d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Allen Iverson Selected Best #3 Ever > Not Dwayne Wade
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 239.13
Apr 7 2020 09:48am
Quote (stuartg85 @ Apr 7 2020 07:38am)
this guy gets it

love how people act like curry and klay aren't trying the leg kick on them threes every time either... <_<

Terrible argument lmao. These #’s were prior to this 2019-2020 season.

Over the last three seasons, Harden has played in 228 games and drawn 291 foul calls while attempting a 3-pointer. The next closest player over the same stretch is Damian Lillard with 97 in 228 games. Harden has drawn more fouls on 3-point attempts than the next three players below him on the list, combined.

The numbers are simply staggering — he’s averaged about 1.3 three-shot trips to the free-throw line per game over that stretch and single-handedly been responsible for 8.1 percent of the league’s total fouls drawn on 3-pointers. He’s been fouled on more than 10 percent of his 3-point attempts over the last three seasons. Only a handful of other players are even over five percent.

We know your a Houston fan but how can you honestly act like Harden isn’t abusing it.. like Dom said, when HE instigates the contact, hooks arms and flails like a fish outta water only to get rewarded with the calls more often than not..

There is absolutely no denying the skill Harden possesses but his antics are 😴
Gold: 13,750.00
Apr 7 2020 10:14am
Quote (Winlaw @ Apr 7 2020 11:48am)
Terrible argument lmao. These #’s were prior to this 2019-2020 season.

We know your a Houston fan but how can you honestly act like Harden isn’t abusing it.. like Dom said, when HE instigates the contact, hooks arms and flails like a fish outta water only to get rewarded with the calls more often than not..

There is absolutely no denying the skill Harden possesses but his antics are 😴

how is it antics to use the rules to your advantage?

harden looks dumb as shit but he's clearly a step above the rest of the league in knowing how to play the game

as i've said before, if people don't like it, change the rules, which they do in the playoffs which is when he "disappears"

he doesn't disappear, the refs swallow their whistles then which people commend them for, but my argument is that they need to swallow them all season if that's the case and change the rules, you can't officate differently because there's more on the line for a particular game (sounds a little tim donaghyesque... ^_^ )
Gold: 239.13
Apr 7 2020 10:23am
Quote (stuartg85 @ Apr 7 2020 12:14pm)
how is it antics to use the rules to your advantage?

harden looks dumb as shit but he's clearly a step above the rest of the league in knowing how to play the game

as i've said before, if people don't like it, change the rules, which they do in the playoffs which is when he "disappears"

he doesn't disappear, the refs swallow their whistles then which people commend them for, but my argument is that they need to swallow them all season if that's the case and change the rules, you can't officate differently because there's more on the line for a particular game (sounds a little tim donaghyesque... ^_^ )

Completely agree w/ you tbh

The refs should call the game pretty much the same throughout the season/playoffs but that’s never been the case in the NBA, and likely will never change.

Harden still gets his numbers in the playoffs but doesn’t get the those tacky calls as often. I think in a way it can backfire when there are times where Harden gets fouled but doesn’t get the call (Rockets v Warriors gm7).

This post was edited by Winlaw on Apr 7 2020 10:24am
Apr 7 2020 10:25am
Quote (Winlaw @ Apr 7 2020 12:23pm)
Completely agree w/ you tbh

The refs should call the game pretty much the same throughout the season/playoffs but that’s never been the case in the NBA, and likely will never change.

Harden still gets his numbers in the playoffs but doesn’t get the those tacky calls as often. I think in a way it can backfire their are times where Harden gets fouled but doesn’t get the call (Rockets v Warriors gm7).

yeah i mean harden needs to be smart enough to know that he's not gonna get that shit in the playoffs and just rely on his skill rather than take the path of least resistance (although technically more resistance lol)

back on topic though, iverson world class chucker for sure

paved the way for kobe for sure
Gold: 79,366.46
Apr 7 2020 10:42am
Quote (stuartg85 @ Apr 7 2020 12:25pm)
back on topic though, iverson world class chucker for sure

paved the way for kobe for sure

for sure
Apr 7 2020 10:53am
Quote (Terps @ Apr 7 2020 12:42pm)
for sure

Gold: 23.00
Apr 7 2020 10:54am
Quote (stuartg85 @ Apr 7 2020 07:38am)
this guy gets it

love how people act like curry and klay aren't trying the leg kick on them threes every time either... <_<

Here is a fun fact for everyone here.

Player A

Last 4 seasons :

DRrg 110
Defensive Win Shares 9.6
Defensive Box Score Plus/Minus -1.7

Player B

Last 4 seasons

DRtg 107
Defensive Win Shares 13.6
Defensive Box Score Plus/Minus 1.6

So player B is better than player A in every defensive advanced statistic. What if I told you A was Klay and B was Harden?

Apr 7 2020 11:05am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Apr 7 2020 12:54pm)
Here is a fun fact for everyone here.

Player A

Last 4 seasons :

DRrg 110
Defensive Win Shares 9.6
Defensive Box Score Plus/Minus -1.7

Player B

Last 4 seasons

DRtg 107
Defensive Win Shares 13.6
Defensive Box Score Plus/Minus 1.6

So player B is better than player A in every defensive advanced statistic. What if I told you A was Klay and B was Harden?

yeah i mean harden will D up 1 through 5 and was obviously doing it like crazy the last two weeks before corona when they went with the small ball lineup

he gets shit for being lazy at times, but when he actually commits he's a solid defender
Gold: 3.60
Apr 7 2020 11:11am
But if you redid the 1996 NBA Draft surely Kobe Bryant is the #1 overall pick over Allen Iverson.

Hoops Hype tweeted this morning that Steve Nash would even go ahead of AI. That's an interesting take.
Marcus Camby went 2, Shareef Abdur-Rahim 3, Stephon Marbury 4, Ray Allen 5 and Antoine Walker 6.

Kobe Bryant was selected 13th overall and Steve Nash 15th overall in that draft class. Neither superstar was a top 10 pick.
Even back then it was a shocker. Social media wasn't crazy but we had AOL dial up and a pro basketball chat room. LOL

The Houston Rockets just happened to be picking 30th in that draft. Unfortunately, we ended up with Othella Harrington.

That would have been an ideal draft to have a bad team! Perfect time to rebuild with some of those players.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll