d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Difference Between Christianity & Other > Religions
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63.45
Warn: 30%
Mar 27 2020 01:22am
Imagine having nothing else in your life than religion and flat earth b)
Gold: 17,384.69
Mar 27 2020 04:45am
Quote (Melatonina @ 27 Mar 2020 08:22)
Imagine having nothing else in your life than religion and flat earth b)

A 2017 Gallup creationism survey found that 38% of adults in the United States held the view that "God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years"
Mar 27 2020 04:50am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 27 2020 11:45am)
A 2017 Gallup creationism survey found that 38% of adults in the United States held the view that "God created humans in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years"

Yeah, now try with educated people.
Gold: 285.00
Mar 27 2020 06:20am
Christianity has always been about the bargain. As LazyDazy said it requires a leap onto faith with Jesus. You have to be at a certain place to be able to make a leap like that though. You have to be post-hedonism and living ethical to some degree already.

The bargain is that you get to enjoy certain things that would be considered sin within the allowed structure of the church. Feasts and sex, more or less, were not sinful in the context of religious marriage or celebration for saints.

Generally you make a leap after experiencing these things outside the graces of the church then becoming ethical and wanting to experience these things tempered through a super ego for lack of a better describing word.

Christianity will also offer some short of morality for people who struggle to find it in ethics or through interpersonal psychology.

I think American Christianity has been warped into this specific ideology inmeshed with capitalism that involves mild hedonism individuality and being yourself through commodity fetishism. They are literally the hardest people to get to participate in social distancing lol. The Pope canceled Easter deal with it. Christ will come back again next year.
Mar 27 2020 06:31am
Christianity is also extremely flexible and allowed an easier convert to many tribal people. On the other, as we can see in US, it produced different churches overbidding each others in the unholy obscurantism department.
#ModeratedJesus
Mar 27 2020 07:10am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 27 2020 01:31pm)
Christianity is also extremely flexible and allowed an easier convert to many tribal people. On the other, as we can see in US, it produced different churches overbidding each others in the unholy obscurantism department.
#ModeratedJesus

same in africa too

animals

This post was edited by Melatonina on Mar 27 2020 07:10am
Mar 27 2020 07:11am
Quote (Melatonina @ 27 Mar 2020 14:10)
same in africa too

animals

Who are "animals" exactly ? I don't understand.
Mar 27 2020 10:01am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 27 2020 02:11pm)
Who are "animals" exactly ? I don't understand.

sheeps
Gold: 578.20
Mar 28 2020 02:20am
Quote (Skinned @ 27 Mar 2020 13:20)
Christianity has always been about the bargain. As LazyDazy said it requires a leap onto faith with Jesus. You have to be at a certain place to be able to make a leap like that though. You have to be post-hedonism and living ethical to some degree already.

The bargain is that you get to enjoy certain things that would be considered sin within the allowed structure of the church. Feasts and sex, more or less, were not sinful in the context of religious marriage or celebration for saints.

Generally you make a leap after experiencing these things outside the graces of the church then becoming ethical and wanting to experience these things tempered through a super ego for lack of a better describing word.

Christianity will also offer some short of morality for people who struggle to find it in ethics or through interpersonal psychology.

I think American Christianity has been warped into this specific ideology inmeshed with capitalism that involves mild hedonism individuality and being yourself through commodity fetishism. They are literally the hardest people to get to participate in social distancing lol. The Pope canceled Easter deal with it. Christ will come back again next year.

Many people described in the Bible took that leap while in the deepest pits of despair. Prostitutes and tax collectors who was despised Jesus laid his hand on, offering them a new life.

The traditions of men that blinded the Jewish synagogue 2000 years ago ended with the killing of the Messiah they awaited, the same could be applied to the Christian church today. The catholic church especially whereas tradition is the authority above the original message of righteousness through the workings of Jesus and having faith in Him.

I think it's hard to make a proper analysis, because of Christianity being so entangled into the ethics and morality of the secular world. Humanism and the view we hold of our fellow human beings are very much in stake if we forget the Christian message of life being sacred. That every human being is created in the image of God. You seem to make ethics a sort of social construct while I would argue that transcendence, God, the highest of highest is The reality that keeps us from total annihilation, so far.

Gold: 578.20
Mar 28 2020 03:09am
Quote (Thor123422 @ 27 Mar 2020 03:37)
If you use faith you can be certain of literally any proposition.

Faith is a word with many nuances. One biblical definition is "(...) Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." The gospels and letters in the New Testement can produce faith, which can also be translated as assurence and trust. Trust in the historical significance of 4 separate accounts of the events described. Now that might not be enough for most people.

You see faith in everyday life, faith in your wife or husband. Faith in economics, which is pretty fragile under the current events.
Other perspectives and realities that helps build the foundation of faith besides the gospel and personal hope of each individual, is by looking at the natural world while applying science, philosophy and theology as a mean of translating what's before our eyes.
I'm sure you're familiar with the cosmological and fine-tuning arguments, so let's skip further discussion on those.

What I'm trying to argue is that faith is not blind as you seem to apply. Faith is drawn towards truth. One might adopt a highly sceptical "scientific" approach to the world, being faithless towards reality itself, because of the barriers and methods one is using. I would say that as a book produces faith in my heart that someone wrote that book, so does the DNA of the human body produce faith that intelligence was behind. That doesn't seem to satisfy most who are atheist or agnostic.

Who can tell what makes a man take the leap of faith. Personally I went from being sceptical myself to where I'm standing now, unable to have faith in the religion of atheism. I think we fall prey to our own ego's, wanting to be the masters of our choices. Apathy, blindness, hatred, all sorts of things clouds the mind. Only help from outside is able to lift the curtain to the Light of this world. Jesus Christ.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll