d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Anyone Have Indoor Herb/veg Hydroponics?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 579.30
May 14 2020 02:21pm
Quote (eMptyBox @ May 14 2020 11:15am)
They're pretty accurate would recommend an electronic one?

Maybe compare between if wanted, btw wood Ash is highly alkaline if you need to change ph, use a little

Oxygen starts to leave the water at about 78 degrees

Gl

Quote (Thor123422 @ May 14 2020 01:01pm)
Paper is okay depending on how fine you want. It will get it to maybe within 0.5 ph units.

Electronic meters honestly aren't good unless you are calibrating them every day you use them.

my leaf are always yellow and the light is far enought

and i got those china ph tester i bought like 3 different one,, and it always uncalibrated every 10 second :P
ill try the little sticker one
Gold: 260.11
May 14 2020 09:26pm
I was going to try the paper towel method to sprout my Thyme, but I looked today and I have a thyme sprout!

Took them long enough, > 4 weeks to get the first sprout, but damn I don't care because at least its a sprout.
Gold: 0.00
May 15 2020 08:34am
Quote (vonvonpapa @ May 14 2020 02:21pm)

and i got those china ph tester i bought like 3 different one,, and it always uncalibrated every 10 second :P

nutrient deficiency imo, compost tea ;), worm castings, biochar etc.. LIVING SOIL is what im saying, full of life but not only that, the life has access to food and water to continue.. huge difference

maybe even some MULCH, cover the bare soil

Quote (Thor123422 @ May 14 2020 09:26pm)
I was going to try the paper towel method to sprout my Thyme, but I looked today and I have a thyme sprout!

Took them long enough, > 4 weeks to get the first sprout, but damn I don't care because at least its a sprout.

took too long in my opinion, at least it worked though :thumbsup:

try other methods and find what works for you ;)
Gold: 34.00
May 18 2020 10:56pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 14 2020 08:26pm)

holy crap 4 weeks! i'd probably honestly given up and tried again, but your patience has paid off hahaha

I had really good luck putting seeds in warm tap water overnight then whenever i had time the next day, i put them in a bag or container (like restaurant ranch container w/ lid - clear) with paper towel in the bottom. i'd soak the paper towel in distilled or rso water imo if ur having trouble to begin with + look into peroxide and its use for seeds.

Quote (vonvonpapa @ May 14 2020 01:21pm)

yeah i have bad luck with them and for me i have trouble making sure the base water i start with is even properly ph buffed (for calibration) to begin with lol.

for this, im just using basic strips since im doing hydroponic lettuce/herbs- not the best, but a decent reference and indicator of adjustments needed or not i suppose hahaha
Gold: 260.11
May 18 2020 11:02pm
Quote (Jm820 @ May 18 2020 11:56pm)
holy crap 4 weeks! i'd probably honestly given up and tried again, but your patience has paid off hahaha

I had really good luck putting seeds in warm tap water overnight then whenever i had time the next day, i put them in a bag or container (like restaurant ranch container w/ lid - clear) with paper towel in the bottom. i'd soak the paper towel in distilled or rso water imo if ur having trouble to begin with + look into peroxide and its use for seeds.

It wasn't so much patience as I left it there and forgot about it since I couldn't find a pre-grown thyme plant. Must have been something about the seeds because I got 4 or 5 sprouts all within a few days of each other after waiting several weeks.
May 19 2020 12:33am
Quote (Thor123422 @ May 18 2020 10:02pm)
It wasn't so much patience as I left it there and forgot about it since I couldn't find a pre-grown thyme plant. Must have been something about the seeds because I got 4 or 5 sprouts all within a few days of each other after waiting several weeks.

lmao, well at least now you should have plenty :D thats awesome they sprouted!
Gold: 3.00
Jul 29 2020 10:57pm
When I did DWC I ran the Lucas formula but I got lazy a few years ago and switched to coco and after trying about every nutrient lineup I switched back and am still using the Lucas formula. I don’t mess with herbs or veggies though.
Jul 30 2020 09:35am
yeah i have heard coco really is good :D

i was kinda lazy and went with general hydroponics maxi grow and maxi bloom to keep it simple/ez and works for both indoor/outdoor - soil/hydro ftw
(vegetables and kitchen herbs - tomato basil butter lettuce sorta stuff)

so far my biggest issue with all of my gardening is algae and mold growth trying to murder everything. i have found adding 10-15 ml of 3% peroxide per 1 gal of water and it seems to help.

any reco on keeping the algae and mold at bay on the roots? (other than darkness for dah roots, of course) but any good protective nutes or anything?
Gold: 3.00
Jul 31 2020 08:21pm
Quote (Jm820 @ Jul 30 2020 08:35am)
yeah i have heard coco really is good :D

i was kinda lazy and went with general hydroponics maxi grow and maxi bloom to keep it simple/ez and works for both indoor/outdoor - soil/hydro ftw
(vegetables and kitchen herbs - tomato basil butter lettuce sorta stuff)

so far my biggest issue with all of my gardening is algae and mold growth trying to murder everything. i have found adding 10-15 ml of 3% peroxide per 1 gal of water and it seems to help.

any reco on keeping the algae and mold at bay on the roots? (other than darkness for dah roots, of course) but any good protective nutes or anything?

A little bit of algae doesn’t hurt all my pots have a little on the top of them since I water them twice a day. I’ve heard nothing but good things about peroxide, I personally use poolshock burnout 73 which is just calcium hypochlorite but I use it in pure coco if you used that in straight dirt it would kill all the microbes. If it’s growing mold in the bottom of the pot you may be either watering it too frequently or the plant is in a too big of pot and the ph rises in the soil before the plant can uptake it all.
/are you growing in dirt or hydro? If you’re growing in hydro that poolshock burnout 73 will be your best friend and a small bag last a lifetime

This post was edited by TaoTeChing on Jul 31 2020 08:25pm
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Aug 4 2020 05:07pm
Soils is better imo. As long as it has the right minirals and biochemistry then you gucci
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll