d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Hunter X Hunter > Aka Hiatus X Hiatus
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 6 2020 02:36am
Probably only long shonen I've ever actually finished. Enjoyed it and wanted more ta the end. Only big negative is that the ant arc was super bloated and dragged at a few points.
Gold: 10,197.97
Oct 15 2020 02:00pm
Quote (GreatBigMouth @ 26 Mar 2020 11:02)
few things:
- i do like hisoka character precisely because i dont fully understand his motives (which is obviously intended by togashi since it is never completely explained)

inb4 i get a bullet point page back,

But Hisoka lives to fight. It is heavily implied throughout; I believe it's first mentioned in the Exam arc where he's just there because he's bored and he's scoping out new "toys" (Worthy fighters with potential)

The reason as to why he wants strong people? It's because he likes having fights where he gets pushed to his limit and twisting the turns of battle so that his opponents fall when they think they would never lose.

Likewise, as soon as someone loses their nen or combat abilities, he loses interest. He even goes as far as to help Chrollo by searching for a Nen Exorcist so that he could fight Chrollo after the disappointment of about to fight him and realizing that Kurapika took away his nen abilities.

Quote (sparklechad @ 12 Jul 2020 10:00)
Why did hisoka go on a murder-spree after that? did he get butthurt cuz he lost? lol

I believe it's less so of revenge and more just changing the game up. He chase Chrollo the first time around and Chrollo was able to bide time to come up with the ultimate location and set of abilities to fuck him over. This time he want Chrollo to chase after him and have their rematch the other way around. While Shalnark is one of the "Toys" he has his eye on, he sacrificed him as at this point he just cares about Chrollo (I actually dont remember Shalnark being in the toybox so unsure whether or not he's interested in fighting him either). Kortopi has low combat ability so he doesn't really give a shit about him. The fact he left Macchi alive is probably because he wants an infuriated macchi chasing him after he kills Chrollo.

This post was edited by Simon11 on Oct 15 2020 02:09pm
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll