d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > D2 Still Worth Getting Back Into? > Like Making Fg Wise?
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16.00
Apr 7 2020 09:22am
just want to know if its worth it or not lol ive seen some items sell for 1k fg so im like wth havent i started back up again xD
Gold: Locked
Apr 7 2020 09:30am
no
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Apr 7 2020 09:52am
Quote (MrRalk @ 7 Apr 2020 17:22)
just want to know if its worth it or not lol ive seen some items sell for 1k fg so im like wth havent i started back up again xD

Don't listen to Hyperdimension, he's just here to spread negativity to keep new and inspired people like you out of this place to keep the market to himself.

It is definintely possible to make a scratch, even as a legit player. But it depends on what you mean by "making fg". Do you mean you want to make money? Then i guess the answer is no. You are up against cheating botters that spend real money to make dozens and hundreds of bots that go day and night. There is not chance you can compete with that. And i sincerely do not hope you are another one of them.

But even myself as a legit player, i have had upwards to a thousand fg's starting from 0. My aim has never been to get rich, but just to have fun trading and be a positive force in the community. For that i have been warned 50% and banned for about 2 years in total. But let's not focus on that.

In around 2010, i was doing some crafting, and i crafted a blood ring called Beast Eye .. this i got offers on upwards to about 20 000 forum gold. But i turned it down ^^ For one, to spite the market forces, and two, because someone else would just make even more off it. I do kind of regret it today though, because it would deck my needs for Hardcore gameplay for the long term future. But even still i have managed to do pretty well in Hardcore trading.

The key is to collect and keep a structured system of gems, runes, crafting jewels and certain unique items. For these, if the correct user wants it, you can get quite a good price for them. I have gotten 20-40 forum gold for packs of 20 crafting jewels, early and even mid season.

Of course you will get lucky in the game and find high runes and high quality uniques with near perfect or perfect stats .. these will sell for hundreds of forum gold.

I have sold a perfectly rolled Faith GMB (without the 15/3 stat) for i think it was 400 forum gold mid-late season once.

It is definitely possible. But you need to have the attitude that you will enjoy the game for what it is .. and not just be out for the forum gold. Then you will probably tire out and get sick of it. At least having a 50/50 attitude can work.

I wish you luck, and just ask any more questons if you wonder about something :)
Gold: 6.69
Apr 7 2020 11:54am
Quote (Taurean @ Apr 7 2020 05:52pm)
Don't listen to Hyperdimension, he's just here to spread negativity to keep new and inspired people like you out of this place to keep the market to himself.

Its not negativity. The player base on all realms is decreasing as the years go by

So it really depends on player preference
Gold: 9.27
Apr 7 2020 12:29pm
Look at ladder prices of hr's few fg each literally 2-3fg each... Playing legit it's near impossible to get a steady supply of hrs . Maybe if you okay legit for months you may make 100 fg if your lucky.....

This post was edited by bish001 on Apr 7 2020 12:30pm
Gold: 2,673.25
Apr 7 2020 12:51pm
Quote (kai_jph @ Apr 7 2020 02:54pm)
Its not negativity. The player base on all realms is decreasing as the years go by

So it really depends on player preference

Do you think hes hammered drunk when he's trolling?
Gold: 8,020.00
Apr 7 2020 12:52pm
Quote (Taurean @ 7 Apr 2020 17:52)

It is definintely possible to make a scratch, even as a legit player. But it depends on what you mean by "making fg". Do you mean you want to make money? Then i guess the answer is no. You are up against cheating botters that spend real money to make dozens and hundreds of bots that go day and night. There is not chance you can compete with that. And i sincerely do not hope you are another one of them.

But even myself as a legit player, i have had upwards to a thousand fg's starting from 0. My aim has never been to get rich, but just to have fun trading and be a positive force in the community. For that i have been warned 50% and banned for about 2 years in total. But let's not focus on that.

In around 2010, i was doing some crafting, and i crafted a blood ring called Beast Eye .. this i got offers on upwards to about 20 000 forum gold. But i turned it down ^^ For one, to spite the market forces, and two, because someone else would just make even more off it. I do kind of regret it today though, because it would deck my needs for Hardcore gameplay for the long term future. But even still i have managed to do pretty well in Hardcore trading.

The key is to collect and keep a structured system of gems, runes, crafting jewels and certain unique items. For these, if the correct user wants it, you can get quite a good price for them. I have gotten 20-40 forum gold for packs of 20 crafting jewels, early and even mid season.

Of course you will get lucky in the game and find high runes and high quality uniques with near perfect or perfect stats .. these will sell for hundreds of forum gold.

I have sold a perfectly rolled Faith GMB (without the 15/3 stat) for i think it was 400 forum gold mid-late season once.

It is definitely possible. But you need to have the attitude that you will enjoy the game for what it is .. and not just be out for the forum gold. Then you will probably tire out and get sick of it. At least having a 50/50 attitude can work.

I wish you luck, and just ask any more questons if you wonder about something :)

How you fuck up so much that u end up getting 50% and still be so verbally superior to 90% of the D2jsp community?

Also big up for the positivity.
Gold: Locked
Apr 7 2020 01:02pm
Quote (xz-master @ Apr 7 2020 02:52pm)
How you fuck up so much that u end up getting 50% and still be so verbally superior to 90% of the D2jsp community?

by telling people that point out he's wrong to kill themselves
Apr 7 2020 02:00pm
Quote (xz-master @ Apr 7 2020 08:52pm)

Taurean's history more or less
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=79627511&f=276
https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81042200&f=276

In addition to cursing and swearing people who disagree with him, he also has a history of disrespecting the mods

Here's an example of a 60% warn
https://forums.d2jsp.org/user.php?i=861622

if you check taurean's profile he is even more restricted, so its safe to assume he really ticked off the wrong people

This post was edited by kai_jph on Apr 7 2020 02:07pm
Apr 7 2020 02:02pm
Quote (Zepllica @ Apr 7 2020 08:51pm)
Do you think hes hammered drunk when he's trolling?

not sure but he did post this once

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=81291557&f=87
Quote (Taurean @ Jun 23 2019 04:02am)

I am so drunk now.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll