d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Mag Solo Build ?? > Solo/tank ?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 311.83
Apr 12 2020 03:40pm
Is there a build for this I haven’t really checked around much so was hoping for someone to show me thx I want skill and stats and what kinda gear I’ll need to thx

This post was edited by danksmoke on Apr 12 2020 03:42pm
Gold: 19,029.13
Apr 13 2020 01:29am
Not sure you can call a magician a "tank" but it runs the same as groups.

Int weapons, daggers are significantly cheaper than staffs
Int robes, these will be reasonably expensive
EE damage charms
EE heal charms

Stats ~ imo 20 vit is too low, go to 30 off the bat. Then upto 80 int, then upto 45/50 vit, then rest int.
Skills: Pillar/Pierce/power cast are all excellent, choose

Advantages:
High damage output, killing mobs is rarely an issue. 3 excellent abilities
Cheap charms/int daggers are available as new players very rarely go the mage route. a 90ee MQ charm i've seen go as low as ~10-20 fg.

Disadvantages:
Need to shrine regularly, if you're not a fan of returning to town to chuck something in the shrine, solo'ing a magician probably isn't for you
Gets completely trucked by a set of 3 EP's, will either need to use a significant number of shrinables/fish to regen as in many cases your heal charm will not be enough to outdo the damage of 3 EP mobs. Lower health pool than other classes (can get more vita, but the lack of int decreases damage/mana pool)
Dealing with both a mana pool and hp pool sometimes is more annoying to deal with if you're not used to it.

My personal way of solo'ing a mage:
explore the map, any time you get low hp type into chat /whistle 1 (only need to do this once per character login) and activate a whistle and use your heal charm to go to full life against mobs which deal almost no damage.
You will need to pick up pretty much every single shrinable item, including magical tier 1's, to keep up with the mana consumption.
You will usually be welcomed in the higher level groups for your high damage and healing capabilities, whilst a barb/fighter can soak up the damage a bit better. in this sort of group try and get it down to ~2 mobs, then do all your healing when you have less mobs hitting your group. Healing with 5+ mobs hitting you isn't ideal, but will obviously be sometimes unavoidable. You are likely going to need to continue grabbing items to shrine in groups, just pop in and out of the catacombs as necessary.
Gold: 6,660.65
Apr 13 2020 08:41am
If you want to solo/tank you should be leaning more towards barb/fighter
Or if you want to utilize healing go with a guardian ... cheap build here.BUT only problem wit using guardian is that when you pass you won’t be able to use all your gear for the next class until you hit pally
Gold: 8,691.68
Apr 17 2020 11:52pm
Simple answer is Yes you can, just as long as you can afford the Forum gold to buy the best and also work out whether you want to "Survive longer to kill, or, Kill faster and live a little bit longer and shrine/regen"

Best armor for your build : Padded Robes ONLY with High Enhanced Effect in combination with High Intelligence. Other mods could be Heal Mastery / Damage Reduction / Life / mana ... work out the best for you... remember, you can compare this armor with your Staff, Dagger & Main charm with basically the same mods combined.

50 vitality is the minimum I would say to use on this build, then rest to Intelligence.

Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll