d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Browser Games > Neopets >
Poll > Neopoints To Fg
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,665.50
Feb 8 2020 01:45pm
Most sites that sell neopets items or neopoints have a specific price that must be followed.
If you go back in this sub forum the ratio was as low as 1:3000, probably lower if I continued to look.
Neopets hasn't changed, np is still pretty hard for most people to acquire.
Lots of sites are extremely active still, I honestly feel that because we have allowed our ratios to get out of hand we have devalued the neopoints value and have almost completely killed off this sub forum as most people no longer want to sell anything.

We could all vote on a specific fg to np ratio if more people vote yes here.
Just curious what you guys think.

This post was edited by Effektivv on Feb 8 2020 01:46pm
Feb 8 2020 09:56pm
For the people voting no, I would love to hear your thoughts on why you think this is a bad idea.
Gold: 16,643.48
Feb 9 2020 07:32am
absolutely not required. pointing out what it was before has no relevence right now.

I'm struggling to get 15,000:1 which is what i expected as this is an expensive ratio and i have requirements that they must buy x amount. However i'm hoping including my portfolio screenshot which shows i've bought for at least 3 years straight without selling (obviously have been doing longer than that as i sell regularly) shows a bit of trustworthyness you may not expect from all trades here.

How it works right now works well, it's a really simple supply and demand.
If someone puts up 1 billion NP at 20k:1 the ratio will shift, if someone starts buying up all the NP available, the price will also shift.

A "fixed" ratio doesnt take that into consideration and is completely dumb.

lastly you're missing out trudy's, which is basically a free 15k each day. I oddly enough cba with it simply because i don't always log in each day and prefer keeping my clicks to a minimum. It's also less efficient than stocks which is arguably 85k+ each day depending on the way you think about it.
This significantly affected the market ever since. I sold at 3k:1 "back in the day".

This post was edited by mclarke on Feb 9 2020 07:47am
Feb 9 2020 09:52am
Quote (mclarke @ Feb 9 2020 06:32am)
absolutely not required. pointing out what it was before has no relevence right now.

I'm struggling to get 15,000:1 which is what i expected as this is an expensive ratio and i have requirements that they must buy x amount. However i'm hoping including my portfolio screenshot which shows i've bought for at least 3 years straight without selling (obviously have been doing longer than that as i sell regularly) shows a bit of trustworthyness you may not expect from all trades here.

How it works right now works well, it's a really simple supply and demand.
If someone puts up 1 billion NP at 20k:1 the ratio will shift, if someone starts buying up all the NP available, the price will also shift.

A "fixed" ratio doesnt take that into consideration and is completely dumb.

lastly you're missing out trudy's, which is basically a free 15k each day. I oddly enough cba with it simply because i don't always log in each day and prefer keeping my clicks to a minimum. It's also less efficient than stocks which is arguably 85k+ each day depending on the way you think about it.
This significantly affected the market ever since. I sold at 3k:1 "back in the day".

This is the only site that doesn't follow a set price, most sites are at a $2 per mil rule. it's not supply and demand as I know multiple people including myself that have completely stopped selling here due to the price, I personally lose money selling for FG here. I'm not saying we go back to 1:3k ratio, but 1:20k+ is'nt worth it for any seller.
This community has devalued their NP to make quick sales, then the community has said that's the new price.
Stocks are insanely slow for making NP, Trudys is the second, the price and the way others make NP here is probably why the supply is so low.

thanks for the reply sir.

Feb 9 2020 10:38am
Quote (Effektivv @ Feb 9 2020 03:52pm)
This is the only site that doesn't follow a set price, most sites are at a $2 per mil rule. it's not supply and demand as I know multiple people including myself that have completely stopped selling here due to the price, I personally lose money selling for FG here. I'm not saying we go back to 1:3k ratio, but 1:20k+ is'nt worth it for any seller.
This community has devalued their NP to make quick sales, then the community has said that's the new price.
Stocks are insanely slow for making NP, Trudys is the second, the price and the way others make NP here is probably why the supply is so low.

thanks for the reply sir.

worth it for me as i dont use any other sites for trading NP :)
Feb 9 2020 11:15am
Quote (mclarke @ Feb 9 2020 09:38am)
worth it for me as i dont use any other sites for trading NP :)

I respect that, but having a set ratio would make people want to sell more and bring more people back to this sub.
Feb 9 2020 11:37am
Quote (Effektivv @ Feb 9 2020 05:15pm)
I respect that, but having a set ratio would make people want to sell more and bring more people back to this sub.

I don't understand this logic whatsoever.

the sub is dead because fewer of the jsp users play neopets than before. Similar to how diablo 2 has less players. There are a LOT more games these days and easier access to them all.
Over half of the topics right now in the past few months have been FT topics. There are enough people wanting to sell already, what we actually need is buyers.

Out of curiousity what is your suggested "set ratio" right now?
Also lets go by two different formulas here:
$2 per mil.
https://forums.d2jsp.org/tools.php?a=3 $1 = 40 fg.

80 fg should theoretically be 2 mill if the ratios work out correctly.
Guess what, it's 1:25k, this is a reasonably common ratio right now. It's going to be skewed here as $2 is worth 200 fg on the steam forum, which is 1:10k.

The ratio has already shifted to where it should be imo if you're $2 per mill is correct.
Feb 9 2020 12:02pm
Quote (mclarke @ Feb 9 2020 10:37am)
I don't understand this logic whatsoever.

the sub is dead because fewer of the jsp users play neopets than before. Similar to how diablo 2 has less players. There are a LOT more games these days and easier access to them all.
Over half of the topics right now in the past few months have been FT topics. There are enough people wanting to sell already, what we actually need is buyers.

Out of curiousity what is your suggested "set ratio" right now?
Also lets go by two different formulas here:
$2 per mil.
https://forums.d2jsp.org/tools.php?a=3 $1 = 40 fg.

80 fg should theoretically be 2 mill if the ratios work out correctly.
Guess what, it's 1:25k, this is a reasonably common ratio right now. It's going to be skewed here as $2 is worth 200 fg on the steam forum, which is 1:10k.

The ratio has already shifted to where it should be imo if you're $2 per mill is correct.

I would follow the steam ratio 100fg=$1, the current 40fg per mil is trash, you agree, that's why you're currently selling at 1:15k, which will never sell because when a buyer comes they can just get it at 1:25k...this is why we need a set ratio.
The steam sub has a set ratio, It's active...just saying haha
Maybe my idea is just a little too late.
I think a huge reason why there are no buyers might be because a lot of people have been frozen and quit due to our trade guide not being updated for years, R.I.P.
I'm actually not sure why the buyer market is so low here compared to other sites, this is the cheapest site to buy...hmmm

This post was edited by Effektivv on Feb 9 2020 12:04pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 20%
Feb 12 2020 10:44am
Deflation is a normal thing in the world.
Feb 12 2020 12:50pm
Quote (SteelSeries2005 @ Feb 12 2020 09:44am)
Deflation is a normal thing in the world.

For sure, but at least here we have some kind of control.
If people really like waiting months to sell their stock profit at a 1:25k ratio I'm fine with it, just figured I would point out the issues and ask if the community would be down to do it.
Go Back To Neopets Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll