d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball >
Poll > Nba Season Officially Suspended Thread
Prev1181920212223Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 79,366.46
Mar 23 2020 02:34pm
I like how they call themselves "the olive press"

Honestly the practice of burying dead people should be discontinued. It's needlessly expensive and a waste of space.
Gold: 3.60
Mar 23 2020 04:28pm
I don't know why but I'm itching to get back into Diablo 2 full time. Not just for nostalgic reasons but I still see a few of you enjoying the game. We're only three months away from the 20-year anniversary of Diablo 2 classic as well. I should jump back in the game and have some fun with an all-time masterpiece. Let's face it, Diablo 2 is inside your DNA whether you admit to it or not.

I'd have to sacrifice another game (likely Diablo 3) to make some time for it. I can't leave Heroes of the Storm or Ladder Slasher. I'm playing both games daily. Back in 2010-2015, in particular, I must have made 5,000 forum gold selling perfect gems. I found them in bulk amounts. But now the going rate is like 10 FG for 40 P-Gems. Hmm. I think I'm too old to play that much but it's tempting just to enjoy the game again.

I have to let the 2019-2020 NBA Season go. It's not coming back this year and I'll have to accept that and move on.

I'm at peace already. I no longer have any high hopes that the Houston Rockets were destined to be 2020 NBA Finals champions!
Gold: 144.33
Apr 3 2020 08:38am
A little gem to brighten everyone's day up.

This post was edited by piatek on Apr 3 2020 08:38am
Apr 3 2020 11:48am
I'm hopeful the NBA is going to resume the season in July and start the playoffs around my birthday on August 15.

I saw the legend kimtown streaming League of Legends on Twitch this morning.
But it was like 3 a.m. my time. I was watching but too tired to do much typing.

I want to see some NBA 2K20 action on Twitch. A few streamers will stream it but I need some basketball fix soon.
I've got it on the Nintendo Switch. I'm playing the hardest difficulty slider. 32-13 with the Rockets. 3rd seed in the West.

For some reason my NBA 2K20 is like real life. The Los Angeles Lakers are the 1st seed at 41-5. Clippers are 38-9 (2nd).

It's hard to make trades in the game. I was open to trading P.J. Tucker and Eric Gordon. No teams will take 'em!
I was able to swing a minor deal for Kyle Korver though. I need that 3-point assassin even though he's older than me.
Gold: 2,094.99
Apr 3 2020 12:31pm
Quote (Madmartigan @ Mar 23 2020 05:28pm)
I don't know why but I'm itching to get back into Diablo 2 full time. Not just for nostalgic reasons but I still see a few of you enjoying the game. We're only three months away from the 20-year anniversary of Diablo 2 classic as well. I should jump back in the game and have some fun with an all-time masterpiece. Let's face it, Diablo 2 is inside your DNA whether you admit to it or not.

I'd have to sacrifice another game (likely Diablo 3) to make some time for it. I can't leave Heroes of the Storm or Ladder Slasher. I'm playing both games daily. Back in 2010-2015, in particular, I must have made 5,000 forum gold selling perfect gems. I found them in bulk amounts. But now the going rate is like 10 FG for 40 P-Gems. Hmm. I think I'm too old to play that much but it's tempting just to enjoy the game again.

I have to let the 2019-2020 NBA Season go. It's not coming back this year and I'll have to accept that and move on.

I'm at peace already. I no longer have any high hopes that the Houston Rockets were destined to be 2020 NBA Finals champions!

I started a char on classic out of boredom if you wanna link up
Apr 3 2020 01:46pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Apr 3 2020 01:31pm)
I started a char on classic out of boredom if you wanna link up

Diablo 2 classic? I'd make a Bowazon if I played. She was my favorite from day one. I play a lot of Cassia on HotS!

Hardcore Ladder on US East. I leveled up a new Summon Druid from scratch but it will be more fun in June.
The new ladder season will coincide with the 20-year anniversary of Diablo 2 classic. I'm ready for this summer!

I just logged into Heroes of the Storm right now. I'm going to win some matches with The Lost Vikings!

It's hard to believe today is Friday and another weekend is here. Without sports the days don't feel the same. LOL
Gold: 8,000.00
Apr 3 2020 10:30pm
what is the timeline on Klay's injuiy?

would warriors have Wiggins,Thompson,Green,Curry starting?
Gold: 2,250.00
Apr 4 2020 04:31pm
Down to 30% boys
Gold: 127,773.00
Apr 4 2020 05:57pm
Quote (Madmartigan @ 3 Apr 2020 19:48)
I'm hopeful the NBA is going to resume the season in July and start the playoffs around my birthday on August 15.

Probably not, unless a miracle happens.

CBA just canceled the league, and China has that thing controlled better than the USA. Its going to be hard for any team sport to take place i would think. Would bet there will be no sports game for a long time with actual fans. Tho how do you prevent players/staff from getting corona? the idea to put every team and working staff into a bubble for months isn't really feasible i would think. Tho you tell everyone we continue, and you are living apart from your family/friends & public for the rest of the year ^^

Barring the 100th dumb corona move from trump & co (lul american lives, economy/money is where it is), a quick vaccine or some existing meds that help (the malaria one maybe) or heard immunity (60-70 % of the entire country got corona) i dont see much sports going on for the near future tbh.

This post was edited by darki99 on Apr 4 2020 05:58pm
Apr 4 2020 07:53pm
I'm afraid like everybody else. Too many people are dying. When is it okay to move on without fear? Can we win this deadly and invisible war? I don't want to become too political but why was Donald Trump so passive in the early stages? Just a month ago he was tweeting about the coronavirus being less deadly to all Americans than the seasonal flu. At that time I tried to place some false hope into what our President was saying and tweeting.

I believe live sports even without crowds can occur safely if it's done right. Wrestlemania was on earlier for a two-night event. We may have some Big Brother (CBS reality show) turned Big3 Basketball in early May. I'm not sure how that will go, but it's basically going to be all the players isolated in one huge house and they'll compete during their stay there. Ice Cube is going to bring us some entertaining basketball featuring a lot of ex NBA superstars in another month. Paul Pierce may join.

You would think tennis and golf could be played sooner rather than later without crowds. Doesn't require a lot of participants. You can actually practice some form of social distancing while playing those sports as well. Possibly even baseball now that I think about it. A few South American countries have played it without crowds in recent days. But of course Major League Baseball already cancelled the London series and act like they don't plan to start anytime soon.

I guess we'll see. If that Big3 Basketball aka Big Brother reality TV series event go down in early May we'll be going in the right direction.

TL:DR - It will be interesting to see which American pro sport decides to start first. Or will they all start at the same time and without crowds?
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1181920212223Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll