d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Jojos
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 18 2020 03:30pm
i've seen a few episodes of this because of some hype from some people i know.
i am greatly disappointed.
Gold: 107.77
Feb 22 2020 10:32am
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 22 2020 03:53pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Feb 18 2020 01:30pm)
i've seen a few episodes of this because of some hype from some people i know.
i am greatly disappointed.

It's not for everyone. Honestly, everyone who I've made watch it has either LOVED it or HATED it lol. Seems like there's not much of a middle-ground when it comes to JoJo
Feb 23 2020 10:08am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 22 2020 04:53pm)
It's not for everyone. Honestly, everyone who I've made watch it has either LOVED it or HATED it lol. Seems like there's not much of a middle-ground when it comes to JoJo

i watched a few episodes of Golden Wind first, not realizing that the site i was using didn't have the first JoJo available.
that had a bit more seriousness to it, and i might actually pick that one back up shortly.
Feb 23 2020 11:54am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Feb 23 2020 08:08am)
i watched a few episodes of Golden Wind first, not realizing that the site i was using didn't have the first JoJo available.
that had a bit more seriousness to it, and i might actually pick that one back up shortly.

To be fair, I disliked the first couple of episodes. It gets a lot better once shit goes down with Dio imo.
Feb 23 2020 12:12pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 23 2020 12:54pm)
To be fair, I disliked the first couple of episodes. It gets a lot better once shit goes down with Dio imo.

as i say this, i'm not trying to put anyone's taste down. this is just how things come off to me.

what i didn't like about the first 5-6 episodes of JoJo was how childish "everything" was. i could give numerous example, but it was pretty much everything about it.
the plot is rushed and skimmed through, nearly everything is either extreme convenience or coincidentally restricting. "we can't fly now.." what? your reason makes no sense, why are you near other people still.
i was getting mad watching it lol.

i know the later fights are visually pleasing, since that's how i was introduced. i just can't get into it though. i feel like most abridged series of anime's have more depth to it than this. (maybe i'll watch an abridged version)

Golden Wind at least has started in a serious manner, there's a clear goal laid upfront with personal determination to reach it, although not exactly knowing how to reach it.
it's more story-driven i feel, and that story has hints of psychological warfare. (from the few episodes i've seen so far)

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Feb 23 2020 12:13pm
Feb 23 2020 12:22pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Feb 23 2020 10:12am)
as i say this, i'm not trying to put anyone's taste down. this is just how things come off to me.

what i didn't like about the first 5-6 episodes of JoJo was how childish "everything" was. i could give numerous example, but it was pretty much everything about it.
the plot is rushed and skimmed through, nearly everything is either extreme convenience or coincidentally restricting. "we can't fly now.." what? your reason makes no sense, why are you near other people still.
i was getting mad watching it lol.

i know the later fights are visually pleasing, since that's how i was introduced. i just can't get into it though. i feel like most abridged series of anime's have more depth to it than this. (maybe i'll watch an abridged version)

Golden Wind at least has started in a serious manner, there's a clear goal laid upfront with personal determination to reach it, although not exactly knowing how to reach it.
it's more story-driven i feel, and that story has hints of psychological warfare. (from the few episodes i've seen so far)

There's a lot more depth to the characters/story in later arcs, but what's always appealed to me is the sheer absurdity of everything that happens in it. Ya, it's STUPIDLY convenient (as most shonen is), but it's fucking hilarious in how it does it. If you can't look past the childish nature of the beginning, I doubt you'll feel that much more interested in later arcs. That being said, each and every other season has a clearly defined goal that's being worked towards, which may help alleviate your aggravation with the haphazard or even slapped-together beginning.
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Feb 28 2020 11:19pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 23 2020 09:22am)
There's a lot more depth to the characters/story in later arcs, but what's always appealed to me is the sheer absurdity of everything that happens in it. Ya, it's STUPIDLY convenient (as most shonen is), but it's fucking hilarious in how it does it. If you can't look past the childish nature of the beginning, I doubt you'll feel that much more interested in later arcs. That being said, each and every other season has a clearly defined goal that's being worked towards, which may help alleviate your aggravation with the haphazard or even slapped-together beginning.

You’re a fucking queer
Feb 28 2020 11:19pm
Quote (NuggetsClippers @ Feb 28 2020 09:19pm)
You’re a fucking queer

Welcome back Morrow
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Feb 28 2020 11:23pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 28 2020 08:19pm)
Welcome back Morrow

Really into demon slayer atm, watching it every Saturday on adult swim.

But I should let you get back to your snitching and getting fucked in your ass by your spic guild leader.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll