d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Ozark Season 3 > Drops In A Couple Hours
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 26 2020 06:55pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Apr 26 2020 07:31pm)
Comments like this are why I think the show is very overrated.

so, by your logic...

Quote (piatek @ Apr 20 2020 10:29pm)
The same episode over and over again. This show has seemingly run out of ideas.

Ozark must be underrated, right?

If we can cherry pick a comment on one extreme and use that as the baseline from which to determine if the show is under or overrated?
Gold: 23.00
Apr 26 2020 07:06pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Apr 26 2020 08:55pm)
so, by your logic...

Ozark must be underrated, right?

If we can cherry pick a comment on one extreme and use that as the baseline from which to determine if the show is under or overrated?

Except the second quote is accurate. You do realize not everyone has to like a show for it to be overrated.....otherwise the concept of overrated wouldn't exist since there is literally no show ever created that was unanimously loved. You go by the consensus. The majority of this thread is praise. Pretty simple to understand...

The show is nothing special. I don't get the love the show gets. It is a solid 6/10 at best with solid acting by a few people. You can like it all you want but in my opinion it is very overrated. It isn't even a top 10 Netflix original in my opinion.

With that being said the third season was definitely an improvement over the first two.

This post was edited by fuzzy159 on Apr 26 2020 07:12pm
Gold: 0.80
Apr 28 2020 04:39am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Apr 27 2020 02:06am)
Except the second quote is accurate. You do realize not everyone has to like a show for it to be overrated.....otherwise the concept of overrated wouldn't exist since there is literally no show ever created that was unanimously loved. You go by the consensus. The majority of this thread is praise. Pretty simple to understand...

The show is nothing special. I don't get the love the show gets. It is a solid 6/10 at best with solid acting by a few people. You can like it all you want but in my opinion it is very overrated. It isn't even a top 10 Netflix original in my opinion.

With that being said the third season was definitely an improvement over the first two.

3rd season was weak. Agree with solid acting. Biggest issue I had with this season was lack of any actual story development.

As far as significant plot points go;

Helen is dead.
Navaro has a face and is involving himself directly with the Birds
Ruth no longer works for the Byrdes and is now involved with the poppy fields

I cant think of any other significant plot development that occurs between the end of season 2 and the end of season 3.

But it took us 10 episodes to get there. Felt like a long wait between seasons for almost nothing to happen again.
Gold: 8,355.04
Apr 28 2020 05:29pm
Quote (WelSh @ Apr 28 2020 06:39am)
3rd season was weak. Agree with solid acting. Biggest issue I had with this season was lack of any actual story development.

As far as significant plot points go;

Helen is dead.
Navaro has a face and is involving himself directly with the Birds
Ruth no longer works for the Byrdes and is now involved with the poppy fields

I cant think of any other significant plot development that occurs between the end of season 2 and the end of season 3.

But it took us 10 episodes to get there. Felt like a long wait between seasons for almost nothing to happen again.

When I watched the show I watched all 3 seasons at once so the line between seasons isn't as clear for me but they definitely increased their position in both the cartel and in the ozarks, neither is a small plot line
Gold: 0.80
Apr 30 2020 06:10am
Quote (Flameyes @ Apr 29 2020 12:29am)
When I watched the show I watched all 3 seasons at once so the line between seasons isn't as clear for me but they definitely increased their position in both the cartel and in the ozarks, neither is a small plot line

I mean in terms of significance that's about it though, the show is a slow burner for sure and it works.. just think this season was a little too flat in terms of plot development. Shouldn't take 10 episodes to arrive at where we're at.

This post was edited by WelSh on Apr 30 2020 06:10am
Gold: 305.00
May 3 2020 06:14am
i finished season 3 and i realy appreciated it, more than S1 and S2 tbh.
7/10
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll