d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > My Seasonal Dual Baba Project > Pve And A Pvp Barb
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 10.51
Mar 2 2020 08:21am
Hello!

This is my blog about gearing up and & spec decisions of my two seasonal barb characters. I wanted to to do some new things, at least for myself.

We start with the PvE barb, "number one". He's a Frenzy barb wielding Grief and Azurewrath Why Azurewrath? Sanctuary aura! This season I've been putting more focus on offhand dmg mods such as damage versus demons and damage versus undead. The Sactuary weapon itself, the dmage range is not the best on the weapon, but oh boy is that sanctuary aura good.

So let's put it all together:
Helm: Guillams face:
+120% Enhanced Defense
+30% Faster Hit Recovery *
15% Chance of Deadly Strike **
35% Chance of Crushing Blow ***
+15 to Strength

Amulte: Highlords wrath
+1 To All Skills
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+ (0.375 Per Character Level) 0-37 % Deadly Strike (Based On Character Level) **
Lightning Resist +35%
Adds 1-30 Lightning Damage
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage Of 15

Chest: Fortitude
20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when Struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
+300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+X To Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% To Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +25-30 (varies)
Damage Reduced By 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 To Light Radius

Belt: String of Ears
+150-180% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+15 Defense
6-8% Life Stolen Per Hit (varies)
Damage Reduced By 10-15% (varies)
Magic Damage Reduced 10-15 (varies)

Boots: Gore Rider
60-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)
30% Faster Run/Walk
10% Chance Of Open Wounds ****
15% Chance Of Crushing Blow ***
15% Deadly Strike **
Requirements -25%
+20 Maximum Stamina

Gloves: Laying of Hands
+25 Defense
+20% Increased Attack Speed
+350% Damage To Demons
Fire Resist +50%
10% Chance To Cast Level 3 Holy Bolt On Striking

Ring1: Raven Frost
+150-250 To Attack Rating (varies)
Adds 15-45 Cold Damage, 4 sec. Duration (Normal)
Cannot Be Frozen
+15-20 To Dexterity (varies)
+40 To Mana
Cold Absorb 20%

Ring1: dual leech ring?

weapon1:
35% Chance To Cast Level 15 Venom On Striking
+30-40% Increased Attack Speed (varies)
Damage +340-400 (varies)
Ignore Target's Defense
-25% Target Defense
+(1.875 per character level) 1.875-185.625% Damage To Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
-20-25% To Enemy Poison Resistance (varies)
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
+2 To Mana After Each Kill
+10-15 Life After Each Kill (varies)

weapon1: Azurewrath
+230-270% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+30% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 250-500 Magic Damage
Adds 250-500 Cold Damage, 10 sec. Duration (Normal)
+1 To All Skills
+5-10 To All Attributes (varies)
Level 10-13 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped (varies)
+3 To Light Radius

Totals:
~70% deadly strike
~50% crushing blow
~15% open wounds

+300% offweapon ed (chest)
+300% offweapon ed against demons
+~200% offweapon ed agains undead
+~150% dmg from might
+~200 % dmg from pride

Charms will be mostly Attack rating Gc's or just plain 3/xx/xx with maybe 1-2 BO's, but let's see.

These are on top of my dome, got anything to add? Did I miss something or should I make the cookie cutter once again? Remember the pvp build is still to come. Thank you all for your time and maybe if you encourage me on this I will continue andeven post on other lesser forums :>
Mar 2 2020 10:10am
Number two headband, murder, mayhem and men murked in less than noble circumstances. This headband means all valor is left behind, you go down the left hand path and only blood on your blade is your fellow kind"

This is the the outline of my 2nd barb, the pvp:er. I will use the same formatting as in the first post but first ill just explain my choices, since pvp barb's tend to be so similiar.
1. Arreat, instead of going the eth/zod route I was thinking of going upped with cham just so I have more options on jewelry slots. Just not sure about his one yet, maybe I should still aim for upped eth one and put that cham-rune to Stormshield. I must think about his one and would like your opinions on this one.
I am a sucker for BVB/ vs melee builds, but with so few pvp games around maybe I should just aim more all around barb.
Mar 4 2020 08:10pm
Hello!

Number one is roughly complete. I will post a video maybe tomorrow to showcase the action. So I got last pieces like anni, torch and pride for my act 2 might aura merc. So I'm runnig 3 auras right now and I have a lust for more. It's a shame that I cant get stacked auras (2x dragon 2 x dream) while having act 2 merc. But at the moment I feel like I cant get rid of that concentration aura. I could maybe run might myself with destruction and using act 3 merc with a weapon that provides sanctuary. Speaking of weapons I will soon try the Lawbringer runeword, just need to find a nice sword for it. Dont know if Legend Sword would do it, it's got nice attackspeed and only 3 sockets. I would like to hear your thoughts on the weapon for Lawbringer, which stats I will put down here:

Lawbringer

20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Decrepify On Striking
Level 16-18 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped (varies)
-50% Target Defense
Adds 150-210 Fire Damage
Adds 130-180 Cold Damage
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
+200-250 Defense Vs. Missile (varies)
+10 To Dexterity
75% Extra Gold From Monsters.

Next post will be about current performance and If im lucky I might have a Lawbringer with it's sweet decrepify to test and talk about. But that's all for now. But wait what about number two? I would say he is roughly complete and even got better charms than this pve fellow. I haven't forgot and I will focus on him and his choices like what to do with Arreat's. But bye for now and have a wonderful day.
Mar 10 2020 08:28am
Hello!

Here is my video, which I kinda Screw over. Uploaded slightly wrong video and I have an Arreat's Face on on this, but the main point was still about the weapon which still still showcases well. Will upload some other combinations since this is not the top dps one :_)

Check it out Yo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLDGuvPtS8E

-rah
Mar 13 2020 02:33am
Now with the original gear, et least the hat is right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8kpU27AmJU

-rah
Mar 14 2020 05:01am
Hello world!
Grief & "Lawnbringer" eh,..
Wait a minute, let's see this first, we have the techonogy. This setup is not that bad, undeads ofc take so much dmg cuz sanctuary, but even with demons it's ok sword guy.
Gief & Lawbringer, Sanctuary, Might, Concentration and a 20% chance to deceprify opponent. Other items are pretty much same exept the belt which is tgods for str reason I think.

Grief & Lawbringer Barbarian Diablo2

https://youtu.be/2kCkcwgD8-o

Mar 28 2020 04:01am
Hello!

I'm back with a new baba and this time with dual axes.

Gear:
Grief BA
Beast BA
Treachery on Loricated Mail
Guillam's Face
Laying of Hands gloves
Highlords Wrath amulet
Random life leech ring
Ravenfrost ring
Verdungo's belt
Gorerider boots

So in this setup big changes are Axes and Treachery instead of fortitude. With Treachery I can easily hit 5 frame frenzy and probably go way ower, but the fade is nice. I also use almost this setup on ubers, just switch dracul's gloves.

Build can be optimized a lot. Fortitude back to armor, dual lawbringer or lawbringer and azurewrath on switch to deal with immunes, which are now a problem. Dual leech ring and String of Ear's for belt, since now getting health and mana is also a problem.

Still a fun build, very strong at times and bosses, but clearly at least now not as safe as sword builds with Sanctuary.

Enjoy the new video.
https://youtu.be/VLhZxmUvBvs

-rah
Mar 29 2020 05:46pm
Hello!

For now the last video & update for the pve frenzy barbarian. This time still dual axes, but now with fortitude as armor and String of Ears as belt. Next time ill update what is up with the number two, the challenger. In the end we shall see who wears the number one headband.

Here's the video, gear & merc shown right at start. Hope you like it.

https://youtu.be/odEFAhRRN6U

-rah
Apr 21 2020 07:52pm
Hello!

Found a new rare axe that has pretty high max dmg and also AR by the lvl. This allows me to reach up to 11k dmg with frenzy buff. Unbuffed around 8k, depending on charms, my pvp char who wears the number II headband has all the best ones.

So of course I made a video showing this thing since most of 10k dmg barb videos I see are 2h users.
Im pretty much titan barb with a tiny bit of vita just to stay alive if things get spicy. I have died alot while testing how much health I need and now i decided on using Verdungo's Belt to get some DR and also some more vit.

Unusual items im using are: Ghoul Gloves which give dmg against undead and also AR against undead. And of course No Gief! Can you believe this, it's like NL :? too bad my ax don't have any IAS so it's not optimal for pvp. Also I'm testing at least for now 1 x Holy shock on my merc and I might add another one just for the fun of it, just I lose so much by adding a3 merc. Better think this trough.

Since im a lot weaker now in terms of hp and dr i wish I could get sanctuary aura somewhere, but where..

Weapons:
Running 4 auras on this run, check this out!
Rare Berserker axe over 400 max dmg
Beast Berserker axe (Fana aura lvl9)

Merc:
A2 Offensive: (Might aura)
Weapon Pride (Concentration aura
Helm: Drean (Holy Shock aura)
And for the fun of it he's using Tyrael's Might

Reaching up to 10-11k dmg! While Frenzy is up.

Here is the link for the newest video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On6wAfmjOn4

Have a nice day, and let me know what you want to see next!

-rah

This post was edited by rahrah on Apr 21 2020 07:53pm
May 19 2020 06:37am
Hello!

No new video yet, but here is my axe from my last video with 10k dmg.

https://imgur.com/a/Ay8Avib

edit: sry img only as a link.

-rah

This post was edited by rahrah on May 19 2020 06:40am
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Add Reply New Topic