d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Show Off Your Hardware
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 84.10
Jan 23 2020 12:23pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Jan 23 2020 11:57am)
meh. you guys are gonna love it.

i haven't cleaned my room since my bunny's been gone, so at least give me a day to clean up the space.
(assuming this impeachment doesn't go till 2am again)

this was just a hardware thread though... lol

just your pc
Gold: 10,100.00
Jan 23 2020 02:36pm
https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?buildid=30736

But now with an ASUS P9X79 LE since my RIVBE died, and a 2070 Super.

And no more loop, that stupid piece of crap DT 5Noz CPU block leaked on my SLI setup because the MFG didn't account for acetal expanding when wet so the o ring no longer sealed on the copper block... TLDR I now have a 360 CLC from EVGA.
Gold: 39,837.69
Jan 23 2020 02:36pm

Image is a bit old cause I have moved some stuff around a few inches. Pc over and more straight on just a bit so the monitors could slide over(in this picture they arent centered, they are a bit off to the side) and I moved the top monitor slightly behind the 2 bottom ones so the bezel is more seamless. Also added more lighting solutions under/behind/around the desk itself. Everything better lit and centered in general.

PC Specs:

Case: NZXT H710 Black with 3 x 120 mm NZXT RGB AER 2 Fans on top, and 1 x 140mm NZXT RGB AER 2 Fan at the back. Also NZXT hue lightstrips around the inside of the case
Mobo: ASRock Fatl1ty Z170
CPU: Intel i7-6700k w/ NZXT KRAKEN x 62 AIO Cooler
GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 Super
RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200

Keyboard/Mouse/Extended Mousepad/Headset are all Steel Series
Blue Yeti Blackout Microphone on boom arm(not seen in picture, its to the left)

Monitors:
2 x 25" Alienware 240hz G-sync Monitors (Bottom 2)
1 x 34" Dell UltraSharp UltraWide Curved Monitor (Top Mounted)

Internet:

This post was edited by BernieSanders2020 on Jan 23 2020 02:38pm
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 23 2020 07:09pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Jan 23 2020 11:53am)

Quote (yupitsmeh @ Jan 23 2020 12:37pm)
talking about pics

i have a dream that we can all live in a world where someone isn't judged by their cable-management, but by their cpu over-clock?
i already feel Atrhur judging me

these are the best pics i could get for now. minus the excuses, i'll get better ones at some point in the future.

Gold: 18,352.00
Jan 23 2020 07:25pm
Well whats the over-clock, then I can decide... :P
I think the case is half the issue but if anything bugs me its that optical drive.

/edit
But I do appreciate the receiver below it.
Think we all stacked electronics at one point.

This post was edited by King Atrhur on Jan 23 2020 07:28pm
Jan 23 2020 07:32pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Jan 23 2020 08:25pm)
Well whats the over-clock, then I can decide... :P
I think the case is half the issue but if anything bugs me its that optical drive.

i don't even need that optical drive there. i've just been too lazy to unplug the sata cable and move it.
...and maybe we shouldn't judge based on CPU oc's... i mean we are better than that right?

i'd have to reconfirm everything to get precise, but my current OC is 5.0ghz with a -3 avx offset. (i've had it higher, but dialed it back some to be more than stable)

edit: here's what cpuid shows as i sit here with only 1 browser open, and only a few tabs open. (video playing)

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Jan 23 2020 07:54pm
Gold: 18,352.00
Jan 23 2020 07:56pm
5 is an alright oc, think your cooler wouldn't push more much more tbh maybe 5.2?. How did you do your stress testing?
Whats your current temps and voltage? How your vrms's/mosfets doing temp wise with out active cooling.
I like the new cooling designs ascetically however they are trash vs old fin designs surface area wise.
Probably be able to bump your oc back up with active cooling near VRMs if they were the issue.

/edit
need to put stress on system to see where things are really at.
run furmark and occt together for like 15 mins.

This post was edited by King Atrhur on Jan 23 2020 07:58pm
Jan 23 2020 08:11pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Jan 23 2020 08:56pm)
5 is an alright oc, think your cooler wouldn't push more much more tbh maybe 5.2?. How did you do your stress testing?
Whats your current temps and voltage? How your vrms's/mosfets doing temp wise with out active cooling.
I like the new cooling designs ascetically however they are trash vs old fin designs surface area wise.
Probably be able to bump your oc back up with active cooling near VRMs if they were the issue.

/edit
need to put stress on system to see where things are really at.
run furmark and occt together for like 15 mins.

stress testing programs i've used for every OC are:
Cinebench
Unigine Superposition
3DMark
MSI Kombuster
Asus AIsuite also has a cpu stress test.

some of those are better for GPU, but ya.
i can run all of those tests stable @ 5.3 for a few hours. even Cinebench continuously over and over. eventually, it does shut the system down though.
i ran 5.2ghz stable for a while(also with -3avx offset)

another edit: these were all about 2 years ago as a brand new build. i was hoping i can still hit these marks, but i've not done anything in a while. (even the 5.2 i dialed back a few weeks after running it stable)
edit:
i was also thinking about making a thread soon about OC's, we can keep it here though.
i am not doing this tonight though, the impeachment trial is still going on right now. when it's over i'm probably going to sleep

the VRM's and mosfet appear fine as is, but i was a bit worried about higher voltage running through with higher clocks and no cooling.
i don't think the VRM was the issue though tbh. they are pretty beefy on this board for the gen.
cpu temps obviously got pretty hot during stresses. but i don't think over high 80's (on stable clocks)

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Jan 23 2020 08:32pm
Gold: 84.10
Jan 23 2020 09:30pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Jan 23 2020 08:11pm)
stress testing programs i've used for every OC are:
Cinebench
Unigine Superposition
3DMark
MSI Kombuster
Asus AIsuite also has a cpu stress test.

some of those are better for GPU, but ya.
i can run all of those tests stable @ 5.3 for a few hours. even Cinebench continuously over and over. eventually, it does shut the system down though.
i ran 5.2ghz stable for a while(also with -3avx offset)

another edit: these were all about 2 years ago as a brand new build. i was hoping i can still hit these marks, but i've not done anything in a while. (even the 5.2 i dialed back a few weeks after running it stable)
edit:
i was also thinking about making a thread soon about OC's, we can keep it here though.
i am not doing this tonight though, the impeachment trial is still going on right now. when it's over i'm probably going to sleep

the VRM's and mosfet appear fine as is, but i was a bit worried about higher voltage running through with higher clocks and no cooling.
i don't think the VRM was the issue though tbh. they are pretty beefy on this board for the gen.
cpu temps obviously got pretty hot during stresses. but i don't think over high 80's (on stable clocks)

Ixtu for intel
Prime
X264
Aida64 for real world like temps

These for cpu tasks for stability

Hope you use loops
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll