d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Cd Key Muted > Anything I Can Do ?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,559.56
Apr 5 2020 06:36am
Hey,

after buying some items from a selling bot here @jsp i cant use the ingame Chat with any of my Accounts. Looks like my CD-Key got muted. I never use any third Person Software , spamed in chat or anything like. Is it possible that buying from the bot causes the Problem? The Bot Entered my game with 8 Chars to deliver items.

Since this happend the first time to me can i do anything to to use the chat again aside from waiting 30 days :(
Gold: 0.02
Warn: 80%
Apr 5 2020 06:51am
the muteness is tied to your cd key only (so changing the cd key solves the problem).
you usually get muted (over a long period of time) for typing specific words / string of words
because blizzard maintains a blacklist to prevent spamming ('yesgame' is a blacklisted string
because its a substring of an item shop's name as example). some of blizzard's blacklisted words
dont really mean anything or they have been added falsely to their list of bad words ('eyg' for example).. sooo innocent people can get punished easily.

i dont know the exact reason for your restriction but it can last a few seconds up to several months :c

This post was edited by zetsubl on Apr 5 2020 07:05am
Apr 5 2020 07:16am
thanks for your response. Hm can't guess what i could have said to get my keys muted. I don't do chit chat ingame. Just need the Chat for trading or when questing the usual "Here" "tp" "thanks"... well lets see if anything happens until this evening. Otherwise i will quit for now. I don't want o pay blizz 20$ for new keys as a thanks for Muting me
Gold: 153,394.00
Apr 5 2020 07:35am
Quote (zetsubl @ Apr 5 2020 01:51pm)
the muteness is tied to your cd key only (so changing the cd key solves the problem).
you usually get muted (over a long period of time) for typing specific words / string of words
because blizzard maintains a blacklist to prevent spamming ('yesgame' is a blacklisted string
because its a substring of an item shop's name as example). some of blizzard's blacklisted words
dont really mean anything or they have been added falsely to their list of bad words ('eyg' for example).. sooo innocent people can get punished easily.

i dont know the exact reason for your restriction but it can last a few seconds up to several months :c

Regarding this, imagine the bots that are allways saying the same words. Safe TP bla bla. This gets chat ban too?
Apr 8 2020 04:49am
short update.

After ~24h chat worked again, but still i have no idea what was the reason for the mute
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll