d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Pokemon >
ISO
> Should I Get A Switch
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 28 2020 01:59pm
Are the switch and the new pokemon sword and shield good? Havent played a pokemon game since they started the DS
Gold: 7.80
Mar 28 2020 02:05pm
the game introduces many notable quality of life changes that make travelling the Galar region stress-free. Seeing Pokemon models out in the wild is a very fun change atleast it was for me.

The world feels more alive and dynamic, Pokemon react to the player in reatime. This can lead to cute moments, such as when a Yamper pops up out of nowhere to check the player out, or some scary ones like being chased around the map by an overleveled pokemon. The Wild Area is crowded with life and begs for every part of it to be explored

Yet i didnt like the limitation to the pokedex. New pokemon did look good and fit in very well.

I think sword and shield is definitely the most controversial Pokémon game ever. I personally like it alot.

This post was edited by Deboiennejong on Mar 28 2020 02:08pm
Gold: 14.00
Apr 7 2020 10:33pm
I've been playing the series from the very beginning, so I will be mindful in my response since your last game was in gen 3. To answer the first question, regardless if you're interested in pokemon or not, the switch is awesome. There are some really great games such as Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Smash, Animal Crossing, ect. If you can find a red box switch right now, the "newer" model that has an increased battery life, then I would make the investment. Now to answer the second question, I believe that the newest pokemon have introduced some really fun features and is the most appealing game to newcomers, which has turned off a lot of the hardcore vets of the series. One of the biggest draw backs is the inability to use every single pokemon and to transfer your pokemon up to the switch, but since you haven't played since gen 3 isn't a big issue anyways since you would need a DS to do so. Sword and Shield aren't the best pokemon game and they aren't the worst pokemon game, so I would say if you're picking up a switch you should give it a try. At the very least you can have a wave of nostalgia and experience an open world version of the safari zone which has been one of the greatest inclusions they have made.
Go Back To Pokemon Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll