d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Birds Of Prey > I Heard
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 155.50
Feb 4 2020 11:54am
Birds of Prey is a total waste I'm hearing from aussie people two hours os boredom
Gold: 10,025.00
Feb 9 2020 09:32pm
I saw it. Enjoyed it. Obviously nothing award worthy, but it took advantage of its R rating.

The first act of the movie is a little hard to get through, it bounces all over the place, I think it was an artistic choice to try and mimic Harley and her craziness/personality. I wasn't a fan personally. After that it turns into a more traditional movie and gets pretty fun. It all depends on how you go into the movie. If you're expecting something on the level of Joker then you should probably reassess your life. If you just want to see a fun(ish) beat-em-up that has an R rating so people actually get owned, then it's entertaining. It also doesn't overstay it's welcome, at under 2 hours it's over before it gets tedious.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 9 2020 11:07pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Feb 9 2020 07:32pm)
I saw it. Enjoyed it. Obviously nothing award worthy, but it took advantage of its R rating.

The first act of the movie is a little hard to get through, it bounces all over the place, I think it was an artistic choice to try and mimic Harley and her craziness/personality. I wasn't a fan personally. After that it turns into a more traditional movie and gets pretty fun. It all depends on how you go into the movie. If you're expecting something on the level of Joker then you should probably reassess your life. If you just want to see a fun(ish) beat-em-up that has an R rating so people actually get owned, then it's entertaining. It also doesn't overstay it's welcome, at under 2 hours it's over before it gets tedious.

Wow. I'm genuinely surprised to see a review from you this positive on a superhero* film. Not that our opinions always coincide, usually the exact opposite in fact lol, but you seem to have pretty good taste for the most part, which makes interested in seeing this now. Probably won't go to the theater, but I'll steam it when it's available.

I guess I didn't realize it had gotten an R review. I feel so many superhero movies could have been improved by pushing that boundary. I realize these companies are afraid of losing revenue on the child/teen market, but they need to understand that good movies build longevity and more money in the long run. We've seen an uptick in R films like this over the past decade or so, and I hope it continues.
Feb 9 2020 11:30pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Feb 9 2020 10:07pm)
Wow. I'm genuinely surprised to see a review from you this positive on a superhero* film. Not that our opinions always coincide, usually the exact opposite in fact lol, but you seem to have pretty good taste for the most part, which makes interested in seeing this now. Probably won't go to the theater, but I'll steam it when it's available.

I guess I didn't realize it had gotten an R review. I feel so many superhero movies could have been improved by pushing that boundary. I realize these companies are afraid of losing revenue on the child/teen market, but they need to understand that good movies build longevity and more money in the long run. We've seen an uptick in R films like this over the past decade or so, and I hope it continues.

I mean take it with a grain of salt. I really like the character and think the actress is perfect for the role. There is definitely an element of seeing something I love as a live action movie which colours my opinion.

Like I said, go in with zero expectations. I guess a good example would be it's like the first fast and the furious. Good for what it is, would be fucking garbage of they overdue it
Gold: 155.50
Feb 9 2020 11:55pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Feb 9 2020 10:32pm)

it was so bad made Jonah Hex movie look better
Gold: 7.77
Feb 9 2020 11:57pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Feb 9 2020 09:30pm)
I mean take it with a grain of salt. I really like the character and think the actress is perfect for the role. There is definitely an element of seeing something I love as a live action movie which colours my opinion.

Like I said, go in with zero expectations. I guess a good example would be it's like the first fast and the furious. Good for what it is, would be fucking garbage of they overdue it

Couldn’t disagree more with both statements.

Glad you enjoyed the movie.
Feb 10 2020 01:16am
Quote (CharlieDayZ @ Feb 9 2020 10:57pm)
Couldn’t disagree more with both statements.

Glad you enjoyed the movie.

You couldn't disagree more with the statement that I like the character? How fucking retarded are you?

This post was edited by Blah58 on Feb 10 2020 01:16am
Gold: 7.77
Feb 10 2020 01:23am
Quote (Blah58 @ Feb 9 2020 11:16pm)
You couldn't disagree more with the statement that I like the character? How fucking retarded are you?

I think the character and actress are both bleh. How are you doing today? Lol fuck off with the insults.
Feb 10 2020 01:36am
Quote (CharlieDayZ @ Feb 10 2020 12:23am)
I think the character and actress are both bleh. How are you doing today? Lol fuck off with the insults.

The statement wasn't "the character is good" the statement is "i like the character" and disagreeing with that means you think you know what I like better than I do. Doesn't take a ph.d to understand basic fucking English.

Edit: also if you dislike both the character and the actress, why the fuck would you have an opinion on of the actress is a good fit for the role or not?

This post was edited by Blah58 on Feb 10 2020 01:42am
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll