d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev137383940411009Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Mar 27 2020 07:57am
Quote (Goomshill @ 27 Mar 2020 05:09)
It should be notable how the MSM is basically ignoring this story right now, despite the bombshell accusation and thus far not a single bit of evidence against it.
This is the same playbook we saw with the Ilhan Omar marriage scandal and the Katie Hill sex scandals- even after the information was out in public and reported on by 2nd tier organizations and trickled into some noteworthy online-but-not-MSM publications, the media still made a concerted effort to ignore it for several days. Whereas if it was an accusation against Trump or especially an F5'o'clock completely unsubstantiated accusation about Trump and Russia, they'd trip over each other to pile on the reports. We're seeing the same trend where even though the story is out there and unlike Omar's case there's simply no avoiding it- Joe is going to be the nominee and its impossible for this not to come up- they're still suppressing the story.

No 80 year old grandparents are going to be hearing about joe biden's sex scandal on the 5 o clock news for at least a few days minimum. We'll see how long this can keep up. There's always the chance it implodes and her story cracks before it blows up, but she's got no indicators of a blatant hoaxer like Swetnick/Kavanaugh.

What's going to happen when Joe Biden is asked to his face by a citizen about Tara Reade when he's taking questions? Or will he just avoid all unscripted town halls and public events between now and the election and count on journalists to spike this story indefinitely?

Biden is a privileged lefty so he gets the innocent until outright proven guilty multiple times (and even then it was still a conspiracy to take that person down) treatment from the media, the (D)s and the RINOs when it comes to accusations of abusive behavior. And of course the media can just ignore stories when convenient to amplify this privilege.

Weinstein, both Clintons, Ilhan Omar, Katie Hill, Anthony Weiner etc all examples of this privileged treatment too

For anyone else you are guilty until forever and the media will amplify the allegations no matter what. See Aziz Ansari, Kavanaugh, etc.

This post was edited by excellence on Mar 27 2020 07:58am
Gold: 5,016.77
Mar 27 2020 09:59am
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 25 2020 10:00pm)
https://theintercept.com/2020/03/24/joe-biden-metoo-times-up/
https://www.dailywire.com/news/woman-accuses-joe-biden-of-sexual-assault

On Wednesday morning, journalist and podcaster Katie Harper released an audio clip of an interview with Tara Reade, a former staff assistant to Joe Biden, in which Reade claims that Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993.

The story begins with Reade being instructed to rush a gym bag to Biden. Upon reaching then-Senator Biden with the bag, Reade claims that he greeted her by name, and proceeded to sexually assault her in a “side area.”

“We were alone, and it was the strangest thing. There was no, like, exchange really, he just had me up against the wall,” Reade claims.

“His hands were on me, and underneath my clothes,” Reade later says. “He went down my skirt, but then up inside. He penetrated me with his fingers.”

Reade alleges that Biden was kissing her and asking her if she “wanted to go somewhere else,” and that after the alleged assault was complete, he said, “C’mon man, I heard you liked me.”

Reade told Harper that Biden’s alleged phrase stuck with her because it made her think about what she “might have said.”

For me, it was like everything shattered in that moment because I knew that we were alone. It was over, right? He wasn’t trying to do anything more – but I looked up to him, he was like my father’s age, he was like this champion of women’s rights in my eyes and I couldn’t believe it was happening. It seemed surreal. I just felt sick because when he pulled back, he looked annoyed, and he said something else to me that I don’t want to say, and then he said – I must have looked shocked … I don’t know how I looked, but I must have looked something because he grabbed me by the shoulders, and said, “You’re okay. You’re fine. You’re okay. You’re fine,” and then he walked away, and went on with his day.

Reade says she was later in a stairwell, “shaking” and “trying to grasp what had just happened and what I should do or what I should say.”

When Harper asked Reade if she wanted to speak about what she alleges Biden said, she replied that she was reluctant because it is “the thing that stays in my head.”

Regardless, she then told Harper what Biden allegedly said:

He just like pointed at me and he said, “You’re nothing to me!” And then he just looked at me and said, “You’re nothing. Nothing.” … I must’ve reacted because that’s when he took me by the shoulders and he said, “You’re okay. You’re fine. You’re okay.”

Harper notes at the beginning of the clip that there are no witnesses to the alleged assault, but that “Tara’s brother and Tara’s close friend” both “recalled her telling them about the incident at the time.”

https://soundcloud.com/katie-halper/joe-bidens-accuser-finally-tells-her-full-story

Fake news.

We're gonna replay 2016 in a sense, where people keep coming up with stuff about Biden and everyone is wondering why he doesn't drop in the polls.

This post was edited by IceMage on Mar 27 2020 10:00am
Gold: 14,569.69
Mar 27 2020 10:00am
Quote (IceMage @ Mar 27 2020 08:59am)
Fake news.

yup
Fake news cry babies publish more fake news than anyone..
IE Alex Jones/Rush L. etc Steve Bannon. All purveyors of idiocy are the R's social compass.
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 27 2020 02:56pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 27 Mar 2020 10:09)
It should be notable how the MSM is basically ignoring this story right now, despite the bombshell accusation and thus far not a single bit of evidence against it.
This is the same playbook we saw with the Ilhan Omar marriage scandal and the Katie Hill sex scandals- even after the information was out in public and reported on by 2nd tier organizations and trickled into some noteworthy online-but-not-MSM publications, the media still made a concerted effort to ignore it for several days. Whereas if it was an accusation against Trump or especially an F5'o'clock completely unsubstantiated accusation about Trump and Russia, they'd trip over each other to pile on the reports. We're seeing the same trend where even though the story is out there and unlike Omar's case there's simply no avoiding it- Joe is going to be the nominee and its impossible for this not to come up- they're still suppressing the story.

No 80 year old grandparents are going to be hearing about joe biden's sex scandal on the 5 o clock news for at least a few days minimum. We'll see how long this can keep up. There's always the chance it implodes and her story cracks before it blows up, but she's got no indicators of a blatant hoaxer like Swetnick/Kavanaugh.

What's going to happen when Joe Biden is asked to his face by a citizen about Tara Reade when he's taking questions? Or will he just avoid all unscripted town halls and public events between now and the election and count on journalists to spike this story indefinitely?

Yes, Biden will avoid public events as much as possible, irrespective from this scandal btw. But he cant escape forever, Trump will nail him down on it during the debates.

Anyway, this whole thing still screams "smear campaign". Not pushing this story just yet is the right thing to do - the real problem with the MSM lies with their willingness to jump onto unsubstantiated allegations against Trump or conservatives.

It might be better for the Trump campaign if this story doesnt blow up yet. The news cycles, and also most people, are fully focused around the coronavirus crisis right now, a sex scandal wouldnt get through atm anway. It blowing up during a calmer news cycle which is closer to election day is better from a strategic perspective.
Gold: 13.95
Mar 27 2020 03:05pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 27 2020 04:56pm)
Yes, Biden will avoid public events as much as possible, irrespective from this scandal btw. But he cant escape forever, Trump will nail him down on it during the debates.

Anyway, this whole thing still screams "smear campaign". Not pushing this story just yet is the right thing to do - the real problem with the MSM lies with their willingness to jump onto unsubstantiated allegations against Trump or conservatives.

It might be better for the Trump campaign if this story doesnt blow up yet. The news cycles, and also most people, are fully focused around the coronavirus crisis right now, a sex scandal wouldnt get through atm anway. It blowing up during a calmer news cycle which is closer to election day is better from a strategic perspective.

Vox and Fox have articles about this now, I expect more to come in part because the Biden campaign has denied the allegations. To be fair, that's the only way to play regardless of what the truth is. I've got to say though, U.S. media's ability to just not talk about something when it's inconvenient is amazing. I really want to be a fly in the wall of their groupchats where they all hang out and decide what stories to run and what stories not to run.

Gold: 12,730.67
Mar 27 2020 04:59pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Mar 27 2020 02:09am)

I mean, they probably shouldn't even if there's video evidence of him penetrating her. We gotta wait for the American Virus to die down a bit.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 27 2020 06:19pm
are we back to caring if political figures are accused of sexual assault?
i find it difficult to keep up
fk
if i have to see our predator in-chief on a stage railing biden for sexual assault accusations...
gonna need sedatives
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 27 2020 06:20pm
Quote (chemoshots @ 28 Mar 2020 01:19)
fk
if i have to see our predator in-chief on a stage railing biden for sexual assault accusations...
gonna need sedatives

It's just the cherry on top of the shitshow that Biden vs Trump is guaranteed to be.
Gold: 57.00
Mar 27 2020 10:58pm
Quote (chemoshots @ 27 Mar 2020 20:19)
fk
gonna need sedatives

stfu weinstein-worshipping privileged lefty
Quote (Helloween7 @ 27 Mar 2020 17:05)
Vox and Fox have articles about this now, I expect more to come in part because the Biden campaign has denied the allegations. To be fair, that's the only way to play regardless of what the truth is. I've got to say though, U.S. media's ability to just not talk about something when it's inconvenient is amazing. I really want to be a fly in the wall of their groupchats where they all hang out and decide what stories to run and what stories not to run.

no you dont. there isnt a worse den of vipers and that includes our government and banking systems

at least those two groups are in it just for money. the us media is in it to make money by any means possible especially if it includes destroying people and amplifying chaos, all while hiding behind their bastardized interpretation of the first amendment.

dont forgot this the same group (the media) that gave themselves the “person of the year” award in 2018. that there is more arrogance than Trump/Wild Bill Clinton/Obama/Bush I and II/Reagan ever exhibited combined

This post was edited by excellence on Mar 27 2020 11:02pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 28 2020 02:41am
Quote (Helloween7 @ 27 Mar 2020 22:05)

my guess is that much of their bias is not as much nefarious and conspiratorial, but rather groomed and baked into the system, as well as a common realisation of their economic dependence. i mean, i'm sure there is partisan vetting of news going on actively, but it's also their recruitment choices, and who rises to the top. you won't do that if you're truly principled. i would not at all be surprised if most of them genuinely thought of themselves as unbiased journalists devoted to the truth.

imo that applies to most MSM outlets that are fact based. probably to a much lesser degree to opinion based organisations like FOX though.

This post was edited by fender on Mar 28 2020 02:42am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev137383940411009Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll