d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Anyone Have Indoor Herb/veg Hydroponics?
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 34.00
May 4 2020 11:51pm
discuss~

hope you are all staying safe and finding ways to enjoy yourselves.

good vibes ur way!
May 5 2020 09:43am
Maybe not :)
Gold: 620.79
May 5 2020 09:44am
Yup cannabis plants. It's not intense until harvest time. Water n prune twice a week. Got a mostly organic setup going.
May 5 2020 11:02am
Quote (Hecht55 @ May 5 2020 08:44am)
Yup cannabis plants. It's not intense until harvest time. Water n prune twice a week. Got a mostly organic setup going.

ayeee sounds like something nice to mess with and enjoy during quarantine ;)

im starting fresh herbs and vegetables myself - the good stuff is legal here and cheap in stores, so no canna here :D

soil or hydroponic? doing dwc for hydroponic?
May 5 2020 04:33pm
Quote (Jm820 @ May 5 2020 01:02pm)
ayeee sounds like something nice to mess with and enjoy during quarantine ;)

im starting fresh herbs and vegetables myself - the good stuff is legal here and cheap in stores, so no canna here :D

soil or hydroponic? doing dwc for hydroponic?

We're allowed 4 indoor cannabis plants.

I start mine from seed using an organic seed starter soil then I transplant around their 6th set of leaves into a 3 gallon fabric pot using a mix of Pro Mix HP and I cut in about 25% earthworm castings. 1000w full spectrum LED. I try to hold around 50% humidity and keep it around 25° C. I run 18 hours on 6 off.

Had good success with a ghost chili plant treating it almost identically to a cannabis plant. Wife does a bunch of herbs and veggies outside. I have my indoor garden.

This post was edited by Hecht55 on May 5 2020 04:33pm
Gold: 4,537.00
May 5 2020 11:34pm
Quote (Hecht55 @ May 5 2020 05:33pm)

I start mine from seed using an organic seed starter soil then I transplant around their 6th set of leaves into a 3 gallon fabric pot using a mix of Pro Mix HP and I cut in about 25% earthworm castings. 1000w full spectrum LED. I try to hold around 50% humidity and keep it around 25° C. I run 18 hours on 6 off.

Had good success with a ghost chili plant treating it almost identically to a cannabis plant. Wife does a bunch of herbs and veggies outside. I have my indoor garden.

Good stuff
Gold: 0.00
May 6 2020 12:11pm
very fun, dont let idiots let your water get overheated and unplug your airstones etc

its not pleasant sight
May 8 2020 09:07pm
Quote (Hecht55 @ May 5 2020 03:33pm)

That's awesome! Sounds like your 4 plants have the perfect mix of nutrients and definitely a good bit of light in a perfectly elevated environment! I love it man!

I havnt done anything like this since I was a kid, to be honest - but I put some seeds in tap water/put in cabinet: chives, lil sweet peppers, coriander/cilantro, basil, 2 types of lettuce, and some lavender - left them in there for about a day and just put them all in damp paper towels in zip lock bags. hoping to see something happen in a couple of days lol, then into the net cup/hydro setup i got.
May 9 2020 06:12am
Quote (Jm820 @ May 8 2020 11:07pm)
That's awesome! Sounds like your 4 plants have the perfect mix of nutrients and definitely a good bit of light in a perfectly elevated environment! I love it man!

I havnt done anything like this since I was a kid, to be honest - but I put some seeds in tap water/put in cabinet: chives, lil sweet peppers, coriander/cilantro, basil, 2 types of lettuce, and some lavender - left them in there for about a day and just put them all in damp paper towels in zip lock bags. hoping to see something happen in a couple of days lol, then into the net cup/hydro setup i got.

That's similar to how I usually germinate but lately I've been hetting lazy and just putting the seeds right into the medium and just mist it daily. I find its only a day or two slower for the average seed and there's less stress put on the tap root because I'm not moving it at all. I've been saving my take out coffee cups for seedlings it works great. Fill the paper cup up with medium, pop your seed. When the leaves pass the rims of the paper cup it's time to transplant into it's permanent home. Glue on the cup has started to come apart due to moisture you can just peel it off the root structure, there's no stressing at all. Been bery happy with this technique.
May 9 2020 10:27am
Quote (Hecht55 @ May 9 2020 05:12am)
That's similar to how I usually germinate but lately I've been hetting lazy and just putting the seeds right into the medium and just mist it daily. I find its only a day or two slower for the average seed and there's less stress put on the tap root because I'm not moving it at all. I've been saving my take out coffee cups for seedlings it works great. Fill the paper cup up with medium, pop your seed. When the leaves pass the rims of the paper cup it's time to transplant into it's permanent home. Glue on the cup has started to come apart due to moisture you can just peel it off the root structure, there's no stressing at all. Been bery happy with this technique.

I like it! seems nice and simple and affordable + good recycling, too. I'm glad to hear it's been working well and is stress free.

I have a bunch of these plastic drinking cups that I could use just like that with some hydro clay and rockwool- do some kratky with them for sure!
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll