d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball >
Poll > Steph Klay And Dray Will Be The Last Of Their Time
12312Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3,800.00
Mar 26 2020 12:33pm
Basically the NBA top tier teams are a mother fucking patchwork of signed players & stars, no one left except maybe the Sixers has a drafted core but they for sure aren’t winning anything anytime soon, & they even have signed MANY stars to try and win over the years.

Are the Warriors the last legendary team with a drafted core?
I don’t see Giannis staying in MIL for his career, LA teams will always be a patch work, Luka has Porzingod, all other drafted cores like Phoenix suck. This is a league of superstars moving around, not staying to their home team. Loyalty is a forgone thing. Winning for the hometown is a foregone thing.

Discuss.
Gold: 20.70
Mar 26 2020 12:35pm
What about the Memphis Grizzlies? I thought they had an exciting and talented team this season, and they were making a strong push for the 8th seed. That would've been some valuable playoff experience for their young players if they got to face the Lakers in the first round. They have a bright future if they can stay together with their young core. When the Rockets start their inevitable rebuild in a few years I want to watch the Grizzlies play on NBA League pass.
Mar 26 2020 12:42pm
Quote (Madmartigan @ Mar 26 2020 11:35am)
What about the Memphis Grizzlies? I thought they had an exciting and talented team this season, and they were making a strong push for the 8th seed. That would've been some valuable playoff experience for their young players if they got to face the Lakers in the first round. They have a bright future if they can stay together with their young core. When the Rockets start their inevitable rebuild in a few years I want to watch the Grizzlies play on NBA League pass.

I think teams will opt for selling their young stars to get a big superstar. It’s basically also a function that the NBA is different than other sports, 1 player actually makes a HUGE impact in the result of the game than in other sports. So a superstar is just crazy valuable.

It’s also a function of a league with no loyalty from both sides. You can be drafted, groomed, given the keys, but if AD or KD is a FA that year, have your fucking bags packed just in case.

Also the other way, players that have been groomed and turned into superstars will bitch and complain to get traded to a “contender” instead of sticking with the team that believed in them.

Sad days. But some of these young rookies can change it. I hope they do.
Gold: 79,366.46
Mar 26 2020 12:44pm
I guess we're presupposing that the NBA will be folding within the next few years. Otherwise it seems asinine to suggest that no team in the next century or whatever will never draft this well ever again.
Gold: 20.70
Mar 26 2020 12:45pm
Quote (Dominicano @ Mar 26 2020 01:42pm)

It's possible. This is the most young talent I've seen in the NBA since LeBron, Carmelo, Wade, Bosh, etc... etc...
Guys like Ja Morant, Zion Williamson, Trae Young and Luke Doncic, to name a few, are all prime time players!
Gold: 12,840.00
Mar 26 2020 12:49pm
Jt, jb, kemba, and smart is a bad core. Hayward is likely out

Not legendary but it’s a good start

This post was edited by Beast1 on Mar 26 2020 12:51pm
Gold: 10.55
Mar 26 2020 12:53pm
Quote (Dominicano @ Mar 26 2020 11:42am)
I think teams will opt for selling their young stars to get a big superstar. It’s basically also a function that the NBA is different than other sports, 1 player actually makes a HUGE impact in the result of the game than in other sports. So a superstar is just crazy valuable.

It’s also a function of a league with no loyalty from both sides. You can be drafted, groomed, given the keys, but if AD or KD is a FA that year, have your fucking bags packed just in case.

Also the other way, players that have been groomed and turned into superstars will bitch and complain to get traded to a “contender” instead of sticking with the team that believed in them.

Im with you on just about every point here, but to say it wont happen again is hard to do.

Its probably unlikely that it happens again any time soon, but eventually there certainly will be a team out there who drafts smart, maybe finds a sleeper pick or two and ends up with a solid core that they drafted. It'll happen, just how long will it take... who knows.
Mar 26 2020 01:01pm
Quote (Beast1 @ Mar 26 2020 11:49am)
Jt, jb, kemba, and smart is a bad core. Hayward is likely out

Not legendary but it’s a good start

I mean Kemba wasn’t drafted for Boston but I agree with JT JB & Marcus Smart being crazy good draft pics. Love their whole team atmosphere before and after Kyrie.

Quote (Queefy @ Mar 26 2020 11:53am)
Im with you on just about every point here, but to say it wont happen again is hard to do.

Its probably unlikely that it happens again any time soon, but eventually there certainly will be a team out there who drafts smart, maybe finds a sleeper pick or two and ends up with a solid core that they drafted. It'll happen, just how long will it take... who knows.

Agree. I mean hopefully the pride of the new generation puts some fuel to the fire and makes them say “fuck joining the enemy, beat the enemy” mentality. Westbrook for example would have stayed in OKC his whole life if it was up to him.
Gold: 127,773.00
Mar 26 2020 01:10pm
virus is certainly a bad timing for the older players/cores.

the impact the current situation will have, raises questions if the next season will be played; not if the current season will be resumed. people that think everything will be over in 1-2 months need a reality check at this point.
Gold: 12,840.00
Mar 26 2020 01:24pm
Quote (darki99 @ Mar 26 2020 03:10pm)
virus is certainly a bad timing for the older players/cores.

the impact the current situation will have, raises questions if the next season will be played; not if the current season will be resumed. people that think everything will be over in 1-2 months need a reality check at this point.

Try telling trump that
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
12312Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll