d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Acer Aspire 5532 Laptop Help > Blank Screen, No Hdd Activity
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 396.56
Jan 30 2020 08:37am
Hello everyone.

To start off I am an A+ certified computer tech. but this one has me strumped..

I have recently been gifted an Acer Aspire 5532 laptop. I just got to looking it over last night to try and get it set up for my son for homework (possibly some ladder slasher, or other mild gaming). It will not boot/post. i cannot even enter the bios, or boot from usb to reset the bios/ flash it to original release/ whatever version.

model is 5532-5509 (KAWG0)
specs:
amd athlon x64 - TF-36 (2Ghz cpu)
Ati radeon HD3200
2gb memory
320gb hdd (installed with windows 7 home)

I have tried the following and nothing has worked:
boot with/without hdd
boot with/without cpu
boot with/without original and different memory modules
boot with/without battery
boot with different power adapter (matching voltage and amperage)
boot with/without an external monitor
boot with a windows 7 /8/10 usb drive to try a fresh install.
boot with a windows 7/8/10 dvd disc

and last night i sourced someone locally that had the same model (same issues) tried swapping the screen - nothing still...

note** while testing with/without the cpu, because i had to pull the laptop apart i ensured that all connectors and ribbons were securely fastened for touchpad, keyboard, and power/wireless/touchpad disable etc. it has not taken any power surges, or liquid damage, it just stopped working for my friend apparently.

when i power on (in any of the above situations) i get a blank screen (no backlight or anything) no hdd activity.. however the fans do spin up, and heat is generated from the cpu rad if left running for a while.

It also seems to get stuck in a boot loop re-boots after about a minute to 2 minutes of runtime.

im stumped, thinking the bios or possibly the mainboard is dead?

anyone have any ideas?
Gold: 18,352.00
Jan 30 2020 11:39am
its 10 years old, it simply could of just died.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll