d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > So The Knicks Are Interested In Elton Brand
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 3 2020 01:24am
Quote (Giannis @ Apr 2 2020 06:05pm)
I see, I personally would hold the GM accountable. If he is able to be so easily manipulated and walked over, then he probably isn't worth keeping around (POV as a fan)

It's well known that it's more of a "GM by committee" situation in the front office though. BB had a huge part in bringing Brand in.

Which is why when people say Brand should be fired or try to blame him 100% it's not correct, its more like BB would be the first to go if anyone. Brand is genuinely a great basketball mind, and he has a lot of respect around the league. I don't think either are going anywhere though, at least not for a while.

I mean shit, Brand was just on the Sixers roster 4 seasons ago as a player lol. I like the fact that he played in the league for a long time and was always well respected as a true professional.

This post was edited by Sixers on Apr 3 2020 01:25am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 3 2020 05:00pm
Quote (Sixers @ Apr 3 2020 02:24am)
It's well known that it's more of a "GM by committee" situation in the front office though. BB had a huge part in bringing Brand in.

Which is why when people say Brand should be fired or try to blame him 100% it's not correct, its more like BB would be the first to go if anyone. Brand is genuinely a great basketball mind, and he has a lot of respect around the league. I don't think either are going anywhere though, at least not for a while.

I mean shit, Brand was just on the Sixers roster 4 seasons ago as a player lol. I like the fact that he played in the league for a long time and was always well respected as a true professional.

"GM by committee" sounds like a euphemism for bad FO. I would know too, John Hammond and Herb Kohl made tons of terrible decisions
Gold: 3,100.00
Apr 4 2020 06:01am
while a new coach might help philly that is not their problem.
It's embiid and simmons.
But easier to blame the coach than the players. Also easier to replace the coach, than the players.
However I'm sure if DM responds I'll get some tldr response about how brett brown is the worst and the sole reason why they're just a average coach away from winning a ship.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll