.
Vouches mean nothing, screenshots mean nothing. It's word against word.
It has always been that way. Postcount/joindate/forumgold has no merit in those trades and no one knows what is unperm/perm unless they created the item(s) themselves.
Go look at some of them and you see they are bumped for years. It's ridiculous.

I do see your point and some people can abuse it to try and start from a clean slate.
Still, I think only the admins/moderators need to see the name history and act accordingly.

I use to work for this restaurant that had pretty good business and was one of the hottest spots during the 00s. But as the economy shifted and the demographics changed and the produce prices increased the restaurants business got halfed, and when it got halfed, they had to reduce the workers, and the prices of the ingredients they used they were only increasing so they had to look for cheaper alternatives that weren't as good, that led to less and less customers and the service became bad, the food became average.

Then the owner decides to name change to a completely new name, but interior the same, food the same, everything the same and advertised as a grand opening restaurant. It brought new customers and old customers that who use to be regulars but stopped coming cause the quality drop. many customers left when they found out it was the same restaurant with the same owner but different name.Some of the customers didn't bother to ask but they would eat and realize everything was the same and felt cheated.

Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
123Next
Closed New Topic New Poll