d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev1729730731732733910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 26 2020 05:09pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 26 2020 03:57pm)
Germany is just better than us in every way

It's actually pretty frustrating tbh. We helped destroy both countries less than a century ago and rebuilt them from the ground up. I think if you can afford to live in a large city, you're immune to all the awful things about this country.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 26 2020 05:17pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 26 2020 06:57pm)
Germany is just better than us in every way

The US has lost its standing completely under Trump - but - I wouldnt argue that it started there, it started a while back when the American dream was replaced by greed, nepotism, and grift. To those in congress that stand in the way of life changing benefits - there is no value in helping others or progressing the human race if it means sacrificing profits today for benefits long term. this is amplified by an increasingly aging population of boomers who have never shed the short term mind set.
Gold: 260.11
Oct 26 2020 05:27pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 26 2020 06:09pm)
It's actually pretty frustrating tbh. We helped destroy both countries less than a century ago and rebuilt them from the ground up. I think if you can afford to live in a large city, you're immune to all the awful things about this country.

In all seriousness my wife and I are considering moving abroad in the next 5 or so years. Germany is on the top of our list since I have heritage there, but we are in the infancy of looking into immigration policies of the various countries.

The U.S. is going down the shitter in the next 50 years for everybody but the top most earners. Europe is making us look like little bitches and I'd rather be on the side that's investing in the future.
Gold: 7.77
Oct 26 2020 08:23pm
Looks like third wave, or third part of the first wave, is really taking off in the US now.

Several major hospitals across the country are at capacity.
Gold: 57.00
Oct 26 2020 08:34pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 26 Oct 2020 19:27)
In all seriousness my wife and I are considering moving abroad in the next 5 or so years. Germany is on the top of our list since I have heritage there, but we are in the infancy of looking into immigration policies of the various countries.

The U.S. is going down the shitter in the next 50 years for everybody but the top most earners. Europe is making us look like little bitches and I'd rather be on the side that's investing in the future.

one needs to be a net positive when emigrating to most other countries, especially in Europe so you’re likely to be stuck in your tiny little small-time town. funny how a waste of lefty privilege is trying to cry about America when you’re of the bad parts of this country

inb4 your usual repressed frustrated homophobic retort
Oct 26 2020 08:42pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 26 2020 09:34pm)
one needs to be a net positive when emigrating to most other countries, especially in Europe so you’re likely to be stuck in your tiny little small-time town. funny how a waste of lefty privilege is trying to cry about America when you’re of the bad parts of this country

inb4 your usual repressed frustrated homophobic retort

My wife and I are currently making more money than we know what to do with.

She's in healthcare administration and I'm in biotech R&D.
Oct 26 2020 08:46pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 26 Oct 2020 22:42)
My wife and I are currently making more money than we know what to do with.

She's in healthcare administration and I'm in biotech R&D.

a busybody and an animal torturer. that’s what pale pasty lefty privilege gets one nowadays well then good for you go write a check for all the extra money made out to the central government, and in the memo line write “higher taxes please”. you dont need all that money and don’t deserve it, after all it is ‘each according to his needs’ per your belief system

you pathetic attempt at a brag doesn’t counter my statement about emigration, in 5 years you’ll still be in that tiny small-time lab you’re too afraid to leave lmfao, pathetic..

This post was edited by excellence on Oct 26 2020 08:47pm
Oct 26 2020 08:49pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 26 2020 09:46pm)
a busybody and an animal torturer. that’s what pale pasty lefty privilege gets one nowadays well then good for you go write a check for all the extra money made out to the central government, and in the memo line write “higher taxes please”
doesn’t counter my statement about emigration, in 5 years you’ll still be in that tiny small-time lab you’re too afraid to leave lmfao, pathetic..

I might still be here in 5 years. It's a pretty great place to work. I have almost total autonomy to implement projects I want to, my schedule is super flexible outside of 3 hours a week, and my benefits are absolutely amazing.

Lab is also super productive. We've put out about 6 papers this year, so my boss is pretty stoked with our performance. My boss is also the best person I've ever interacted with. I consider it an absolute privilege to work with him. I'm just sad that he's so busy I can't get more than a few hours a week of his time.

The institution I'm at is a world class medical school, so I can get training on pretty much any skill I want, so after this the world will be my oyster in terms of marketable skills and new top tier equipment.

So.... yeah. If I want to emigrate there's nothing that's gonna stop me lol.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Oct 26 2020 08:50pm
Oct 26 2020 08:55pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 26 Oct 2020 22:49)
I might still be here in 5 years. It's a pretty great place to work. I have almost total autonomy to implement projects I want to, my schedule is super flexible outside of 3 hours a week, and my benefits are absolutely amazing.

Lab is also super productive. We've put out about 6 papers this year, so my boss is pretty stoked with our performance. My boss is also the best person I've ever interacted with. I consider it an absolute privilege to work with him. I'm just sad that he's so busy I can't get more than a few hours a week of his time.

The institution I'm at is a world class medical school, so I can get training on pretty much any skill I want, so after this the world will be my oyster in terms of marketable skills and new top tier equipment.

So.... yeah. If I want to emigrate there's nothing that's gonna stop me lol.

yeah it must be nice draining the taxpayer so you can torture animals.

most places on Earth (domestic and abroad) aren’t receptive to silly arrogant pale pasty privileged lefty tertiary school flops with an unwarranted self-importance complex. you’d know this if you ever left your tiny little small-time town even for a day trip, much less living abroad.

no amount of public funding will teach you the skills of persuasion and having likability, but keep at it little fella.
Oct 26 2020 09:04pm
Quote (excellence @ Oct 26 2020 09:55pm)
yeah it must be nice draining the taxpayer so you can torture animals.
most places on Earth (domestic and abroad) aren’t receptive to silly arrogant pale pasty privileged lefty tertiary school flops with an unwarranted self-importance complex. you’d know this if you ever left your tiny little small-time town even for a day trip, much less living abroad.
no amount of public funding will teach you the skills of persuasion and having likability, but keep at it little fella.

I find it funny that you are so intent on making me feel bad, but I just appreciate the opportunity to brag on my successes lol
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1729730731732733910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll