d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Official Nevada Caucus Thread > Barnie Strikes Back
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 24 2020 06:46pm
Quote (excellence @ Feb 24 2020 07:29pm)
lol dude he killed it NV, no ifs ands or buts. i know you're doing the math the lefties and medias in America won't do but the lefties in America and the media are running scared

*establishment democrats
Gold: 12,730.67
Feb 24 2020 06:49pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 24 2020 04:00pm)
So Bernie had "just" 34% of the first vote, which is strong but not thaaaaaaaat strong when you consider that Nevada's demographic makeup is VERY favorable for him (NV is disproportionately young, latino, urban and working-class). That's actually perfectly in line with the ~25% of the vote he has nationally.

It was a strong showing, but the magnitude of his win was severely inflated by the way he hugely benefitted from the caucus rules against a hyper-fractured field. The bigger story coming out of Nevada imho is that he has proven his strength with latinos and young blacks rather than "omg Bernie won 46% of the delegates".

That's an interesting observation. The problem is, 35% seems to be a pretty darn good plurality. If he has that on Super Tuesday, I think he ends up with a plurality of delegates by the time the convention rolls around.

Quote (excellence @ Feb 24 2020 04:29pm)
lol dude he killed it NV, no ifs ands or buts. i know you're doing the math the lefties and medias in America won't do but the lefties in America and the media are running scared

They should be running scared. Bernie is the epitome of pale pasty privileged lefties. Bernie Sanders is the least successful Jew of all time.
Gold: 13.95
Feb 24 2020 09:37pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Feb 24 2020 07:00pm)
So Bernie had "just" 34% of the first vote, which is strong but not thaaaaaaaat strong when you consider that Nevada's demographic makeup is VERY favorable for him (NV is disproportionately young, latino, urban and working-class). That's actually perfectly in line with the ~25% of the vote he has nationally.

It was a strong showing, but the magnitude of his win was severely inflated by the way he hugely benefitted from the caucus rules against a hyper-fractured field. The bigger story coming out of Nevada imho is that he has proven his strength with latinos and young blacks rather than "omg Bernie won 46% of the delegates".

You know what will kill his momentum? Bloomberg, he's got all the cards to play.

https://www.advocate.com/election/2020/2/24/bloomberg-campaign-tweets-about-sanders-lusting-after-putin

Then Team Bloomberg, the official Twitter of Bloomberg’s presidential campaign, sent out several tweets with the hashtag #BernieOnDespots, with made-up quotes portraying Sanders praising other dictators, such as North Korea’s Kim Jong-un and Russia’s Vladimir Putin, with the latter tweet bringing accusations of gay-baiting.

Imagine being Bloomberg and paying people so much money to come work on your campaign and they end up producing edgy satire. The second which could be perceived as an homophobic joke.

I just can't handle it boys, everyday is comedy.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Gold: 356.93
Feb 24 2020 09:48pm
Quote (Helloween7 @ Feb 25 2020 02:37pm)
You know what will kill his momentum? Bloomberg, he's got all the cards to play.

https://www.advocate.com/election/2020/2/24/bloomberg-campaign-tweets-about-sanders-lusting-after-putin

https://i.imgur.com/FKVPy3D.png

https://i.imgur.com/xUgdSXW.png

Imagine being Bloomberg and paying people so much money to come work on your campaign and they end up producing edgy satire. The second which could be perceived as an homophobic joke.

Seems like a good way to get sued.
Gold: 13.95
Feb 24 2020 09:56pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Feb 24 2020 10:48pm)
Seems like a good way to get sued.

The chain of tweets were either taken down or an appropriate number of reports came in the "fake news" category for it to be automatically deleted. Still hilarious though, I have no idea what the people posting on the twitter account were thinking.
Gold: 4.00
Warn: 40%
Feb 24 2020 11:54pm
Quote (thundercock @ Feb 24 2020 07:49pm)
That's an interesting observation. The problem is, 35% seems to be a pretty darn good plurality. If he has that on Super Tuesday, I think he ends up with a plurality of delegates by the time the convention rolls around.

They should be running scared. Bernie is the epitome of pale pasty privileged lefties. Bernie Sanders is the least successful Jew of all time.

Tbh I think you attribute Bernie as being a Jew to your perspective of jews. I barely see him as a jew. And you should see him and the show in a similar way. Trump is life. But Bernie isn't some jewbag banker schemer he's actually legit
Gold: 57.00
Feb 24 2020 11:56pm
Quote (Helloween7 @ 24 Feb 2020 22:37)

https://i.imgur.com/FKVPy3D.png

https://i.imgur.com/xUgdSXW.png

lmao imagine paying for memes in 2020
he probably hired a fistful of barnie supporters unwittingly
Gold: 4,400.67
Feb 25 2020 04:58am
Quote (thundercock @ 25 Feb 2020 01:49)

Oh, totally. My point, which I already made a couple of days ago before the NV caucus, is that Bernie is not this unstoppable juggernaut that the media tries to make him right now. If the rest of the field could consolidate around one candidate, he would almost surely not win an outright majority of delegates and struggle to clinch the nomination.

But as I said: NV was a good fit for him, so his 35% there dont contradict his 25% nationally. These numbers will prolly go up thanks to the positive press coverage though. And as I said a couple of days ago: Trump won in 2016 with ~35% against a fractured field. (Albeit with much more winner-takes-all contests.) For a factional candidate like Bernie or Trump, 25% vs 35% makes a world of a difference.

Overall, I agree with those pundits who were saying after NV that the rest of the field must consolidate NOW, because if Bernie gets 40+% of the delegates with ~30% of the popular vote on Super Tuesday, it might already be game over and too late to catch him. Because one thing is for sure: if Bernie heads into the convention with 40ish percent of delegates and a large margin over the next-best candidate, the DNC cant really steal the nomination from him without risking that Bernie's supporters burn Milwaukee (and perhaps the party) to the ground.

If Bernie ends up with a plurality, they can only take it away from him if there is a clear-cut alternative candidate who is close enough to him. Bernie 40%, Bloomberg 35%, Warren 5%, Biden 10% - in that scenario, they can make a valid argument to nominate Bloomberg. If it's Bernie 42%, Bloomberg 20%, Biden 15%, Warren 7%, then Bernie will be inevitable.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Feb 25 2020 05:03am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll