d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Pvm Javazon Ideas
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20.00
Mar 15 2020 03:04pm
tldr; roast me plz (reptloid and friends)

For anyone out there with a PVM Java, or anyone that likes playing Java
Here's some thoughts: (Skip to bottom for the build)

PVM'ers already know the benefit of pierce with lightning fury but here's some other things you can try

Charged strike and lightning fury both have a physical component that always hit (perfect because we won't have good attack rating)
Here are some benefits of the physical component:
Knockback
Bleed
Crushing blow
Leech
Monster Flee

Ideas to try:
Howltusk on a javazon - this is underrated because the knockback, even though it only hits with the physical, keeps mobs at bay
The downside is hit causes monster to flee when using charged strike, but I think the benefit outweighs the downside, but a cool thing is the damage taken goes to mana, really helps in melee combat
You can also use cleg's gloves, but you loose a lot of attack speed

Breaking lightning immunes:
Swordback hold/goblin toes - I've been using this combo to solo CS, just use with lightning fury on the Grand visier and storm casters.
This obviously isn't as good as plague javalin, but I really don't like the poison skills on javazon, so this is my preferred method

Leech and fury possible in classic? The holy grail
This one is a little bit harder because there is a lot working against you, but I have had some success with it.
Yes yes, wall of the eyeless does regenerate your mana effectively, but leeching is the holy grail in my opinion especially in hell when you aren't killing monsters as fast

Max mana leech you can get on javazon is 30% from 7manald, 7 manald, 6 rare amulet, 5 silks, 2 gore foot, 3 rare gloves

For this to work you need to have a superior harpoon - with a little effort 15% enhanced damage
About javalins, they gain .75% damage from each point of strength and dex - kind of cool actually
If you have good enough gear you can consider making a "glass cannon" javazon where you go all in on strength and dex
To increase your physical damage this build will require max or close to max critical strike - I recommend 60%+

Physical damage resistance and reduced drain effectiveness will really hurt in hell mode on certain monsters, and I've found that you can never have perfect
mana leech like a barb, but you can definitely reduce the mana potions needed, which, if you are like me, and hate constantly chugging mana, then this is for you

Pro Tip on using Harpoons
Keep your cube in your inventory with 3 extra sets of harpoons in it, when you get low iit gives you the warning and its easy to switch without using the last one in the stack
this is a life saver because shopping harpoons is a pain in the ass

Attack speed: 30% ias is the fastest throw breakpoint you can hit (unless you do some stupid shit twitch, sig, goldwrap for 60)
and 30% is plenty fast for melee also - don't really need 50 for pvm purposes

Faster hit recovery: I haven't found that you really need any for PVM

The Build:

Stats
Str: Enough for gear
Dex: 118 for harpoon (if you are playing through) or 300+ if you like the glass cannon build (I prefer 300 dex)
Vita: Everything else or (150 for glass cannon build)
Ene: Base

Skills
Javalin Skills:
20 Lightning fury
20 charged strike
+ pre-reqs for those skills

Passive:
16-20 crit strike (can cut for valk if you like)
20 pierce (can cut if you want valk)
1 into all pre-reqs
1 into valk **optional** (can go up to 8 if you want lance upgrade, or 20 for gg valk - highly questionable lol)

Gear
Helmet: Howltusk - as discussed above has many benefits for pvm and crowd control (can also use duskdeep for extra physical damage if you hate howltusk for some reason)
Armor: Twitch - do you even have to ask?
Weapon: Superior 15% ed Harpoon (yes shop this please, or at least 10%+, don't be lazy)
Amulet: 6% mana leech rare - other can include mods +min damage,+skills, stats, resists
Shield: 3 p diamond or ward (or GG rare if you have it), with wall of eyeless on switch and also swordback for breaking immunes
Boots: GG rares with Gtoes on switch for breaking immunes or bosses
Gloves: 10% attack speed 3% mana steel (other mods - life leech, resistances, str, dex)
Belt: Life+Resist (other mods FHR, Str)
Rings: +9 min 5% mana leech (other mods resist, life leech, stats) - Manalds for starting
Sojs are traditional on javazons, but for this build we want to get the min damage up on the throw and have the mana leech
skills are not terribly important in pvm especially on this build

Breaking a lightning immune:
Put on swordback hold and chuck lightning fury bolts at it - it will die from the physical and the bleed

This build can solo hell cs most of the time, although like i said, plague javelin is better, I prefer the lightning skills.
I've been working on this build for a while, hope someone else can enjoy it as much as I have.
Obviously this build sucks in multi player games and is best enjoyed as solo or co-op
Also has potential to be modified for MF with the right gear

This post was edited by SagittariusA on Mar 15 2020 03:11pm
Gold: 67,235.00
Mar 15 2020 03:15pm
does she even have any physical damage with harpoon with 300 dex? does it make sense to max critic?

This post was edited by SpeedOfLight on Mar 15 2020 03:16pm
Mar 15 2020 04:50pm
Quote (SpeedOfLight @ Mar 15 2020 03:15pm)
does she even have any physical damage with harpoon with 300 dex? does it make sense to max critic?

it's low ya, but it is noticeable when fighting lightning immunes and is needed if you wanna use mana leech
I guess I shoulda made it more clear, but that's what its for

This post was edited by SagittariusA on Mar 15 2020 04:51pm
Gold: 73.33
Mar 15 2020 06:22pm

What is wrong with poison? :thumbsup:
Mar 15 2020 06:35pm
Quote (vonhizzle @ Mar 15 2020 06:22pm)
https://i.imgur.com/GWzrJIN.png

like i said, poison is better, but I just don't like it, it doesn't look cool or feel like a zon to me, it feels like a necro skill
I'm just offering a sub-par 2ndary option for anyone that wants a new build since the fury/plague is the standard

I never claimed it was optimal, just a build to try for decadent homo's that are bored but can't quit playing
Mar 15 2020 08:53pm
Quote (vonhizzle @ Mar 15 2020 06:22pm)
https://i.imgur.com/GWzrJIN.png

Also after thinking about it, I also have a hard on for melee because it's so underpowered compared to elemental and it bridges the gap back to pre lod and d1
It's just nostalgic
Gold: 0.38
Mar 16 2020 08:26am
Cool topic. I think you make some great points man.

Physical damage combined with throwing weapons is interesting but I the damage is low. I'd be curious to see how you make this work. Open wounds from boneflesh would definitely help especially at higher lvls.

Instead of knockback to keep them away, I go with 20 into valk. 20 valk with a little poison will kill light immunes much more easily than physical damage from the zon. Plus they tank diablo pretty easily.

Also, discussion of breakpoints is important as not all throwing weapons carry the same breakpoints. Javelins and throwing spears have a -10 attack speed and as such only require 30 ias from gear for lightning fury bp. 50ias will hit the next bp for charged strike.

Sigon gloves and a p dia sig shield are what I used on my PvM javazon. Adding twitch hits the 50ias for charge strike. Also tarn, +2 ammy with stacked resists, 4 slot stat/resist belt, 30frw resist boots, and 2 SOJs are what have worked best for me.
Mar 16 2020 11:50am
Quote (indy123 @ Mar 16 2020 08:26am)
Cool topic. I think you make some great points man.

Physical damage combined with throwing weapons is interesting but I the damage is low. I'd be curious to see how you make this work. Open wounds from boneflesh would definitely help especially at higher lvls.

Instead of knockback to keep them away, I go with 20 into valk. 20 valk with a little poison will kill light immunes much more easily than physical damage from the zon. Plus they tank diablo pretty easily.

Also, discussion of breakpoints is important as not all throwing weapons carry the same breakpoints. Javelins and throwing spears have a -10 attack speed and as such only require 30 ias from gear for lightning fury bp. 50ias will hit the next bp for charged strike.

Sigon gloves and a p dia sig shield are what I used on my PvM javazon. Adding twitch hits the 50ias for charge strike. Also tarn, +2 ammy with stacked resists, 4 slot stat/resist belt, 30frw resist boots, and 2 SOJs are what have worked best for me.

For breaking immunes qnd dealing with regen
I'm using sword back hold over boneflesh because I feel twitch is too important. I also prefer bleed over poison because of higher dps. But i think wormskull would work if you didn't want to use howltusk or sword back

Personally I dont feel 50 ias is needed in pvm, just like how on sorc I never go 70 fcr, I always stick at 40. But it doesnt hurt of course, I just prefer other itemizations

Valk is alright, more playstyle preference, I like mine at lvl 8+ but not maxed

Your build is pretty solid I'd say and pretty close to the standard

This post was edited by SagittariusA on Mar 16 2020 11:51am
Gold: 445.00
Mar 17 2020 12:09pm
Never made a zon before this seems really interesting ^^
Mar 17 2020 07:00pm
Quote (Conceptual @ Mar 17 2020 12:09pm)
Never made a zon before this seems really interesting ^^

I'd recommend playing the standard builds a couple times until you are decadent enough to appreciate a niche build like this
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll