d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Who's Working From Home?
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3.33
Mar 25 2020 05:21pm
C'mon you know
Gold: 285.00
Mar 25 2020 05:29pm
Was told several days ago by leadership that lockdown was impending and we were going to def con 4 lol. I was told to figure out a way to do my job remotely. Ive aggresively pursued this and will start tomorrow. I was off site today doing professional development, because i was waiting on virtual fax and vpn stuff to complete. I have two days a year i can do stuff for my license so i took one today while that is working itself out.

Hospital is empty. Hardly any patients even. Units with one or two patients, its eerie.

Im the only case manager who has prepared to work from home. Someone i hired as a discharge planner is being trained in utilization review now so we will have a bench that is two deep when the boomers get sick...theyre determined to not let the china virus win by interupting their lives due to it.

Crisis stabilization is my expertise and not theirs and it's really showing at this time. Worst case scenario I support the whole hospital from home when everyone else's lungs fill up with liquid.

I am not going back for a while even after got the government says all clear. I do not trust them. The nurses are like take us with you lol.
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 25 2020 05:30pm
I am out of work at the part-time school bus driving gig. Email from Monday says we'll be paid throughout the shutout at 85%, with the other 15% coming due when we return. I must be available for side gigs (for example using school buses to deliver breakfast to eligible students during the lockdown) or I will lose all pay.

I am working full-time still at my main job, and while business is slow, we're deemed essential workers who are asked to remain on the job throughout the crisis. Neither job can be done from home.
Gold: 57.00
Mar 25 2020 05:40pm
wfh full-time indefinitely. very fortunate that is the case. i have a full office setup (multiple monitors, docking station etc.) for when i need it. it is nice being able to do the day-to-day stuff from a laptop on a couch

im fortunate my company allows at least one remote day a week normally, and the potential silver-lining is they realize that employee productivity is similiar if not better for a lot of their workforce when they are remote. at least on my team communication is very informal and smooth, so it makes for efficient and flexible working situations

i have a long commute under normal circumstances, and ive long argued they get more of my time when i work remote since i can login right as i wake up and put some coffee on

This post was edited by excellence on Mar 25 2020 05:42pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 25 2020 05:45pm
Coronavirus took my jerb

Worked as a student assistant for an on-campus job. Campus is effectively closed except for essential services. Job can't be done remotely. RIP
Gold: 8,933.00
Mar 25 2020 05:54pm
Quote (Handcuffs @ Mar 25 2020 06:45pm)
Coronavirus took my jerb

Worked as a student assistant for an on-campus job. Campus is effectively closed except for essential services. Job can't be done remotely. RIP

Strange. My kids' official spring break ends on Monday, and they will be 'back at school' on their school-issued ipads getting an education from my living room.
Gold: 475.46
Mar 25 2020 06:01pm
I work in I.T. and work from home some days regardless of a virus but at this time I am working from home full time.
Mar 25 2020 06:03pm
Quote (Santara @ Mar 25 2020 04:54pm)
Strange. My kids' official spring break ends on Monday, and they will be 'back at school' on their school-issued ipads getting an education from my living room.

Well, my job involved collecting qualitative data on student experiences in the class, synthesizing it into a report, and sending it to the professors in the hopes they'd make changes before the semester ends.

Given the circumstances, that feedback isn't very helpful anymore as students and professors alike are more concerned with navigating the transition to remote learning and finishing up the semester. Although we could technically do an online survey to collect data, the response rate to online surveys is abysmally small. For the standard end-of-semester surveys/evaluations that students get in their email, we have a roughly 5% response rate...
Warn: 10%
Mar 25 2020 06:07pm
Laid off 3 months ago. Couldn't find job. Finally got an interview as this thing spread and it was cancelled. So I'm doing body workouts everyday to prepare myself for prison in case I get caught robbing a fucking bank or something.
Gold: 2,620.00
Mar 25 2020 06:09pm
I work in healthcare. Still go to the hospital everyday.

That said, the VA Hospital I work at is at like 25% of our normal volume on our floors, wards, and ICUs. People are staying home. On the outpatient side, we are switching the majority of visits to phone visits.

At the state hospital I work at, it's business as usual. Maybe a 10-20% reduction in normal patient volume in some areas. This is a very poor and indigenous population at this state hospital so they are still quite sick with chronic medical conditions and can't afford the luxury of staying home even during this pandemic. Many are homeless as well.

So we are actually way less busy than usual as people are staying home. For now. This could change. Can't imagine what NYC is going through right now. They actually graduated med students early at NYU and are giving them an option to start working at EDs and medicine floors due to crazy demand.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll