d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Iso Help With Javazon Build
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Apr 6 2020 03:06pm
Quote (Taurean @ Apr 6 2020 04:52pm)
I couldn't agree more. Not everyone have thousands of forum gold to buy the absolute best gear, and what more is; Even the best gear compared to some of the budget options, isn't really THAT much better. You can still make a good javazon with second-to-fourth place gear options.

You use whatever you have and trade for key pieces. That's my strategy too.

Except the items he suggested cost way more than the best gear for a javazon. Your argument to defend him doesn't make sense
Gold: 397.00
Warn: 60%
Apr 6 2020 03:09pm
Quote (PlainOx @ 6 Apr 2020 23:05)

you basically negate the fast killspeed by no mobility. a baalrun java works without eni if you put a tele charges amu on her, for anything else: eni

Playing Hardcore, i don't dare do Baalrun games .. least with a Javazon ^^ Even still, i usually play general magic finding games .. i like to keep things open and experiment with different gear options.
Gold: 34.00
Apr 6 2020 03:12pm
Quote (Taurean @ 6 Apr 2020 23:09)
Playing Hardcore, i don't dare do Baalrun games .. least with a Javazon ^^ Even still, i usually play general magic finding games .. i like to keep things open and experiment with different gear options.

thats fair, and ofc everyone is allowed to do whatever they want to do, but isnt enigma also safer than coh? if you can keep your merc close to you he can tank quite some hits and conviction is always near you :X
Apr 6 2020 03:19pm
Quote (PlainOx @ 6 Apr 2020 23:12)
thats fair, and ofc everyone is allowed to do whatever they want to do, but isnt enigma also safer than coh? if you can keep your merc close to you he can tank quite some hits and conviction is always near you :X

I don't like Conviction ^^ hehe.

I can see it working better with Teleport, of course .. But again, in Hardcore, you can't afford to make 1 bad Teleport, so it's really not an option, unless you are super rich and can afford to play recklessly.

The reason i don't like Conviction is that it takes too long for the merc to run up to the monsters, for the Conviction aura to take effect. It slows you down. I would rather have a strong Physical damage merc to easier deal with Lightning immunes .. which usually goes quite fast either way. My experience is that most Lightning immunes are weaker enemies .. like scarabs/beetles and ghost and caster-type enemies.

Javazon usually deals enough damage anyway, it won't slow you down by many percent not using Conviction .. in my experience.
Gold: 34.00
Apr 6 2020 03:25pm
Quote (Taurean @ 6 Apr 2020 23:19)
I don't like Conviction ^^ hehe.

I can see it working better with Teleport, of course .. But again, in Hardcore, you can't afford to make 1 bad Teleport, so it's really not an option, unless you are super rich and can afford to play recklessly.

The reason i don't like Conviction is that it takes too long for the merc to run up to the monsters, for the Conviction aura to take effect. It slows you down. I would rather have a strong Physical damage merc to easier deal with Lightning immunes .. which usually goes quite fast either way. My experience is that most Lightning immunes are weaker enemies .. like scarabs/beetles and ghost and caster-type enemies.

Javazon usually deals enough damage anyway, it won't slow you down by many percent not using Conviction .. in my experience.

umm okay well, that might be the different views of a softcore only player and a hardcore player, because all i do is tele, throw 1 fury, everything dead, tele again...and i never got full res on my javas xD

This post was edited by PlainOx on Apr 6 2020 03:25pm
Gold: Locked
Apr 6 2020 03:31pm
Quote (PlainOx @ Apr 6 2020 05:25pm)
umm okay well, that might be the different views of a softcore only player and a hardcore player, because all i do is tele, throw 1 fury, everything dead, tele again...and i never got full res on my javas xD

don't worry other hardcore players play like that too. He's a known troll trying to spread misinformation on this forum
Apr 6 2020 03:37pm
Quote (PlainOx @ 6 Apr 2020 23:25)

I guess you do die from time to time though? ^^ Maybe rarely, but you do? You can't do that in Hardcore. Starting over takes too long and is expensive.. especially if you play legit like i do and like to try to do everything yourself.

My guess is also that you haven't tele'd much down to Baal .. if you encounter 1 pack of Black Souls, you're dead if the resists is how you say they are. You won't even get Conviction to take effect before you're dead ^^
Gold: 2,673.25
Apr 6 2020 04:18pm
Quote (Hyperdimension @ Apr 6 2020 06:31pm)
don't worry other hardcore players play like that too. He's a known troll trying to spread misinformation on this forum

This. A thousand times, this.
Gold: 6.69
Apr 7 2020 12:25am
Quote (Taurean @ Apr 6 2020 11:37pm)
I guess you do die from time to time though? ^^ Maybe rarely, but you do? You can't do that in Hardcore. Starting over takes too long and is expensive.. especially if you play legit like i do and like to try to do everything yourself.

My guess is also that you haven't tele'd much down to Baal .. if you encounter 1 pack of Black Souls, you're dead if the resists is how you say they are. You won't even get Conviction to take effect before you're dead ^^

Strange , I do
not very hard when you can teleport ;)

And getting res on a Zon is not rocket science

Gold: 6,930.77
Apr 7 2020 05:16am
OP if you still have questions you can PM me :) Or just hit me up on YT. I have this build down to the smallest detail.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll