d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > 4 Box Theorycrafting
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 137.00
Apr 30 2020 10:16am
Hi guys, I've been playing classic for the past couple weeks using 4 boxes and have had mild success in chaosing myself, but im hoping some classic experts can give me some info that will improve my runs.

Right now im running:
sorc (20 orb 20 ice bolt 20 static 1 tele 15 fireball 1 fire matery, skipped cold mastery because of slaves)
conv/tank pally slave
LR/CE necro slave
bo barb

I also previously tried using a lightning/chain lightning build on the sorceress, but as I've discovered how OP static is on cllassic especially with conv/LR, I respeced. Using fireball fore cold immunes who are not near corpses I can explode on my necro.

My main questions are am I using the best sorc build for this strat? And how can I make my paladin more tanky? He has 20 conv 20 HS, 85 75 75 90 res's, and ~10 damage reduce. Should I try to stack some more damage reduce, or more defense? Right now I'm theorizing that damage reduce stack would be the most effective. Already have 7 from duskdeep and 3 from shield. Also plan on wearing hotspurs once i find them.
Gold: 21,970.00
Apr 30 2020 02:37pm
The usual classic cs team is:
Blizzard sorc
WW barb
Hammer din

4th player: Meph Glitcher Sorc | Bone/CE necro | (Baroness)Chanter Sorc | (Baron)Max BO barb

If you're looking to upgrade your specific built then you'll probably have to figure it out yourself.
Apr 30 2020 04:37pm
Quote (VTO @ Apr 30 2020 04:37pm)
The usual classic cs team is:
Blizzard sorc
WW barb
Hammer din

4th player: Meph Glitcher Sorc | Bone/CE necro | (Baroness)Chanter Sorc | (Baron)Max BO barb

If you're looking to upgrade your specific built then you'll probably have to figure it out yourself.

Well, I'm asking for people's advice and opinion on upgrading my specific build.
Gold: 20.00
Apr 30 2020 05:47pm
Your build is stupid
You have all that resist lowering and no lightning fury

But if you want to tank in classic you have to kill faster, there is no God mode like ezpack. Things are easy to tank when they're dead.

If you ain't using fury ditch the stupid paly build and go hammerdin, listen to vto advice also and stop making excuses

Also static in classic isnt op, its a slow ass way to kill things
Hammers and blizzard is better, it's why you take damage.

If you wanna be special build your team to lightning fury

And why does your bo only bo? Even ww with a snap would be deadly
Apr 30 2020 08:19pm
Quote (SagittariusA @ Apr 30 2020 07:47pm)
Your build is stupid
You have all that resist lowering and no lightning fury

But if you want to tank in classic you have to kill faster, there is no God mode like ezpack. Things are easy to tank when they're dead.

If you ain't using fury ditch the stupid paly build and go hammerdin, listen to vto advice also and stop making excuses

Also static in classic isnt op, its a slow ass way to kill things
Hammers and blizzard is better, it's why you take damage.

If you wanna be special build your team to lightning fury

And why does your bo only bo? Even ww with a snap would be deadly

I can't really hammers and blizzarad at the same time though, its very difficult for me. Thats why I chose to use din and necro as basically afk supports who only are walking conviction or cast 1 lower resist. Are you really suggesting that I play hdin, barb, and sorc all as dps at the same time? that sounds extremely difficult
Gold: 31.50
Apr 30 2020 08:53pm
VTO has the best answer here man, forget any logic you think you have coming from LOD.

1=Sorc (blizzard only my guy)
2=Paladin (hammerdin only)
3=Barbarian (as long as he uses his bo's you're fine, but making it a support WW isn't a bad option either (especially when you're doing slow/entrance runs.))
4= Whatever you want. (vto is saying sorc because you can run a sorc who smashes andy/duriel/mephisto in the same game while boosting exp and item drop chance for every other character in game while mf'ing andy glitch etc...)

Next....

It depends on what kind of CS you're running...
If you're running a slow (from entrance cs) then what VTO is saying works 100x better than how you have it set up.
If you're running a faster cs' then I would run sorc/hdin/hdin/bo. (This is when your sorc is tp'ing only at seal bosses, hdins run in tp kill seal boss then take tp back out while sorc hops back in and goes to next seal)

If you have any questions or actually want more in depth info just shoot me a PM I'd be happy to help.
May 1 2020 08:45am
Have I made it clear that Im playing all 4 boxes? How in the fuck am i suuposed to play 2 hammerdins at once lmao.

This post was edited by LongLane on May 1 2020 08:46am
Gold: 2,489.69
May 1 2020 08:51am
Quote (LongLane @ May 1 2020 09:45am)
Have I made it clear that Im playing all 4 boxes? How in the fuck am i suuposed to play 2 hammerdins at once lmao.

ya like literally everyone didnt get that you meant this and thought u meant a 4 man bot team. i got what you mean tho, u want a challenge of a self CS team that takes advantage of passive skills to kill shit.

i'd suggest positioning your barb to tank damage, get Max block and max life then toss on some DR gear if u can.

also blizzard may be your best bet on the sorc, just because the freeze will increase safety. blizzard/glacial spike mobs that get near pally/barb/nec, then amp/ce to finish off packs. or alternatively ditch the sorc altogether, vigor/charge to taxi the group instead of tele, kill with hammers then amp ce.
May 1 2020 09:42am
you think barb can tank better than din + iron golem? my din has 85 75 75 85 res, max block, and like 3k def, 3.1k hp.

i'm wondering about going for barb dps and using sorc for just tele, pally conviction or fanat, and necro amp/decrep/CE. thoughts?

This post was edited by LongLane on May 1 2020 09:43am
Gold: 2,489.69
May 1 2020 11:25am
Quote (LongLane @ May 1 2020 10:42am)
you think barb can tank better than din + iron golem? my din has 85 75 75 85 res, max block, and like 3k def, 3.1k hp.

i'm wondering about going for barb dps and using sorc for just tele, pally conviction or fanat, and necro amp/decrep/CE. thoughts?

perhaps it cant tank better, but it isn't valuable. your barb in this setup is a decoy basically, if he dies he dies. then pally is backup tank. iron golem will engage enemies and take a lot of their threat anyways.

barb DPS with something like a fant pally isn't a bad idea either, barbs can shred. especially with amp all over the place.

tele taxi, amp with nec, ww everything down or kill most then CE. seems like a good plan.

This post was edited by thesnipa on May 1 2020 11:26am
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll