d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling > Any Karateka's > Club
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 24 2020 07:40pm
Quote (Poonisher @ Jan 24 2020 06:14pm)
If you want the two best styles for street fighting.
It’s boxing and wrestling.
No need fancy shit.
Just learn how to double or single leg effectively and follow up with ground and pound.

But all this to say. You’re at risk of getting shot, stabbed or at the very least getting an infectious disease from street fights.
It’s stupid, pointless and to be honest I don’t know why anyone trained would want to risk jail time, death or even just pride in taking out an easy target.

Best way to win fight is to end the fight before it begins using big boy words.

Yes I also do boxing and some judo in karate. We also do fighting stances too. Again boxing and mma is not an art its a sport. If you find somebody with a real art background I can guarantee you they can defend themselves on the street better than anybody else. My Pekiti-Tirsia instructor showed me that by face by demonstrating contact sparring with all of students using 2 sticks. Shit was crazy but amazing.
Gold: 6,487.40
Jan 24 2020 07:57pm
Boxing not an art ?
How do you explain its being called ''the noble art'' ?
Gold: 4.20
Warn: 40%
Jan 24 2020 10:10pm
Quote (OrDe @ Jan 24 2020 06:40pm)
Yes I also do boxing and some judo in karate. We also do fighting stances too. Again boxing and mma is not an art its a sport. If you find somebody with a real art background I can guarantee you they can defend themselves on the street better than anybody else. My Pekiti-Tirsia instructor showed me that by face by demonstrating contact sparring with all of students using 2 sticks. Shit was crazy but amazing.

I'm confused about why you want to beat someone up "artistically"

Also confused as to why you would think boxing or mixed martial arts isn't an art.

Art is a diverse range of human activities in creating visual, auditory or performing artifacts, expressing the author's imaginative, conceptual ideas, or technical skill, intended to be appreciated for their beauty or emotional power

In bold should better help you understand the word you're trying to describe.
Jan 25 2020 06:19am
Quote (OrDe @ Jan 24 2020 08:40pm)

Sounds like your sensei has poisoned your mind with ignorance.

Any MMA fighter would wreck your whole dojo.
Feb 7 2020 06:44pm
Quote (devilslayer @ Jan 25 2020 07:19am)
Sounds like your sensei has poisoned your mind with ignorance.

Any MMA fighter would wreck your whole dojo.

Then you must have went to a crappy karate dojo. I seen inside a top BJJ/MMA dojo. Don't mark me wrong I like the BJJ competitions and all that. Its all good stuff but it does not compare it terms of self-defense. The whole purpose of street is to not beat somebody up but to defend yourself and finish the job fast. Sure there is boxing involved in street and keeping that nice relaxed stance. I've seen it all believe me. I don't just choose any instructor like something most people made that same mistake. I would be willing to travel the world to learn from the best.
Banned
Feb 7 2020 07:24pm
Quote (OrDe @ Jan 24 2020 08:40pm)

you are delusional LOL, stop roleplaying on d2jsp kid.
Go Back To Martial Arts, Boxing & Wrestling Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll