d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > How Does Magic Luck Work? > Question
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,950.81
Feb 26 2020 03:33am
Does Ml work on spawn or kill, i.e.
carry or wear ml gear?
Gold: 16,168.48
Feb 26 2020 12:17pm
wear ML gear. On kill. I believe checked by Cheeya (or at the very least believed that killing with final hit with ML user made a difference)
certainly won't help in inventory.

only way to get overspawn gear.
It's extremely difficult to prove if it improves drops in general, as it's an extremely small %, i'm guessing as low as 0.01% per ML, so if you have 10 magic luck, you have a 1 in 1000 chance of overspawn, I use very small amounts of magic luck and only ever noticed one overspawn.
Gold: 7,758.87
Feb 26 2020 01:03pm
Quote (LouisCyphre @ Feb 25 2020 11:33pm)
Does Ml work on spawn or kill, i.e.
carry or wear ml gear?

Quote (mclarke @ Feb 26 2020 08:17am)
wear ML gear. On kill. I believe checked by Cheeya (or at the very least believed that killing with final hit with ML user made a difference)
certainly won't help in inventory.

only way to get overspawn gear.
It's extremely difficult to prove if it improves drops in general, as it's an extremely small %, i'm guessing as low as 0.01% per ML, so if you have 10 magic luck, you have a 1 in 1000 chance of overspawn, I use very small amounts of magic luck and only ever noticed one overspawn.

Yup, mclarke, ML works on kill in general, although when welling, the main drop is determined when you drop the white in, so the ML needs to be on when you spawn it. The side drops work normally though, so on kill.

And the odds of ML improving drops is actually much higher than that with higher amounts of ML. It is most noticeable when using high amounts of ML at low levels since you are able to drop a lot of tier I very fast, and any tier I property improved will automatically make it an overspawn, whereas on any other tier, it can be improved and not overspawn making it not apparent that it was improved.

Often soloing with 14-15 ML on at lvl 1 - 10, I see upwards of 10 overspawn properties, generally all on tier I and II. The odds of seeing an overspawn of tier V+ are extremely low, even with a lot of ML on.

Although many people recommend switching ML on for the killing blow, I recommend wearing ML gear at all times if you are truly hunting overspawns. I’ve arguably had the most luck with overspawn drops, and also found the very first useful overspawn since the rewrite ;) coincidence? Probably, yeah :P
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll