d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > New Corona Virus > Gonna Be A Thing Imo
Prev12345Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jan 26 2020 08:54am
Quote (Skinned @ 26 Jan 2020 14:56)
What's the mode and median? How big is the data set? Is it sufficiently randomized so that the Central Limit Theorem can kick in?

What is your confidence interval?

Mostly old men with pre-existing conditions (classic complications associated with flu)
Still able to have "social activities" (going outside...) to get contaminated.

14 days max

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Jan 26 2020 08:56am
Gold: 98,921.50
Jan 26 2020 10:16pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 26 2020 08:30pm)
SARS is a potential symptom of coronavirus not a disease or itself.

Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome. It's bad bears bears.

This is the same as the Wuhan Flu people have been talking about in China?

It is causing symptoms ranging from cold to flu to SARS.

We are kind of waiting for it at the hospital. Flue season so far has been mild.

Our Flua kill a ton of people every year but we are more familiar with hearing influenza than coronavirus or Wuhan so we aren't as worried.

Bottom line: get your flu shots, on America, and in China.

Seems like you don't really get it. This is a new virus that was able to make the jump from animal to human. In the past some have proven to be a real manice. Aids and Ebola are both believed to have spread from animal to human. What we're dealing with now is a corona virus just like the ones that can cause SARS and MERS. Both originated from animals I believe bats in these cases.

MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV are different corona viruses and SARS / MERS names do not just refer to a potential symptom like you claim. Better read up a bit

https://www.msdmanuals.com/professional/infectious-diseases/respiratory-viruses/coronaviruses-and-acute-respiratory-syndromes-mers-and-sars

"Coronavirus infections in humans most frequently cause symptoms of the common cold. Coronaviruses 229E and OC43 cause the common cold; the serotypes NL63 and HUK1 have also been associated with the common cold.

Two coronaviruses, MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV, cause much more severe respiratory infections in humans than other coronaviruses. In 2012, the coronavirus MERS-CoV was identified as the cause of Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). In late 2002, SARS-CoV was identified as the cause of an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)."

Btw getting shots in a hospital won't do you any good, there is no vaccine against this virus yet. Gonna take at least 3 months and that would be record fast. Read article

https://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2020/01/25/with-wuhan-virus-genetic-code-in-hand-scientists-begin-work-on-a-vaccine.html

You're welcome. Btw how's the new house going, double blinds and double shutters installed yet?
Jan 26 2020 10:26pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jan 26 2020 09:54pm)
Mostly old men with pre-existing conditions (classic complications associated with flu)
Still able to have "social activities" (going outside...) to get contaminated.

14 days max

You are seriously underestimating this situation. It's spreading fast and 80 dead confirmed is what I just read. Many people get very sick from other flu virusses well, this thing is gonna rock their boat badly
Gold: 260.11
Jan 26 2020 10:54pm
Quote (Djunior @ Jan 26 2020 10:26pm)
You are seriously underestimating this situation. It's spreading fast and 80 dead confirmed is what I just read. Many people get very sick from other flu virusses well, this thing is gonna rock their boat badly

Personally I welcome our new virus overlords
Jan 26 2020 11:04pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 27 2020 11:54am)
Personally I welcome our new virus overlords

Pls remember to donate
Jan 27 2020 02:17am
Uber driver in Beijing

Gold: 17,384.69
Jan 27 2020 03:13am
Quote (Djunior @ 27 Jan 2020 05:26)

I'm talking about lethality rate only. For a more catastrophic view of the events: a 10 years old girl has the virus without any fever/symptoms....
Gold: 4,673.69
Jan 27 2020 05:11am
...this will spread to HongKong in no time... ... if not, with a little help... :o
Gold: 285.00
Jan 27 2020 05:35am
Quote (Djunior @ Jan 26 2020 11:16pm)
You're welcome. Btw how's the new house going, double blinds and double shutters installed yet?

Point I was making is influenza kills more people than these foreign sounding sicknesses that never affect is like Corona virus, Ebola virus, Zika, whatever. We are bringing back small batch viruses like measles like true hipsters. If we change the name of influenza to something else that people might be afraid of it and get their shots.

Closing is of next month. Still need to get a pool tech to make sure pool works I'm sure that will be a whole thing in Ohio winter.

As for curtains, my bedroom had a built in greenhouse window that's about 15 feet wide and domes as a wall into the ceiling. Its beautiful and I can survey my land from its vantage point. It has curtains on tracks that will go along the ceiling and down the wall to block the sun.

As for perverts, I'm moving away from the downtown location with several hospital systems with behavioral health units in walking distance. I probably won't have a dude follow me and pull a knife on me again there like I just had happen on New Years Eve 2020 when wife and I were walking home. Neighborhood seems much nicer, and I have a state park as my neighbor.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 27 2020 05:35am
Jan 27 2020 06:19am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Jan 27 2020 04:13pm)
I'm talking about lethality rate only. For a more catastrophic view of the events: a 10 years old girl has the virus without any fever/symptoms....

So in another post you claim it only kills old men, now a young girl does not have symptoms. What's your point?

Let me tell you my point. These viruses don't discriminate and male or female means fuck all. Sorry for you. It's about the individual, if you're young fit and healthy you have a much better chance to recover. Take your gender warfare elsewhere.

Quote (Skinned @ Jan 27 2020 06:35pm)
Point I was making is influenza kills more people than these foreign sounding sicknesses that never affect is like Corona virus, Ebola virus, Zika, whatever. We are bringing back small batch viruses like measles like true hipsters. If we change the name of influenza to something else that people might be afraid of it and get their shots.

Closing is of next month. Still need to get a pool tech to make sure pool works I'm sure that will be a whole thing in Ohio winter.

As for curtains, my bedroom had a built in greenhouse window that's about 15 feet wide and domes as a wall into the ceiling. Its beautiful and I can survey my land from its vantage point. It has curtains on tracks that will go along the ceiling and down the wall to block the sun.

As for perverts, I'm moving away from the downtown location with several hospital systems with behavioral health units in walking distance. I probably won't have a dude follow me and pull a knife on me again there like I just had happen on New Years Eve 2020 when wife and I were walking home. Neighborhood seems much nicer, and I have a state park as my neighbor.

If you would look into this you'd know this is a new virus that's why it's potentially very dangerous. If this thing spreads all over the world you will be affected. Talking about sheltered forum members, quite ironic ^^

As for your home, you should dig a huge tunnel system with boobytraps like in that last rambo movie. Then you will be prepared for the undead weinsteins that you see running around everywhere.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Closed New Topic New Poll