d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Graphic Design > Calling All Designers Here! > A Question...
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.01
Feb 9 2020 04:00pm
Hi, guys...

I wanted to know which one of you you learned self-taught or forcing you to study in a specialized school and in which branch you specialized in particular. I seek guidance and advice. Because in my case I will learn in an art school and I really like this world, really. I am not bad at drawing but I am completely novice in these areas. All comments are appreciated.

Regards.

Mhabus
Feb 9 2020 05:12pm
Sorry, if someone move this topic for graphic request forum main forum, please...

Thx, moderators...Here dont respond the people...

😢
Gold: 0.00
Feb 9 2020 06:30pm
Let me know if I can help you, i'm old designer from the forum, just lose info to log into my old acc
Gold: 4,108.00
Feb 9 2020 07:24pm
Quote (Mhabus @ Feb 9 2020 05:00pm)
Hi, guys...

I wanted to know which one of you you learned self-taught or forcing you to study in a specialized school and in which branch you specialized in particular. I seek guidance and advice. Because in my case I will learn in an art school and I really like this world, really. I am not bad at drawing but I am completely novice in these areas. All comments are appreciated.

Regards.

Mhabus

Depending on where you wanna focus, via digital posters, game desigm, websites, Layout, Advertisment etc, is a good place to find where you want "the field" to take you and then focus more and more into it! as for getting your feet wet there is some free options like gimp u can start with or if u can gain access to adobe would be ideal! other then that dive into some youtube vidoes get started and learn and grow a long the way - Best wishes Key!
Feb 10 2020 02:15am
Quote (keyLLL @ Feb 10 2020 02:24am)
Depending on where you wanna focus, via digital posters, game desigm, websites, Layout, Advertisment etc, is a good place to find where you want "the field" to take you and then focus more and more into it! as for getting your feet wet there is some free options like gimp u can start with or if u can gain access to adobe would be ideal! other then that dive into some youtube vidoes get started and learn and grow a long the way - Best wishes Key!

My dilemma is that I like animation and 3d or traditional illustration along with conceptual art ... but at the same time I am also very seduced by graphic design, logo creation, brands and advertising. Because it has more labor output, more demand and sells more. Let's say more possibilities to make money. If I choose one of them I give up the other and I hate that. Although good, you can always learn self-taught, but it is not my thing ... I need to take a routine that is serious, to force me to learn in some way. If I do it at home I would feel neglect and little desire many times.

Gold: 2,250.71
Feb 11 2020 01:13pm
You can always choose to do 3d animation on the side to keep your creative mind stimulated when or if you decide to take graphic design as a career. Sometimes you might be burned out and need to do things that you love. The best way to get into it is to keep creating, alot of it is self learning to be honest and maybe you take steps in things you dont know.
Unfortunately even if you have formal training, the whole career is very self driven in that aspect.
Go Back To Graphic Design Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll