d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Need A Desktop Pc Built > Gaming, Possibly Streaming $1500
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 180.00
Feb 6 2020 04:24pm
Budget: $1500 (not including monitors)
More specific use (what games, what programs): Gaming, I mostly play league right now, but hoping it will handle whatever game I throw its way. I do office work from home, but it's nothing intense for the computer.
Planned time until purchase: month or so?
Do you need an Operating System?: nope, have a windows 10 key
Do you have any specific preferred components?: 32GB Ram, 2TB SSD. I'm aware both of these may be a bit overkill, but I like it.
Do you need a sound or wireless card?: not sure on exactly what a sound card does, I don't work on or create music, so I assume no - no need for wireless card, but option of adding one in later may be nice
Do you want stock cooling or do you plan on overclocking?: I do not plan on overclocking, is liquid cooling worth it?
Do you need a monitor? mouse? keyboard?: 2x monitors
Zip code/location? (Shipping costs): Boston, MA USA Area

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PtBsn7
I've put together this but have concerns;
- Are the CPU and GPU "good enough"
- Coolermaster has a liquid cpu cooler for about 20$ more, but have never worked with liquid cooling. simple enough to add that in instead?
- Motherboard, honestly dont know anything about them and kind of just picked a random one :)

TYIA guys! Sorry for being super picky and having so many questions, lol.
P.S. - if you think of something you believe would be a "massive" upgrade but through me slightly over budget that is ok, let me hear it. $1500 is just a ballpark.

This post was edited by TheWhiteNinja on Feb 6 2020 04:26pm
Gold: 18,352.00
Feb 6 2020 04:33pm
prices change rapidly could you post back 1-2 days before you plan to purchase a month is too far out.
Gold: 180.00
Feb 6 2020 04:41pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Feb 6 2020 06:33pm)
prices change rapidly could you post back 1-2 days before you plan to purchase a month is too far out.

will do, I have this tracked so I'll bump with an update :)
Gold: 39,837.69
Feb 6 2020 04:53pm
Quote (TheWhiteNinja @ Feb 6 2020 04:24pm)
Budget: $1500 (not including monitors)
More specific use (what games, what programs): Gaming, I mostly play league right now, but hoping it will handle whatever game I throw its way. I do office work from home, but it's nothing intense for the computer.
Planned time until purchase: month or so?
Do you need an Operating System?: nope, have a windows 10 key
Do you have any specific preferred components?: 32GB Ram, 2TB SSD. I'm aware both of these may be a bit overkill, but I like it.
Do you need a sound or wireless card?: not sure on exactly what a sound card does, I don't work on or create music, so I assume no - no need for wireless card, but option of adding one in later may be nice
Do you want stock cooling or do you plan on overclocking?: I do not plan on overclocking, is liquid cooling worth it?
Do you need a monitor? mouse? keyboard?: 2x monitors
Zip code/location? (Shipping costs): Boston, MA USA Area

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PtBsn7
I've put together this but have concerns;
- Are the CPU and GPU "good enough"
- Coolermaster has a liquid cpu cooler for about 20$ more, but have never worked with liquid cooling. simple enough to add that in instead?
- Motherboard, honestly dont know anything about them and kind of just picked a random one :)

TYIA guys! Sorry for being super picky and having so many questions, lol.
P.S. - if you think of something you believe would be a "massive" upgrade but through me slightly over budget that is ok, let me hear it. $1500 is just a ballpark.

Yeah that cpu and gpu will handle everything you are looking to do/play

You really don’t need more than 16g of ram. You could use the money you save to go into other parts.

How important is it for your monitors to be the same? I understand it, but just curios. Cause you could save some money there too or your main gaming monitor could be upgraded
Gold: 0.00
Feb 6 2020 08:57pm
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YtjZ9G
You really don't need 32GB ram for gaming/streaming. If you really wanna pay more for it, I guess go ahead but you won't see any benefits performance wise.
Pick one of those monitors (or any that you want realistically) and get 2 of the same so it will look a lot more natural and you won't have weird sizing issues. Make sure you have the same refresh rate on the monitors tho, Windows 10 doesn't handle different refresh rates on different displays well.
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll