d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Deandre Hopkins Traded To Aarizona
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.60
Mar 19 2020 10:33am
It's just strange when the only thing we should be focused on is keeping everybody healthy and defeating this global virus. But the few times I've left my house the only conversations I've had with people in my area are them being frustrated with Bill O'Brien. They like to talk to me about everything that's negative about this team as if I don't hear it enough on sports-talk radio every single day. Fine, I'll be your therapist. Lay it all on me!

If I were to compile a list of problems for the Houston Texans starting from their expansion season in 2002 I wouldn't even have enough room to list it all. I'd probably feel so frustrated reminiscing about our sad history that I'll just give up my 18-year fandom and go bandwagon Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If they land Antonio Brown on top of all the other offensive weapons they have it's over. Just hand them the Lombardi Trophy right now.
Gold: 12,840.00
Mar 19 2020 10:54am
Quote (Madmartigan @ Mar 19 2020 12:33pm)
It's just strange when the only thing we should be focused on is keeping everybody healthy and defeating this global virus. But the few times I've left my house the only conversations I've had with people in my area are them being frustrated with Bill O'Brien. They like to talk to me about everything that's negative about this team as if I don't hear it enough on sports-talk radio every single day. Fine, I'll be your therapist. Lay it all on me!

If I were to compile a list of problems for the Houston Texans starting from their expansion season in 2002 I wouldn't even have enough room to list it all. I'd probably feel so frustrated reminiscing about our sad history that I'll just give up my 18-year fandom and go bandwagon Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. If they land Antonio Brown on top of all the other offensive weapons they have it's over. Just hand them the Lombardi Trophy right now.

Do you think Watson will seek a trade? You took away a young qbs weapon... he must be livid
Gold: 79,366.46
Mar 19 2020 10:57am
Quote (Beast1 @ Mar 19 2020 12:54pm)
Do you think Watson will seek a trade? You took away a young qbs weapon... he must be livid

He could just force BOB's hand by bringing wanton trulls to work.
Mar 19 2020 11:05am
Quote (Beast1 @ Mar 19 2020 11:54am)

Not this soon but if things don't play out well over the next season or two that's when he'll have more leverage to seek a trade or demand a franchise-record contract. He's still on his rookie contract making a base salary of just over $1 million dollars. He was making under $1 million during two of the past three seasons as well. He's going to be due a record-breaking deal sometime soon. Probably the highest contract the Houston Texans have ever paid a player. Only Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson should be making more money at the quarterback position than Deshaun Watson.

The Texans also have to make Laremy Tunsil the highest paid left tackle in the league. That's another thing to consider. Honestly, if they had kept DeAndre Hopkins and paid him superstar money (top 3 paid wide receiver), I'm not sure if it's wise to be paying three offensive players a large percentage of your salary cap. Especially when our defense is about to be pretty bad. We just gave up seven straight Touchdown drives during our last playoff game. It was so embarrassing! The real question should be will J.J. Watt demand a trade? He's no longer young by NFL standards and I'm sure he wants to win a Super Bowl while he still has maybe two or three dominating years left.

What do you guys think the Houston Texans can receive in a trade for J.J. Watt? A first? A second? With O'Brien maybe a third or fourth rounder.
Mar 19 2020 11:32am
Ah, this is such strange timing. My new Houston Roughnecks cap and T-Shirt that I ordered from Amazon just came in. I'm surprised it was even delivered. I thought they shut down everything. The city of Houston finally had an exciting football team capable of winning multiple championships and the 2020 XFL season was obviously cancelled. The Roughnecks were the only undefeated team in the league. They would've gone 6-0 after beating St. Louis last Sunday Night. I was starting to have some fun watching them play. Every time I seem to find something that gives me joy it's taken away.

All I have football wise right now is the lingering stench and memory of blowing a 24-0 lead at Kansas City in the divisional round, and a potential championship caliber XFL team that was undefeated being halted and derailed by the coronavirus. So either way I can't seem to win. Even my local high school football team, which had a chance to be nationally ranked in 2020, can't even participate in any spring practices. That hurts a lot because those kids need the reps and practice if they're going to live up to some high expectations.

Where can I go to get my football fix right now? Mixer or Twitch? Some people are streaming Madden I guess. Virtual reality football is still football!
Gold: 1,681.11
Mar 19 2020 11:54am
if they shut down the mail you wouldnt be able to get your meds
Mar 19 2020 01:52pm
Quote (Jewlio @ Mar 19 2020 12:54pm)
if they shut down the mail you wouldnt be able to get your meds

That's true. Thankfully I have enough to last three months. At least until mid June. I think the Houston Texans should sign Todd Gurley. Between him and David Johnson we may get enough healthy snaps to last half a season. And then Duke Johnson can take over at some point. I'm actually surprised that we didn't re-sign Carlos Hyde and he's still a free agent. All he did last year was rush for 1,070 yards with 6 TDs. He was highly productive given what he was asked to do.
Gold: 24,270.00
Mar 19 2020 05:45pm
rigged is nfl
Mar 20 2020 08:06am
I think it's time for the Houston Texans to trade J.J. Watt. He's been my favorite player and a franchise icon, but I kind of want to see Watt play in a Super Bowl. He won't do that here unfortunately. The problem is Watt, turns 31 in a couple days, is worth a 1st+2nd+3rd. At least two early-round picks. O'Brien would net a disappointing 4th+5th for him! I don't trust our current head coach and general manager, two of the same aka Bozo the clown, to make any trades! Why can't we haul in market value for our best players? You can't tell me that a superstar wide receiver like D-Hop wasn't worth a couple ones if not a first-round pick when Stefon Diggs was traded for a King's Ransom!
Gold: 79,366.46
Mar 20 2020 10:17am
Quote (Madmartigan @ Mar 20 2020 10:06am)
I think it's time for the Houston Texans to trade J.J. Watt. He's been my favorite player and a franchise icon, but I kind of want to see Watt play in a Super Bowl. He won't do that here unfortunately. The problem is Watt, turns 31 in a couple days, is worth a 1st+2nd+3rd. At least two early-round picks. O'Brien would net a disappointing 4th+5th for him! I don't trust our current head coach and general manager, two of the same aka Bozo the clown, to make any trades! Why can't we haul in market value for our best players? You can't tell me that a superstar wide receiver like D-Hop wasn't worth a couple ones if not a first-round pick when Stefon Diggs was traded for a King's Ransom!

Watt doesn't even have any trade value. He's no longer elite, he's hurt all the time, and his contract is too big
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll