d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Micro Center List > Thoughts/opinions?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 180.00
Feb 29 2020 08:30am
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx#selector_94

hi guys (hope that link works) I live about an hour south of the cambridge MA Micro center and have the above cart priced out

here's my situation;

I posted here a couple weeks ago looking for advice in the price range of ~$1300.
I can go and pick up that above list today, or wait 2ish more weeks for something nicer.
my biggest question/concern is value/upgradeability.

I have no problem whatsoever getting a slightly cheaper build that what I had originally thought if the value is high in terms of deals and savings. and also I hate to use this term, but it looks "future prrof" aka 2-3 years down the road I can easily upgrade a piece here and there?

I do not plan on overclocking.
mostly just gaming. potentially streaming, but no heavy duty editing.
I have my windows 10 key and monitors/keyboard etc

Gold: 10,655.00
Feb 29 2020 11:43am
Quote (TheWhiteNinja @ Feb 29 2020 09:30am)
https://www.microcenter.com/site/content/custom-pc-builder.aspx#selector_94

hi guys (hope that link works) I live about an hour south of the cambridge MA Micro center and have the above cart priced out

here's my situation;

I posted here a couple weeks ago looking for advice in the price range of ~$1300.
I can go and pick up that above list today, or wait 2ish more weeks for something nicer.
my biggest question/concern is value/upgradeability.

I have no problem whatsoever getting a slightly cheaper build that what I had originally thought if the value is high in terms of deals and savings. and also I hate to use this term, but it looks "future prrof" aka 2-3 years down the road I can easily upgrade a piece here and there?

I do not plan on overclocking.
mostly just gaming. potentially streaming, but no heavy duty editing.
I have my windows 10 key and monitors/keyboard etc

Link doesn't work for me. Shows page before any choices.
Might have to SAVE the list first, and then link to the Save.
Gold: 4,776.70
Mar 2 2020 12:41pm
i bought probably 3k worth of stuff from my local micro center not to long ago if you find the right employee they will do all the price matching for you and they price match just about anyone so keep that in mind when you're shopping.
Gold: 180.00
Mar 2 2020 01:55pm
Quote (justin_618 @ Mar 2 2020 02:41pm)
i bought probably 3k worth of stuff from my local micro center not to long ago if you find the right employee they will do all the price matching for you and they price match just about anyone so keep that in mind when you're shopping.

That's great to know! I didnt know they price-matched. Definetly worth it for me to go there either way then for local pick up. (assuming they have everything, but I would think a store as big as them would - especially the Cambridge MA location - big tech area)
Gold: 84.10
Mar 2 2020 02:23pm
Quote (TheWhiteNinja @ Mar 2 2020 01:55pm)
That's great to know! I didnt know they price-matched. Definetly worth it for me to go there either way then for local pick up. (assuming they have everything, but I would think a store as big as them would - especially the Cambridge MA location - big tech area)

they dont advertise it

its ymmv your mileage may vary
but if you are spending alot of money they usually will go out of their way to price match from my experience
Gold: 4,776.70
Mar 2 2020 02:23pm
Quote (TheWhiteNinja @ Mar 2 2020 01:55pm)

when i went to my local one (chicago) they had everything except the evga 2080ti so i got the asus strix 2080ti. but they have a crazy big selection.
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll