d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Heroes Of The Storm > Returning To The Nexus
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 3.60
Mar 11 2020 06:27am
Today is Wednesday, March 11 and officially the 71st day of 2020. There are now 295 days left in the year. I don't know why but I'm feeling the greatest I've felt in quite some time. I've been smiling more often and even when something doesn't go my way I still feel incredible. I find a lot of strength and happiness in daily prayer and exercise. Ever since I dusted off my old ab-rocker machine I've noticed a huge difference in how I feel. My abs are feeling the burn as well. I try to set aside 25 minutes every morning just to work out. If Chuck Norris is still going strong at 80 years old (happy belated birthday!) I figured why can't I just get into shape myself? I'm still young enough to feel at the peak of my strength if I can just mentally stay focused. A lot of times it's all about your attitude. Whenever I struggled it was always my mind going adrift. My heart was always in the right place but my mind was all over the place. Sometimes with greatness you've got to be a little crazy as well.

I've been enjoying my time playing Heroes of the Storm, Diablo 2, Diablo 3 and Ladder Slasher every single day. I thought I'd wear down by now but with Season 20 for Diablo 3 starting on Friday I'm feeling extra motivation and energy circulating in my veins. My mind, body and soul feel as one right now. I'm ready to play this season on both the PC and Nintendo Switch. I'm going to try to do both if I can, but only after I complete my daily quests for Heroes of the Storm. Play 2 games as a Warcraft hero for 200 gold (done with Varian) and win 3 games for 600 gold were my daily quests for Tuesday and Wednesday (today). I'm working on completing the latter.

I actually won a few matches in a row with Deckard Cain. Healers aren't my cup of tea but I've been trying my best to play them more often. At least with Whitemane and Cain. Those two are the most iconic heroes that I absolutely enjoy trying to learn. We've got another month left for the Toy Story 2 winter event on Heroes of the Storm. The small development team working on HotS extended it past April to buy them more time to create the next new character. I can't wait for the new spring event though. Something new and exciting for the game is always a welcomed addition for the loyal Activision Blizzard fans like myself.

My new Barbarian on Ladder Slasher named Sorsha completed her first MasterQuest run. I didn't quite pass it yet. I always fail the MasterQuest with a modest approach as a solo slasher, but every time I climb it makes me feel proud to put in the work. I don't even know how to properly attempt the MasterQuest. I always grab a key and touch the door. I still need to learn how to use the fishing pond in town as well. I've earned my guild 3 guild points since returning to D2jsp. Actually I account for all 4 points that my guild has but I believe the other point went unclaimed when I had briefly left my guild during my one year hiatus from D2jsp. Also I didn't realize that you can now purchase a total of 10 media slots. I was able to purchase a 6th media slot last night (6/10) for 500 forum gold. When I make the climb on Ladder Slasher it can feel lonely doing it alone so it helps me to have some random music readily available as I play.

Anyway, I could go on and on. I love everybody. Please stay strong and healthy, mentally and physically, and I'll see you in the Nexus.
Mar 12 2020 07:25am
Good morning and I hope everybody has a wonderful Thursday. I had a late start to my day but I'm starting a new solo climb on Ladder Slasher. I'd like to reach level 30 or 40 on my new Barbarian named Sorsha before the weekend starts. Maybe push for another guild point at some point during the weekend but it will probably be sometime next week if I casually play. I've been having a ton of fun as a solo slasher. A part of me just wants to place all my other games on pause and just purely focus on Ladder Slasher because LS is relaxing and fun. I never feel any pressure to push myself or anything. I often play Ladder Slasher as I chill and listen to music. Usually it's the six media slots on my profile that I've got playing as I make the climb. Depending on my current mood I'll mix and match what videos I have displayed. I love all music and any genre, preferably retro videos that have recently been remastered to 1080 HD. Those aren't easy to find because a lot of older videos still use 480p or even up to 720 HD.

Season 20 for Diablo 3 starts tomorrow evening at 7 p.m. my time so I definitely want to set aside some time for that. I'm going to play the new Frenzy Barbarian but ultimately I'll probably go back to the Whirlwind Barb as I continue to search for the most overpowered primal ancient Bul-Kathos set swords I can find. It's nearly impossible to find two of them but I usually head into every season with that being my main goal. The best item I've ever found was a perfect primal ancient Yang's Recurve Bow for my multi shot Demon Hunter. It feels good to feel unstoppable while dishing out a ton of damage. Well actually, I'm a bit of a glass cannon build but I never die as long as I vault around and play fast. That's why I like to fool around on non-seasonal play, every now and then, just to kill monsters past my entire screen with ease on the Demon Hunter.

I'm going to log into Heroes of the Storm pretty soon and get started on my daily quest for Thursday. I'm nearing a level on a few heroes like Varian, Kerrigan and Deckard Cain. The great part about doing your daily quests on Heroes of the Storm is you don't actually have to complete them on that same exact day. You can have up to three daily quests at one time listed on your screen. So if you're busy and don't finish you can always go back and attempt to complete it. Three quests at a time is the limit which I'm thankful for. So if I'm too busy playing Diablo 3 or Ladder Slasher, for example, I know I can always go back a day or two later and finish off multiple daily quests at once. The game makes it easier for you to catch up with some in-game gold if you miss any time.

A friend told me that a new league season is starting on Path of Exile. In my best Bart Simpson voice, "¡Ay, caramba!" If only I were still a teenager and could game 24-7 and grind pretty hard like a pro gamer I'd probably still play Path of Exile full time. I just can't master that game anymore at this point in my life. It's actually too challenging for me to dabble around a serious game like that. I do like to play Path of Exile, solo-self found league, from time to time but casually at best. The next PC game that will likely take away all my energy and free time will be Diablo IV (4) once it's released.

It's difficult for me to juggle around multiple games at once but I'll try my best. I have fun when I can and my heart's content with that. Stay safe, strong and healthy. Enjoy your life and God bless. Thank you for your time and I appreciate the encouragement. Nearly a week ago I was feeling a little down on Ladder Slasher because my Guardian had died. Somebody encouraged me to keep going and I'm glad I did. Playing the Barbarian is what I enjoy so I'll stick with that moving forward.
Mar 13 2020 06:35am
It's Friday the 13th today and hopefully everybody has an awesome weekend! It's been a rough few weeks lately with the coronavirus spreading and all of my favorite sports being cancelled all around the world. It hit extra hard for me as a huge NBA and NHL fan. Even the XFL was cancelled and I'm a passionate Houston Roughnecks fan that was looking forward to the highly anticipated football game on Sunday night against St. Louis. The Roughnecks were the only undefeated team in the league and they were trying to improve to a perfect 6-0 record. Another thing that is disappointing is there will be no 2020 NCAA Tournament this year. March Madness is a tradition every year at this time! The Houston Cougars had a legitimate chance to reach their first Final Four since 1984. Is this real life? I just can't comprehend or believe what's going on.

Without sports, which is a big part of my life, I'll have more time to focus on my gaming and catching up with some TV series and movies on Netflix and Disney plus. I was able to watch the latest episodes of "Curb Your Enthusiasm and Homeland" on my digital cable's HBO and Showtime on-demand last night. I may get rid of my digital cable very soon to save some extra money because I have both Netflix and Disney+ already. And there's no need for my extra sports package right now which I pay extra monthly for. Why do I need over 30 sports channels when there's no live sports to watch? I'm sorry but I just can't watch reruns of past games every night.

Tonight is the start of Season 20 for Diablo 3 and I'm tempted to play a Crusader actually. I already mastered the Barbarian and Demon Hunter classes, and a Crusader would be something fresh and new for me. I was actually attempting a Crusader walkthrough blog on Diablo 3 back in late December, but I couldn't really keep up with it because my knee injury was still causing me a lot of pain. I'm going to play Season 20 for Diablo 3 on both the PC and Nintendo Switch, but early on I'll focus more on the PC version.

On Heroes of the Storm I'm still completing all of my daily quests and winning games like a relentless champion full of grace and intensity. I rack up a lot of kills, assists and MVP awards. Just last night I played the Butcher and dominated with him during eight straight wins. "Fresh Meat!" I had 27 kills and 13 assists in one game. It probably won't be until the summertime when I have the type of in-game gold that I desire. I want to have at least 50,000 gold on Heroes of the Storm to feel like I'm getting somewhere. Certainly 100,000 gold would be better if I can keep saving up and not giving in to the temptations of spending it on the first thing that I like. I also have to save up my shards and gems, but in due time all of my resources will gradually increase.

During my newest solo climb on Ladder Slasher I was able to reach level 51 on Sorsha my Barbarian. I'm very pleased with that because I play it casually and it's very relaxing and it brings me a lot of joy. One day I may just put all my other games on pause and only focus on Ladder Slasher. I've been very impressed with how much Ladder Slasher has improved over the years. It's more fun than ever in 2020! I don't know what it's like to play in a group or anything like that, but just soloing is enough to satisfy me and make me smile every time I enter the Catacombs.

Anyway, this was a rare short blog entry for me. Good morning, good afternoon, and in case I don't see you later, good night.
Mar 16 2020 04:14pm
I haven't felt that well since Friday so I apologize for not posting or blogging. A small fever, sore throat and a cough. I slept all day on Saturday and most of the day on Sunday with little energy. My doctor gave me some strong antibiotics since I'm a high-risk person with my Type 2 diabetes and poor health history. He doesn't think I have the coronavirus but I can't even be tested until next week at the earliest. My doctor doesn't have the COVID-19 testing available quite yet but he's about to get a large shipment soon. Either way I've been by myself in quarantine. I live with two cats but I'm keeping them in the other room. I'm keeping my distance from any person or pet right now. I've been washing my hands 20 or 30 times a day this past week and cough into some kleenex when I do have to cough out loud.

So with the little energy I do have lately I was able to finish another solo climb on Ladder Slasher earning 4 guild points total. My guild now has 5 total guild points. I swear that 5th point is also mine but it became unclaimed when I had left Harley's Playhouse when I took some time off D2jsp. The reason I had left was because I didn't want to take up a guild spot when I wasn't active for that entire year. I wanted my awesome guild to recruit other members. I'm thankful I had came back to D2jsp because I love everybody here and it's kept me sane since I first joined back in October of 2009.

Anyway, I just can't keep up with much of anything right now. My mind and health isn't where it needs to be. I haven't played much of Season 20 for Diablo 3 and I'm going to try and complete my daily quests on Heroes of the Storm. I'm going to allow three daily quests to be active at one time (not playing for three days). That way I can rest for a few days and then amass some in-game gold a lot faster and easier by just putting in the work all in one day.

Without sports I don't even have that escape or release from my problems and the Houston Texans traded away one of my favorite players, DeAndre Hopkins, for a quarter on the dollar. Come on, we didn't even obtain a first-round pick in the deal? I'm just not feeling well and the last thing I need is more stress. Sigh... Take care and God Bless everybody. Stay healthy and safe. Try to stay strong and keep fighting the good fight even if you aren't feeling well.

I'll remain upbeat and positive. I've got to continue to pray, and I'll always keep fighting and staying strong, both mentally and physically.
Mar 17 2020 08:53am
Good morning. I hope everybody has a nice Tuesday and is doing their best to stay healthy. It seems like I've been sleeping more than I've been awake lately, but that makes me feel stronger right now so if I have to rest more often to feel better in the long run it's just something I'll have to force myself to do. A few minutes ago after I had awaken from a good night's sleep I decided to start a new female Demon Hunter on Diablo 3 named Eve. I'm going to try and complete all my seasonal objectives for that cool looking portrait and bat pet, along with the interesting wings that I don't have yet.

My intentions aren't too grind hard every day with Diablo 3. I'm not about those paragon points at all. I'll probably play for 30 minutes one day, an hour the next and perhaps two hours if I'm able to go that long without feeling tired. Grinding on Diablo 3 isn't that fun for me like it is on Heroes of the Storm or even Ladder Slasher. I actually relax and have fun when I solo slash or finish my daily quests on Heroes of the Storm.

Tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. I'll have three total daily quests available to complete on Heroes of the Storm. I'm going to complete them all tomorrow and catch up on some in-game gold that I've been intentionally neglecting for a couple days. I love how you can not do anything for three days and the game allows you to catch up on what you missed rather conveniently. I wish Diablo 3 had some type of mitigating mechanism like that where I didn't feel any stress or obligation to playing long hours, and I could still gather what I want from the game in an enjoyable way.

I don't have a lot to discuss right now sports wise. I'm still greatly disappointed the Houston Texans traded franchise icon and superstar receiver, DeAndre Hopkins, even though I know David Johnson may still have a couple good years left in him if he can stay healthy. Running backs can become washed up in their late 20's at the snap of a finger so it's definitely a risky move. There was a time in late 2015 and all of 2016 when I thought David Johnson was the next Adrian Peterson. He was a 6'1 and 225 battering ram that couldn't be stopped, but then injuries started to slow down a stud like David Johnson. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll run like an all pro beast in 2020 and 2021. I feel like he can still be elite for two more years if his body complies.

As far as Tom Brady leaving the New England Patriots all I can say is I'm actually stunned by that move as well, but I have a lot of respect and admiration for what he accomplished for one franchise over two full decades. Let's just say after 20 years what an amazing and blessed run he had. 13 AFC Championship Game appearances, 9 Super Bowl appearances and 6 Super Bowl wins. When Tom Brady was first drafted by the Patriots way back in 2000 it was actually around the time I had graduated high school. And it was only a couple months before I first played Diablo 2 classic. That's a very, very, did I say very?, long time! For any one person to enjoy something that they love for 20+ years that's a blessing from God. All you can do is respect that.

Thank you for your time this morning and I love you all. Happiness is all we should be striving for every day. Stay safe and I'll see you in the Nexus tomorrow.
Mar 17 2020 10:55pm
I decided to keep my digital cable service for the time being because I'll be staying home a lot with the coronavirus outbreak possibly lasting until July or August the way things are going. I was planning to stop paying for my digital cable and only focus on Netflix and Disney+, but I do watch a lot of programming on my digital cable, in particular the on-demand feature. Like right now it's 11:55 p.m. and I searched for some '90s teen movies and an entire selection of films popped up. I just pushed play on one of my all-time favorites, She's All That (1999). I'll also watch American Pie, Idle Hands. Pleasantville, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Clueless, Varsity Blues (the soundtrack rocks!), Can't Hardly Wait, Drive Me Crazy and The Faculty for some sweet nostalgia. Watching some feel-good movies from that time period is like a natural remedy to feeling better. I'm already smiling and laughing.

I've gotten my fever under control and I feel a little stronger tonight but my cough is still sporadically tiresome. I'm hanging in there the best I can. I've also had a runny nose to go along with the sore throat, but this just feels like any other time I've gotten sick with the seasonal flu. Nothing too alarming but I've been extra cautious just in case. The antibiotics I'm taking are helping a lot so hopefully this isn't the coronavirus which I'll see if I can take a test for sometime next week. I haven't been in contact with any other person and social distancing is something I take very seriously. Sleeping a lot has helped me feel better, but I haven't been able to get much rest tonight.

I was able to reach level 40 on my new Demon Hunter named Eve on Diablo 3 (PC) just soloing in my own adventure game, but I'm already feeling bored and I don't know if that's what I want to do for too much longer. For some reason Diablo 3 on the PC doesn't excite me as much anymore. Maybe because I enjoy it more on the Nintendo Switch. Once you go console, most notably handheld mode with D3, it's hard to play it any other way. I can lay down in bed right now and play the same Demon Hunter for Season 20. So it's like what's the point of me doing it on the PC? What's the incentive of grinding hard for paragon points? Just so I can flex my paragon muscles? I'm too cool for school that I can't find those four-player meta runs that the popular groups like to run 5-to-10 hours a day. I'm sorry but I'm not popular enough to do that

I'd rather spend my time on the PC playing some Heroes of the Storm or Ladder Slasher. My beautiful Barbarian named Sorsha is performing very well as I solo slash my way to another guild point. I'm incredibly thankful that Ladder Slasher has won over my heart as passionately as it has. Something that calms me down and relaxes me is hard to find. I can play both games while watching movies or TV shows. Since there are no live sports being played at the moment. But I digress, I just want to have fun doing anything that makes me smile and feel good. Especially during a tough time like this. Half the time I feel so alive and ready to overcome all challenges (strength in prayer), and the other half of the time I feel like I just want to give up and sleep away my battles.

Anyway, back to my '90s teen movies. I may as well take advantage of my digital cable since I decided to keep it for now. It gives me some joy.
Mar 18 2020 10:29am
It's Wednesday, March 18 and I hope everybody is feeling well. My three daily quests on Heroes of the Storm are play 8 games for 800 gold, play 3 games as a healer or support hero for 300 gold and play 2 games as a Warcraft hero for 200 gold. So that's definitely a lot on my plate to complete all in one day, but I plan to do all of it today and then I'll log back into the game in three more days for three more daily quests to complete. This is actually more fun now that I've accepted this gives me more time flexibility without any stress. I'll be able to amass a lot of in-game gold without having to commit myself to the game every day. It frees up some valuable time so that I can enjoy some other games. I don't have to feel tied down to Heroes of the Storm like I often do with Diablo 3.

The only other game that is giving me a lot of joy and excitement lately is Ladder Slasher. I'm making a push for another solo climb and my next goal is to aim for 10,000 kills with 0 deaths on Sorsha my Barbarian. I just surpassed 9,000 kills and hit level 57 on my latest climb. As a solo slasher it feels extremely rewarding to do all of it myself. Every kill I'm pouring some blood, sweat and tears into. All the items I have, which may not be great to most people, are a true blessing and it all feels like gorgeous treasure in my eyes. The beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. My only weakness is pacing myself and not trying to overdo it. The last thing I want is to suffer an untimely death all because I was too tired or not focused enough. I'll never let my Sorsha down though. I must defend her at all costs!

I'm off to start my long list of daily quests on Heroes of the Storm. My best bet is going to be playing Whitemane the first three games as I can knock out all three daily quests with her. She's a healer and Warcraft hero. I'll completely finish two of my quests with her and be three games into my play 8 games quest. I can merely finish the last five games with Varian, Rexxar, The Butcher, Kerrigan, Xul or Cassia. Or any other hero I'm relentless and flawless with. I'll want to win each game in the fastest time and most dominating way possible. People call me vicious and "Ryan the Rhino" when I play Heroes of the Storm but that's the way I have to play if I want to achieve maximum victory. My win rate is 97.2 % for a reason. I take every loss personally and it fuels me to play better.

Setbacks are only temporary as long as you don't give up. I'll be back later to solo slash and relax with some more Ladder Slasher.
Mar 19 2020 10:46am
It's Thursday, March 19 and I was able to get a little rest last night. I woke up feeling drowsy and I just logged into Ladder Slasher to try and make the challenging climb from level 65 to 71. This is always the toughest challenge for me as a solo slasher because the monsters pack a nice punch that I can feel, especially if it's three on one or more from a spawner that multiplies. If my awareness is low and I'm not fully engaged like I am right now with my eyes not quite awake all it takes is one small lapse for my character to suffer an untimely death. That would be unfortunate if I don't reach my goal of 10,000 kills with 0 deaths after coming this far. I'll always try my best regardless and I welcome all the trials and tribulations that come my way.

I may actually play some Diablo 3 later today after focusing on Heroes of the Storm yesterday. When I take a few days off from Diablo 3 it makes me want to play it for some reason, but only when I overplay D3 that is when I feel bored and dissatisfied. Diablo 3 is good in its own way, and I totally love it on the Nintendo Switch, but what I don't enjoy is the endless paragon grinding. With my skill in the game I don't need 5,000 paragon points to tell me that I'm good. I can make due with 1,000 points. I only like it when there's some cool objectives to complete and some seasonal prizes to obtain. Like Season 20's bat pet, cool portrait and nice Andariel like wings. I didn't have any of those rewards on the PC or switch so that gave me some incentive to play this season on both platforms.

I'm going to be making some homemade tacos for lunch in a little while. I'll call it my own Taco Thursday instead of Tuesday. I haven't been able to eat out as much with a lot of restaurants closed down in my area. The drive-thru option is still open at most of the fast-food places, but I don't like to leave my house unless I absolutely have to. It's just the tough times we're dealing with right now. My local movie theater is shut down and I can't even enjoy a new movie even if I wanted to. It's not like I have a hot date lined up anyway! Thank goodness for Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and digital cable. I've got too many options as it is but there's no substitute for watching a new movie on the big screen.

I apologize for any typos on my short and boring blog today. I'm half awake and trying to start my day. God bless you and stay healthy and safe. Thank you.
Mar 20 2020 09:12am
Thank God it's Friday! March 20, 2020 and this is the greatest I've felt in over a week. I'd probably go to the movie theaters and enjoy a new movie if all the cinemas in my area weren't shut down. I'm just thankful to be feeling good again. I had an amazing run on Ladder Slasher last night. Not only did I reach my goal of 10,000+ kills with 0 deaths on my new Barbarian named Sorsha, I had successfully passed the MasterQuest for the first time ever to unlock a new character class. As a solo slasher I never thought I'd be able to experience some of the beautiful things that I've been doing. It's been a lot of fun and I'm blessed to have found something that gives me some joy and helps me smile throughout each day. From the bottom of my heart all I can say is, "Thank You!" Ladder Slasher.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm planning to do today. I'm going to make some meat loaf, mashed potatoes and canned green beans for lunch. I may play a little Diablo 2, Diablo 3 and Heroes of the Storm. Perhaps up to an hour on each if I feel that energetic. I'd like to find a full Marauder set on my new Demon Hunter named Eve on Diablo 3. Otherwise I may just casually start another climb on Ladder Slasher. I went from 4 guild points to 6 points after I passed the MasterQuest. The Barbarian is definitely the best class for me to play, because I had played the Guardian before (hybrid healing build) and she just didn't feel as powerful or tanky. I like characters that can dish out high damage and tank multiple enemies at once. The Guardian seems better suited for team play and I'm a solo slasher.

I kind of wish there was an NBA or NHL game that I could enjoy tonight. The playoffs were just around the corner for both pro leagues. Even some 2020 NCAA Tournament action for both the men and women would've been entertaining to watch. March Madness feels more like March Sadness when it comes to the sporting world. Without sports I've been craving something to fill that massive void. I'm having some negative withdrawals for sure, but I just have to keep playing my games and watching more movies and TV shows. That's all I can really do right now while I continue to be quarantined and trying my best to stay healthy and safe.

I don't want to take up too much of your time on this beautiful Friday. Take care of yourself and God Bless. I'll see you in the Nexus.
Mar 20 2020 06:29pm
Heroes of the Storm just announced that all heroes from now until April 2nd will be free to play. I just logged into the game and I'm pleasantly surprised to see the entire roster available for me to play. What a nice gesture from Activision Blizzard and the entire HotS team. This is especially useful for all of us in quarantine and spending all of our lonely hours at home. I can now test out every hero that I've rarely played in the past. Even the ones I haven't unlocked yet. Heroes like Tracer, Dehaka, Chen, Artanis, Probius, Fenix, Lunara, Murky, Zagara, Gazlowe, Abathur, Brightwing, Illidan and Tassadar to name a few. I have no clue how to play any of them. This is my time to take them out for a test drive.

So I definitely need to play Heroes of the Storm as much as I can for the next couple of weeks. Of course I'll still play Ladder Slasher daily as well because that's become my go-to game and I love solo slashing beyond words right now! This probably means less Diablo 3 time but that's okay. I wasn't really going anywhere in Season 20 but I'll still find a little time for D3 sooner or later. Season 20 will be three months long and it's only been a week old. I can likely finish all of the seasonal objectives in two or three weeks if I really pushed hard for it as a solo player. I can knock it out in one or two days if I play in a four-player meta group.

Anyway, I just wanted to write a quick blog entry this evening to say that Heroes of the Storm is letting you play every hero for free. Booyah!
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic