d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Coronavirus Thread
Prev1248249250251252910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 28 2020 03:46am
trump doubling down on previous statements suggesting that federal help during this crisis is contigent on personal praise for the emperor:

https://twitter.com/sand_in_my_toes/status/1243761461106823176

could he be more of a scumbag if he tried? how will trump supporters rationalise that?
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 28 2020 04:59am
Quote (fender @ 28 Mar 2020 10:46)
trump doubling down on previous statements suggesting that federal help during this crisis is contigent on personal praise for the emperor:

https://twitter.com/sand_in_my_toes/status/1243761461106823176

could he be more of a scumbag if he tried? how will trump supporters rationalise that?

I wont. That's scumbag behavior through and through.

Enjoy your "win". :P
Gold: 63.45
Warn: 30%
Mar 28 2020 05:05am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Mar 27 2020 07:04pm)
Seems you are unable to understand, we are waiting for Italy casualties slowing down as a model for all the free world countries like France, or US... Who are Next on the list.

What he's explaining is great for anyone below 14

I am totally able to understand that less people isn't a bad thing at all, we are like 7,77 fuckin billions as we speak now

+ its only old ppl/stupid ppl, as I said natural selection >
Gold: 98,506.50
Mar 28 2020 06:42am
Scumbag leftist media eager to politicize and weaponize the COVID-19 pandemic.

And Scumbag Hillary: "He promised us America First"

#1 cringe material

Gold: 63,142.89
Mar 28 2020 06:46am
I had been feeling so anxious about this for the last couple weeks, doing hours of research every night. Last night, things finally clicked for me and it all makes sense now. I now rest easy with no cloud hanging over my head.

3million dead in the next 6 months is the government's plan. It's the right plan. The Brazilian president understands it just as well as Trump does, the only difference is that the American political system prevents its members from being honest about it. The response is designed to accelerate the spread by as much as possible without opening him up to such an extreme amount of criticism that riots break out in the street. Naturally, the best way to accelerate the spread is to have the motto of your task force be "Slow the Spread". Having people yell at him from behind their TV is the perfect outcome.

Calling workers 'essential' is a jedi mind trick. It makes people feel heroic so they are willing to be ones of the ones sacrificed for the greater good.

Bill Gates trying to talk about how we can avoid that outcome is just jumping on this situation as an opportunity to nab some good PR for himself while the people whose job it is to make the hard choices keep doing that thankless job. Same thing with Governor Cuomo. He realizes that his battle is unwinnable, so the best thing to do is prepare for the post-war world by nabbing some political capital by saying some things that sound good to the future voters. The thing he saying are going to be obvious even to the lowest common denominator in a couple weeks anyway. We won't remember the facts of what he said (the coming shitstorm will wash them over with much worse things), but what people will remember is how they felt when listening to him talk.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Mar 28 2020 06:47am
Quote (Djunior @ 28 Mar 2020 13:42)
Scumbag leftist media eager to politicize and weaponize the COVID-19 pandemic.

And Scumbag Hillary: "He promised us America First"

#1 cringe material

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF4xRnxLLlc

trump is willing to let americans die if their governors don't praise him enough, but FOX news obsesses over hillary's comments - and the cult uncritically follows. couldn't make that shit up...

This post was edited by fender on Mar 28 2020 07:03am
Gold: 83.30
Mar 28 2020 06:58am
Elon's doing PR again!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1242279396226011137

Pretty happy with these kinds of moves tbh. Better response than Donnie.
Gold: 98,506.50
Mar 28 2020 06:58am
Quote (fender @ Mar 28 2020 01:47pm)
trump is willing to let americans die if their governors don't praise him enough, but for news obsesses over hillary's comments - and the cult uncritically follows. couldn't make that shit up...

Sadly this pandemic once again exposes the assholes. Nearly four years they've been moaning and whining: Russia interference, Ukraine, orange man bad and now they've hit a new low. Pathetic butthurt losers if you ask me.
Gold: 4,400.67
Mar 28 2020 07:04am
Quote (Kayeto @ 28 Mar 2020 13:46)
I had been feeling so anxious about this for the last couple weeks, doing hours of research every night. Last night, things finally clicked for me and it all makes sense now. I now rest easy with no cloud hanging over my head.

3million dead in the next 6 months is the government's plan. It's the right plan. The Brazilian president understands it just as well as Trump does, the only difference is that the American political system prevents its members from being honest about it. The response is designed to accelerate the spread by as much as possible without opening him up to such an extreme amount of criticism that riots break out in the street. Naturally, the best way to accelerate the spread is to have the motto of your task force be "Slow the Spread". Having people yell at him from behind their TV is the perfect outcome.

Calling workers 'essential' is a jedi mind trick. It makes people feel heroic so they are willing to be ones of the ones sacrificed for the greater good.

Bill Gates trying to talk about how we can avoid that outcome is just jumping on this situation as an opportunity to nab some good PR for himself while the people whose job it is to make the hard choices keep doing that thankless job. Same thing with Governor Cuomo. He realizes that his battle is unwinnable, so the best thing to do is prepare for the post-war world by nabbing some political capital by saying some things that sound good to the future voters. The thing he saying are going to be obvious even to the lowest common denominator in a couple weeks anyway. We won't remember the facts of what he said (the coming shitstorm will wash them over with much worse things), but what people will remember is how they felt when listening to him talk.

Why is "3million dead in the next 6 months" the government's plan? What do they gain from this that justifies the billions if not trillions in collateral damage on the economy?
Gold: 63,142.89
Mar 28 2020 07:16am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Mar 28 2020 09:04am)
Why is "3million dead in the next 6 months" the government's plan? What do they gain from this that justifies the billions if not trillions in collateral damage on the economy?

What they think is:

Accelerating the spread and having more deaths faster reduces the longterm economic impact. Extended lockdown + saving lives = harsher economic impact. Yes, the 3million deaths will have an economic impact, but 90% of those deaths will be ages 65+.

Accelerating the spread means that the USA will have a greater population in the year 2030 than they would have if the spread had been slowed to save lives at a greater economic cost.

I'm not sure if they are right about all that, all I know is that's the plan they are going for.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Mar 28 2020 07:34am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1248249250251252910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll