d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Anyone Know How A Deli Meat Slicer Operates?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 14 2020 11:57pm
It is a simple machine to those with the knowledge. It is not for me..anyone know how a deli slicer operates or know how to fix them in real life?
I have a couple; one of them power comes on but motor doesn't spin at all -
One of them makes a humming noise (not loud). - Could this be possibly gear issue?

May be kind of random question I know
Thank you anyways
Gold: 3,502.50
Feb 15 2020 08:27pm
If I'm correct your talking about a commercial meat slicer used in restaurants? :thumbsup: I used to work in them when I was younger.

You need Lubriquik & Forumula D spray D-greaser

A humming noise like the motor is burnt out?

I want to say posting here is more ideal Culinary Arts

This post was edited by Bachelor on Feb 15 2020 08:32pm
Gold: 0.00
Feb 15 2020 10:11pm
Quote (Bachelor @ Feb 15 2020 09:27pm)
If I'm correct your talking about a commercial meat slicer used in restaurants? :thumbsup: I used to work in them when I was younger.

You need Lubriquik & Forumula D spray D-greaser

A humming noise like the motor is burnt out?

I want to say posting here is more ideal Culinary Arts

hey! someone replied!. Yes. Well I know you can lube the guiderails/sliders. But I am going to try and lube the driveshaft with grease. Any ideas or suggestions? And thanks Ill post it on that section also.
Gold: 17,400.00
Feb 16 2020 11:01am
Alot of them also have safety features in place. If a part isnt hooked up right or is loose it wont work.
Gold: 2,489.69
Feb 19 2020 12:19pm
i can likely help but it will be a long process.

if the drive shaft is siezed up you're going to have a chore getting at it, imo. it's likely sealed to prevent lube from getting into the food, a sealed for life setup. so that will need to be removed, taken apart, grease cleaned out, resealed with food safe lube, sealed, and reassembled.

if you have some pictures let me know.

also, these aren't generally super expensive, and restoring one wont be cheap. might be better to order new, or slice your meats by hand the old fashioned way. that machine if it was in a deli could have thousands of hours of operation, and everything could be straight up fucked.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll