d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Constitution And Bylaws > Difference
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 10 2020 08:11am
What the main difference between constitution and bylaws? Any advice...
Gold: 1,872.00
Feb 10 2020 11:44am
Quote (Garrygb @ Feb 10 2020 07:11am)
What the main difference between constitution and bylaws? Any advice...

Are you asking in terms of the government? An organization? A specific group? I'll lay out a general conception for you:

A constitution is the base of any group / organization (i.e: Government, condo board, corporations, etc etc), which includes a set of fundamental rules and basic principles on how an organization, group, or state should operate.

For an example, the constitution of a nation establishes the principles along which the government and citizens should act. It will also establish various federal instances, the main branches of power, etc.

A bylaw is a specific type of rules or laws whose application is limited to a local area, a group of people, an organization, etc. Bylaws' applications are usually limited and they must pass under the revision of a higher authority before being released.

For an example, a lot of condos will have their own set of bylaws (i.e: no dogs allowed in the building, over 18+ residents only, etc). As stated, these bylaws will have to pass under the revision of a higher authority (i.e: The City Council) before being released so it's not considered unconstitutional (i.e: imagine if a condo bylaw stated "no people of ____ color").

Feb 11 2020 06:53am
Oh, thanks. did not expect to see such an answer. This is what you need!
Feb 13 2020 12:44am
Quote (Garrygb @ Feb 11 2020 03:53pm)
Oh, thanks. did not expect to see such an answer. This is what you need! If you will agree I add your answer to my blog about [URL]https://differencebtwn.com/difference-between-constitution-and-bylaws[/URL]

Thanks one more time.

This post was edited by Garrygb on Feb 13 2020 12:55am
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll