d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > New People On This Website. > Is It That Weird?
Closed New Topic
Gold: 7.80
Mar 29 2020 04:06am
It seems entirely unpossible to be a new guy to d2jsp these times without being called names or harrassed in topics. Even paid topics get spammed by certain people calling me a multi account. (While im reacting to just a other guys progress topic)

Is there anyway i can proof im not a multi account? Like this user Yawn, keeps calling me devon? And saying welcome back im not sure what it is but i never been here before. And he is not the only one sadly. Also many new people (in the diablo section of the website and the rs section) are getting called multiple users.

To be fair i like the site and all, even did a few trades here and there and completed some service for a guy on oldschool runescape. But when this happens its kinda tough to even get any reputation with these guys false claming that i am a multiple accountowner.

I understand people are suspicious, i saw the scammer forum and was shocked by how many people steal stuff. But that doesnt mean everyone with a new account is a former scammer. This way we new guys cant get a chance in d2jsp.

1. How can i build a rep without being called these things?
2. Is it a matter of time or is the website partially bullies?
3. Is there any action i can take to report users that spread false information about me, is this illegal in any way?
4. Can i block certain users, how does this work?
5. Can moderators make it impossible for people to make multiple accounts? So this issue does not happen to anyone anymore.

I feel like everyone deserves a chance, this does not stop me from using the website but it keeps crossing my mind new people are unwanted :mellow:

Topic url where i do a job for someone and i immediately get called a multi account, this made the buyer unsure but still proceeded and i completed the job.

https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=82855419&f=212

See what i mean :(

Thanks for listening.

This post was edited by Deboiennejong on Mar 29 2020 04:11am
Retired Moderator
Gold: 86,022.05
Trader: Trusted
Mar 29 2020 04:41am
Hey and welcome to d2jsp :)

im sorry to hear you have such a hard start, well there are many ppl who think every new account may be a multi account of some1 but you have to ignore these guys.

you can report every spam or offense against you to the leader of the section you are posting in . for trading grounds that are Trade Moderators and Trade Assistants just pm those guys and they will take care about your problems.

1. Can be difficult to get a reputation without being bothered by those guys, but u need to ignore that and doing your best to do your services and trades. if there are problems pm the mensioned stuff groupf. for any trades you may request a mediator to do save trades and not get scammed

2. i dont know how those ppl decide whether to annoy you with spamming multi stuff, but i guess when u get some posts and get knowen to all ppl in your sections there shouldnt be problem in the future ;)

3. yes, pm the d2jsp stuff and report via report button in your topic ;)

4. yes, you can block ppl to send u pms (manage block list in your pm box ;) )

5. no they cant because everybody can create multiple accounts with different e mail adresses, so its very hard to find out who is multi and who not, just about ip adress ... maybe

i hope you get better experiences in future with that site and dont hesitate to contact the stuff with problems ;)

let me know if there are any further questions ;)

best regards

This post was edited by dj_cj on Mar 29 2020 04:46am
Gold: 2,642.55
Mar 29 2020 04:49am
Quote (Deboiennejong @ 29 Mar 2020 12:06)
Is there anyway i can proof im not a multi account?

You can't prove you're not a multi.

You can, however, prove (to me) that you are a multi by starting threads like this.

A genuinely new user would take the initial distrust towards him for granted because it's a normal thing on a trading forum, and would be happy slowly building up his reputation.

It is only multis that are looking to quickly gain trust so that they can pull off their scams with as little effort as possible and then shortly after reappear under a different name to do it all over again.

Quote (Deboiennejong @ 29 Mar 2020 12:53)
Im not looking for quick reputation

Is that so? You sure could've fooled me.

This post was edited by Stration on Mar 29 2020 05:12am
Mar 29 2020 04:53am
Quote (Stration @ Mar 29 2020 12:49pm)
You can't prove you're not a multi.

You can, however, prove (to me) that you are a multi by starting threads like this.

A genuinely new user would take the initial distrust towards him for granted because it's a normal thing on a trading forum, and would be happy slowly building up his reputation.

It is only multis that are looking to quickly gain trust so that they can pull off their scams with as little effort as possible and then shortly after reappear under a different name to do it all over again.

Wait what? That is ridiculous. Isnt this what the general help forum is for? Im not looking for quick reputation, but false accusations i cant just take for granted.
Mar 29 2020 04:55am
Quote (dj_cj @ Mar 29 2020 12:41pm)
Hey and welcome to d2jsp :)

im sorry to hear you have such a hard start, well there are many ppl who think every new account may be a multi account of some1 but you have to ignore these guys.

you can report every spam or offense against you to the leader of the section you are posting in . for trading grounds that are Trade Moderators and Trade Assistants just pm those guys and they will take care about your problems.

1. Can be difficult to get a reputation without being bothered by those guys, but u need to ignore that and doing your best to do your services and trades. if there are problems pm the mensioned stuff groupf. for any trades you may request a mediator to do save trades and not get scammed

2. i dont know how those ppl decide whether to annoy you with spamming multi stuff, but i guess when u get some posts and get knowen to all ppl in your sections there shouldnt be problem in the future ;)

3. yes, pm the d2jsp stuff and report via report button in your topic ;)

4. yes, you can block ppl to send u pms (manage block list in your pm box ;) )

5. no they cant because everybody can create multiple accounts with different e mail adresses, so its very hard to find out who is multi and who not, just about ip adress ... maybe

i hope you get better experiences in future with that site and dont hesitate to contact the stuff with problems ;)

let me know if there are any further questions ;)

best regards

Thanks alot, i will then just ignore them and keep on trading. I dont need them anyway =)

Go Back To General Help Topic List
Closed New Topic