d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster > Aldur > Druid Summoner; Hc, P8 & V1.14
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30.00
Apr 26 2020 10:41pm

Aldur, the Drummoner

Rules:

• Once I obtain a set piece from Aldur's Watchtower, I must wear it during progressions (allowed to use other gear during reruns)
  • Must obtain the full set of Aldur's Watchtower prior to defeating Baal (Hell)
  • Cannot use bows; have to use a slightly different build other than the typical Hunter
  • Being a Summoning Druid, I can only put hard skill points into the "Summoning" tree
  • Ladder rune words enabled via .txt file
  • /Players8 enabled at all times
  • Hardcore

Goals:

• Make some top tier rune words
  • Get that Aldur's glow
  • Defeating Baal (Hell) would be insane, but I'd be happy for reaching Act 4 (Hell)
  • Find a great Magic/Rare Summoning Pelt

The Dream Gear:

• Magic/Rare Pelt with +2 Summoning skills & +2-3 Grizzly
  • "Chains of Honor"
  • "Heart of the Oak"
  • "Call to Arms"
  • "Spirit" Shield
  • Arachnid Mesh
  • Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
  • +3 Summoning amulet
  • Magic/Rare/Crafted Gloves w/ resist mods
  • Sandstorm Trek

Act 1

Aldur's journey begins now

Progression was relatively easy. Spirit Wolves are legit.

Andariel did not cause any issue. I didn't even have to hunt for Rals from the Countess.
Apr 26 2020 10:43pm
Act 2

Emilio will be my main mercenary until I can upgrade him with an Offensive Nightmare version

Still breezing through :thumbsup:

Transmuted the Horadric Staff
Apr 26 2020 10:46pm
Maxed Spirit Wolf :)

I found this incredible pelt in the tomb just before Duriel. I can't believe my luck with the +1 Summoning Skills!

Duriel did not put up too much of a fight
Apr 26 2020 10:49pm
Act 3

Spirit Wolves are still making my life very easy

Transmuted Khalim's Will

I found Sigon's shield from the Council Member's within Durance of Hate Level 3, so I was pretty excited about that. Mephisto was actually the easiest of the 3 bosses so far

Apr 26 2020 10:53pm
Act 4

Upon entering this Act, the difficulty moderately increased in comparison to the 3 previous Acts

Woah, Diablo was insanely difficult. It required a lot of return trips to town in order to restock pots and to revive Emilio. It got to the point where I simply gave up on reviving him though. I should have planned ahead and put more points into Grizzly (only 1 hard point), because I knew Diablo was going to be very difficult. I just had not anticipated him being as tough as he was. Luckily, Grizzly was incredibly tanky so that helped tremendously!
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Apr 26 2020 11:27pm
Yeah, Diablo always surprises me too in a new HCL season ^^ Shouldn't underestimate him. Good job beating him though!
Gold: 2,780.00
Apr 27 2020 08:33am
Looking good and good luck! :thumbsup:
Gold: 601.80
Apr 27 2020 02:32pm
I would think that a hunter with bow is hard enough! Good luck with the extra challenge ;)
Gold: 0.95
Apr 27 2020 07:30pm
Challenge of beating Hell Baal with Aldurs Set equipped is going to be the tough challenge..

Me and Belarathon both have completed a Summon Based Druid walk thru (but i'm sure a strictly summon druid is gonna be harder..)

Good Luck and Have FUN

My thread is named BEARD
His thread is named HOBBES
Apr 28 2020 12:34am
Quote (Taurean @ Apr 27 2020 01:27am)
Yeah, Diablo always surprises me too in a new HCL season ^^ Shouldn't underestimate him. Good job beating him though!

Yeah, Diablo is a straight pain! I do not plan on rerunning him anytime soon :rolleyes:

Quote (Pious @ Apr 27 2020 10:33am)
Looking good and good luck! :thumbsup:

I appreciate the support, bruh!

Quote (davor70790 @ Apr 27 2020 04:32pm)
I would think that a hunter with bow is hard enough! Good luck with the extra challenge ;)

It's all about the glow, buddy!!!

Quote (15bucks @ Apr 27 2020 09:30pm)
Challenge of beating Hell Baal with Aldurs Set equipped is going to be the tough challenge..

Me and Belarathon both have completed a Summon Based Druid walk thru (but i'm sure a strictly summon druid is gonna be harder..)

Good Luck and Have FUN

My thread is named BEARD
His thread is named HOBBES

I've read Hobbes, but now I'm DEFINITELY going to be reading Beard now. Yeah, I'm handicapping myself pretty good. However, even though I cannot put any hard skill points in the Summoning tree, I maaaay resort to using a "Beast" and Jalal's Mane in order to bolster my damage and survivability; but I would like to save that as a laaaaast resort and only if I survive long enough to even turn to this option :D I'm hoping that a souped-up mercenary along with tanky summons will take me far.
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll