d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Deandre Hopkins Traded To Aarizona
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.60
Mar 20 2020 10:50am
Quote (Terps @ Mar 20 2020 11:17am)
Watt doesn't even have any trade value. He's no longer elite, he's hurt all the time, and his contract is too big

I thought he should've won comeback player of the year (not Luck) in 2018 when he played all 16 games and recorded 16 sacks. Second most in the NFL that year. Last season was a fluke torn pectoral muscle. Not the most serious injury to come back from. He still came back and made a difference in the wild-card game against the Bills. The Texans definitely would've lost that playoff game without him. He single-handily changed the momentum in that game.

I think the fact he didn't play much last season (8 games), or 2017 (5 games) and 2016 (3 games) is a blessing in disguise. He'll turn 31 years old in a couple days. His body had a chance to heal. He was dominant two years ago. He's worth something, IMO. I think mentally J.J. Watt is in a good place right now.

I could see him playing at a high level for three or four more years. I just want to see J.J. Watt play in a Super Bowl. Give us a third-round pick then. We'll ship him to Baltimore, Green Bay or Tampa Bay!

Also Watt only has two years left on his massive 6-year, $100M deal: $15.5M in 2020 and $17.5M in 2021. Not the worst contract. A Super Bowl contending team can easily find a way to make room for that type of difference maker on defense. If you get the 2018 version of J.J. Watt you're still getting an elite player.

One more thing to add: Bill O'Brien is such a horrible GM he'd probably take on another team's "bad contract" which would essentially make J.J. Watt's two years remaining look a lot more appealing. Heck, we took on David Johnson's contract in the DeAndre Hopkins trade and still had to toss in a free fourth-round pick. Just to get the Cardinals' second and fourth-round picks. Terrible deal! We should've gotten a first-round pick for all that.

This post was edited by Madmartigan on Mar 20 2020 11:09am
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll