d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Heroes Of The Storm > Returning To The Nexus
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 3.60
Feb 8 2020 11:12pm
I first started playing Heroes of the Storm around Thanksgiving time back in 2018. I had played it for many days and months in a row, but sadly I just couldn't keep up with that type of aggressive pace. I suffered a left knee injury in November of 2019 and I had to quit all PC games for a temporary time. After one year of falling in love with Heroes of the Storm I had to stop playing that amazing MOBA.

That's when I purchased a Nintendo Switch, the handheld mode made it possible for me to game in comfort again, and I thought I'd never play PC games all that much moving forward. My left knee just couldn't tolerate the pain it was feeling when I sat down at my PC for any longer than twenty minutes. Thankfully my left knee has gotten a lot stronger over the past few months and I have slowly returned to PC gaming.

I didn't want to jump right back into PC gaming full throttle but I slowly began to play Ladder Slasher to test myself. I also played some Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 on the PC. Once that went well I decided to come back to Heroes of the Storm. I played HotS for the first time today (February 8, 2020) since November of 2019. I played ten games in a row and it felt fantastic to experience some fun MOBA action again.

People have asked me why I haven't played League of Legends? Well, Heroes of the Storm has the iconic Blizzard characters!
And I've been a huge Diablo fan since the late '90s. There's more of a lore and history that I've been connected to forever.

So far I only have eleven characters that are level 10 or higher. My overall player level is 371. I want to aim for 400 soon.

Here are my highest leveled characters on Heroes of the Storm.

Cassia: Level 37
Xul: Level 22
The Lost Vikings: Level 20
Kerrigan: Level 19
Rexxar: Level 17
The Butcher: Level 15
Diablo: Level 13
Varian: Level 13
Valla: Level 11
Li-Ming: Level 10
Zarya: Level 10

Surprisingly, my Sonya is only level 7. I need to level her a lot more. The female Barbarian is my absolute fave on Diablo 3!

Since I'm rusty coming back I've been playing Varian "The King" since his play style is pretty straightforward and easy to navigate. I don't know how much I'm going to play Heroes of the Storm in the future, but I really do love this game with all my heart. I never thought I'd feel so passionate about a MOBA but this game makes me smile and feel good. I missed it a lot when I wasn't playing. It's my favorite PC game to play right now so I definitely want to play when I can.

My main goal coming back to Heroes of the Storm is to complete my daily quests and earn a lot of in-game gold. I'll see what I can do.
Feb 9 2020 04:55pm
The great thing about returning to Heroes of the Storm after a long hiatus is that there were three daily quests for me to complete on the first day back. Play 8 games for 800 gold, win 3 games for 600 gold and play 2 games as a Warcraft hero for 200 gold. That's an easy 1600 gold + 25-30 per match that I racked up. I literally went from no gold at all to 3,000 rather quickly. My goal is to save up to 100,000 gold and then I can unlock any character or extra goodies, mounts or skins, anytime I want. So far I've unlocked nearly 50 % of the roster.

Also the first loot box that I opened had two legendary items inside out of the four random spawns. Talk about a nice 'welcome back'gift. Of course my second day earlier today was not as fruitful. I only had one daily quest to complete which was play 2 games as an Overwatch hero for 200 gold. I had played Zarya to complete that task and talk about being rusty. On a healer or support hero I'm not as good because I have to rely on buffing my teammates. I play better as a solo tank, bruiser or assassin vs. the AI, even on Adept or higher difficulties, than I do playing in a ranked league match.

I just have to get my feel back for Heroes of the Storm. It's all about timing and strategy. Right now I'm just coming back a little off my A-game.
Feb 10 2020 04:24pm
I had a long day and just returned home, but thankfully my daily quest is win 3 games for 600 gold. I'm knocking that out right now using Varian for two games and Kerrigan for one game. Pretty easy gold that I don't want to miss out on. When it's only one daily quest, which resets every morning at 5 a.m. my time, the only hard one is play 8 games for 800 gold because that requires more time. One game can last me anywhere from 15 minutes to 25 minutes on average.

Kerrigan is a fun hero to play. I have some awesome skins (costumes) for her. Pretty much all of her cheerleader outfits I have, along with the Countess Kerrigan, which allows her to transform into a bat as she flies around the battleground. It's one of my favorite skins in the game. I purchased that one last Halloween. I used to spend real money to purchase in-game gems for Heroes of the Storm. I've probably spent at least $400 total on Heroes of the Storm. $20 here, $50 there, even $100 dollars worth of gems I purchased for Christmas back in 2018. But it's been a while since I spent any of my money on this fun game.

I definitely want to save up my in-game gold for the time being. But it's fun to save up my shards and gems (real money).
I'm cutting back on my expenses after purchasing a Nintendo Switch with a lot of games. So my gems are limited for now.

Heroes of the Storm is just so addicting for me to play. It's both good and bad that I came back. As long as I have fun that's all that matters.
Feb 11 2020 01:46pm
Usually I like to knock out my daily quests as early as possible but lately I've been getting a late start.

Play 3 games as any Assassin Hero for 300 gold is my quest today. It's a fairly easy one to complete.
There are two types of Assassins. Ranged and Melee. Kerrigan is a Melee Assassin so I'll play her again.

My number one hero, or at least my highest level, Cassia the Amazon is a Ranged Assassin. I should play her to shake off the rust. I'm starting to become a pro with Kerrigan though. I think her play style is quite strong. She could use a small buff to tank a little more. As opposed to Cassia which is a nice tank, at least against melee heroes, and she doesn't sacrifice much on the offensive end. I enjoy heroes that can dish out a high DPS and attack with great speed but also survive.
Feb 14 2020 03:29pm
The past few days went extremely well. The daily quests were very easy to complete and I started to play Xul again. He's the male Necromancer from Diablo 2 and 3. His playstyle is pretty fun and he has multiple summon skeletons that help make pushing the lanes a bit of an advantage. I can kill minions faster, attack the forts and towers easier, and eventually win the game by destroying the core. I've never lost a game with Xul before. He's my second most played hero and holds a perfect 280-0 record. My Cassia has 361 wins but 6 losses.

Today, on Valentine's Day of all days. I did experience a late start and entered the game at 3 p.m. when I usually try to get an early start and log in at 5 a.m. So low and behold my daily quest is to play 8 games for 800 gold. The most time consuming daily quest possible, but on the plus side 800 gold is exactly what I'm chasing after most of the time. It just requires more effort on my part.

Very soon I want to learn how to play Deathwing. He's a massive and tough Dragon nicknamed the Destroyer, listed as a bruiser, but I have no idea how to play him yet. I already unlocked him a couple months ago around the time he came out. I also own all of his skins, but I only played a couple games with him before I went on hiatus. So I never really learned any of his mechanics or gameplay just yet.
Feb 14 2020 09:06pm
I just purchased the Blazing Toy Train mount for 1600 shards. It's very pricey and it wasn't something I could really afford at this time (my resources are low), but I always wanted a train mount since December. Better late than never in terms of acquiring one. Now when I play with other players and one of my teammates also has a train mount, I'll be able to connect with them as we build an even larger train. I think they call that the pain train, baby!

I'm on fire right now with both Xul and Varian. I win every game and rack up a lot of MVP awards on both heroes. So I'll probably continue to shine with them and game pretty hard. I'll probably focus most of my free time playing Heroes of the Storm since it can be very time consuming. That means less time playing the Nintendo Switch and other PC games like Diablo 2 and 3. Although I do plan to play Season 20 for Diablo 3. Likely on the Nintendo Switch but I can play it on the PC as well.

TGIF and enjoy the weekend everybody! I'm going back to Heroes of the Storm before I rest. I've already played 12 games this afternoon and evening.
Feb 16 2020 09:06pm
I wasn't feeling all that well on Sunday after consuming some food poisoning the day before (my weekend was awful), and the daily quest today was a whopping play 8 games for 800 gold. I don't mind accumulating all that gold but for some reason it seems to happen when I'm feeling the least energetic and not in the mood to play a lot. It's like Heroes of the Storm knows when to unfairly challenge me when I'm down and out, but somehow it throws me the easy stuff when I'm feeling good and ready to roll like a champion.

Nonetheless, I still found a way to complete the daily quest by playing co-op vs. AI games. I'm not sure if I could've done it myself but when I play with other random human players the matches become a lot easier. I naturally played Rexxar because he's my favorite hero while playing in co-op games. It's a lot of fun to command my summoned pet, Misha, to push the lanes and also capture mercenaries.

I must've captured six or seven mercenaries per game. It's a breeze with Rexxar because Misha is a ruthless mercenary killer.
Considering I was in bed for most of the day and just woke up out of nowhere to play 8 games it was quite a remarkable feat!

Hopefully my daily quest on Monday will be something easy like play 2 games with a Diablo hero for 200 gold. Something I can knock out incredibly fast. Heroes of the Storm is such a fantastic and addicting game. The fact I wanted to play today despite feeling terrible shows how much I'm dedicated to the Nexus. I'm motivated to save up my gold, shards and gems again. I practically used all my resources for whatever in-game goodies I desired. I'm a sucker for all the cool skins and mounts the game has. Much less the announcers, portraits and hero voice lines.
Feb 17 2020 06:29pm
Unbelievably my daily quest for Monday was play 8 games for 800 gold for a consecutive day! Very rarely does this happen but it's already past 6 p.m. and I've only completed two of the games so I've got six more to go. I'm definitely playing Rexxar in co-op vs. AI games. It's the only way I'm going to be able to finish this colossus challenge. It's not that playing 8 games is impossible but to do it again when I was expecting something small after yesterday just means it requires more of my effort. I like to relax and play some Nintendo Switch, Diablo 2/3 and also ladder slasher when I'm not feeling the stresses of winning games on Heroes of the Storm.

Enough blogging for me this evening. I've got a lot of gaming to do right now. I may sneak in a few games with a couple heroes I rarely play just to mix things up. Perhaps D.Va, Jaina. Tyrande, Deathwing, Blaze,and Orphea. I also want to get around to Mephisto. He's one of the few Diablo heroes I haven't fallen in love with. I don't know why because I must've killed him at least half a million times since the summer of 2000 on Diablo 2.

Yrel, Qhira, Whitemane, Ana, Lt. Morales, Dehaka and Kel'Thuzad are also heroes I'd like to learn how to play. The last loot chest that I opened had a legendary drop and it was the hero Kel'Thuzad who I hadn't unlocked yet. He looks really cool but I have no clue where to start or what his playstyle (rotation) requires me to do.

Anytime you can receive a free hero from a loot box that's always cool. Now I just need to learn about Kel'Thuzad.
Feb 18 2020 05:53am
Play 2 games as an Overwatch hero for 200 gold. That's a fairly simple daily quest for Tuesday. I sort of welcomed it with open arms after I had to play a minimum of 16 games the past couple of days. I already finished both games with Zarya and I had won the MVP award for the second game. My teammates were good and I complimented them very well. There was a Diablo on my team, which is a major tank already, but I kept following him around and casting my ally shield on him. He was literally OP when pushing the middle lane.

Zarya is a support hero which can cast some personal and ally shields. She has a huge particle cannon which fires out an energy beam. There's a level 1 skill that I like to use called 'feel the heat' which gives me more damage the closer I'm shooting at an enemy. Basically anything in melee range. I'm literally right in their face and doing some nice damage. It's also good for capturing mercenary camps and making quick work of minions.

I wouldn't call myself a pro with Zarya like I am with Rexxar and Xul, but Zarya is becoming one of my favorite heroes.
Feb 19 2020 05:41am
Play 2 games as a StarCraft hero for 200 gold is my daily quest for today. It looks like I can get an early start this morning since I'm awake and I can knock this one out relatively fast. It's Kerrigan time! She has a skill called 'Ravage' which is absolutely sensational! I can just leap around to my targets and often pick up a lot of enemy hero kills. Also impaling blades is a good stun attack with primal grasp being able to pull the enemies toward me.

I have most of Kerrigan's skins (outfits). I'll probably just use her RCHS cheerleader costume with the pink colored Holy Seraph mount. Playing Kerrigan actually makes me want to learn and play StarCraft 2 one of these days. I actually never got into that game over the past couple of decades. I was purely addicted to Diablo, Diablo II and Diablo III. It's possible I could've been a tremendous StarCraft II player but I'll likely never know.

I did, however, play the Curse of Tristram game which was featured on the official Blizzard app (inside Starcraft II) which used the StarCraft 2 engine. It was kind of fun to play but at the time I played it (early 2018) the game lacked content. Only half of Act 1 was complete. If Curse of Tristram had all five acts that would've been amazing! It could've been a true Diablo 2 Remastered except not quite the same as D2.

I have a 95 % win rate with Kerrigan and I do rack up a lot of MVP awards with her. She's really good at racking up kills and assists.
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
1235Next
Add Reply New Topic