d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Temporary Pinned Thread > Sars-cov-2
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Mar 18 2020 05:00pm
i would like to propose a temporary pinned thread that covers common need-to-know things during this pandemic.
this will only be for English speaking channels unless someone wishes to translate.
i am requesting a 15-day span to match the current 15-day plan to isolate USA.
there is possibility this thread would have to be updated and/or extended.

all the videos mentioned are from:
https://www.youtube.com/user/whitehouse/videos

the White House has released 8x short 00:30-01:00 run-time videos on their YT page, that covers the following:
What is Social Distancing?
U.S. Surgeon General's Message to Young People
Dr. Deborah Birx: If you feel sick, stay home.
U.S. Surgeon General: Slow the Spread
What should you do if you think you might have Coronavirus?
Dr. Deborah Birx: Protect The People Around You
Dr. Anthony Fauci: What to Do If You Feel Sick
Who Needs to be Tested for Coronavirus?

these 8 videos are headed off by these 3 people:
Dr. Anthony Fauci
Dr. Deborah Birx
U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams

there is also a 1-minute encouraging address to the nation from President Trump that i believe should also be added at the end.
Strong & United, We Will Prevail!

i would also like to link to the CDC at the top. (perhaps more links to add, but this request is under time-restraint and i'm not sure if this can be done so soon)
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 50%
Mar 18 2020 06:02pm
No, their isn't a need for continuous discussion over something that needs no focus, just know the facts.

The main truth is the world is overreacting giving the government an excuse to execute martial law (which will happen). So congrats America on giving them a reason to do whatever It is they want to do. It also brought Trump to adding a trillion dollars to America's debt thinking everyone needs a check during this stupid Pandemic.

Just wash your hands throughout the day and don't touch your face.

The flu is worse than COVID-19, so wonder why everyoneisn't panic buying during flu season vs corona season.

The only people at any risk are elderly and those with compromised immune systems. And even those 2 categories have a low probability of it being severe.

It's a good thing they gave a name to this government created virus, because God's name is greater than all names. So again, meaningless.

But seriously, the less the world worried about this little virus, the better everything else would be. If the world gets this crazy over a little virus like this, wonder how they will react when the government starts doing some really bad sketchy things against our country.
Mar 18 2020 06:08pm
Quote (D_urRRR @ Mar 18 2020 08:02pm)
No, their isn't a need for continuous discussion over something that needs no focus, just know the facts.

The main truth is the world is overreacting giving the government an excuse to execute martial law (which will happen). So congrats America on giving them a reason to do whatever It is they want to do. It also brought Trump to adding a trillion dollars to America's debt thinking everyone needs a check during this stupid Pandemic.

The flu is worse than COVID-19, so wonder why everyoneisn't panic buying during flu season vs corona season.

The only people at any risk are elderly and those with compromised immune systems. And even those 2 categories have a low probability of it being severe.

It's a good thing they gave a name to this government created virus, because God's name is greater than all names. So again, meaningless.

But seriously, the less the world worried about this little virus, the better everything else would be. If the world gets this crazy over a little virus like this, wonder how they will react when the government starts doing some really bad sketchy things against our country.

and this post right here, is why i think it's a good idea to have exposure to facts and guidance if needed.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 18 2020 06:16pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Mar 19 2020 01:08am)
and this post right here, is why i think it's a good idea to have exposure to facts and guidance if needed.

you handled that nicely, lol
I can’t judge for Americans but as a European we are getting a lot of fact-based coverage in my country, as the virus spreads through yours I imagine people will get more informed throughout official channels and news outlets
personally I don’t see the need for this to be on d2jsp as new information is released very frequently through various and abundant trustworthy channels, but that assumption is based on a European perspective

do not underestimate this virus as it definitely isn’t a common flu
Gold: 440.50
Mar 18 2020 08:34pm
Quote (D_urRRR @ Mar 18 2020 08:02pm)

you are the problem, this is NOT the flu, it is a unclear respiratory virus, no response to medication problem, and super fast spreading, taking the lives of immune compromised people.
As for posting here, i say no, only because i come here to get away from it all, i can get great info on my news and other updated info, but great idea otherwise.

This post was edited by MTpockets on Mar 18 2020 08:42pm
Gold: 0.70
Warn: 50%
Mar 19 2020 08:17am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Mar 18 2020 08:08pm)

Nothing incorrect with my statement.

The CDC already has updates and will continue to update.

No need for a thread about it on this website when one is already accessible.

If you care that much, go make a thread, and post an update on every bump.
Mar 19 2020 08:31am
Quote (D_urRRR @ Mar 19 2020 10:17am)
Nothing incorrect with my statement.

The CDC already has updates and will continue to update.

No need for a thread about it on this website when one is already accessible.

If you care that much, go make a thread, and post an update on every bump.

this is fair criticism. i don't want to make this a political discussion, which is why it was rather difficult to reply to your first post.
this statement though, is fair and suggestive. and i've already given thought to that suggestion, seeing that this thread will not likely bring results.

thanks for input
Gold: 15,001.93
Mar 19 2020 10:27am
No, people around the world speak English so unless you are providing content from each country it doesn’t matter, US is relevant in the US, each country has its own stuff regarding COVID-19
Retired Moderator
Gold: 77.33
Mar 20 2020 12:38am
Excellent coverage elsewhere and you can post relevant updates by bumping your topic (if you have one). Unless it's a well-curated "official" (and closed!) sticky, people will post uneducated crap in it, further spreading ignorance and fake news - see above.
Gold: 9,205.00
Mar 25 2020 01:34am
No thanks.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll