d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Anyone Able To Figure Out Why I Can't Stop Lagging
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,971.74
Trader: Mediator
Jan 23 2020 12:13am
Quote (King Atrhur @ Jan 22 2020 09:30pm)
Error scan is meaningless unless u run a deep scan.
Also don't deep scan an ssd. It's a lot of drive writing.

Drives appear fine.
Use ddu and redo drivers after all updates done and get back to us.

Completed updates
Reinstalled using DDU

Nvidia control is now there, set gaming settings
Ran through all the shebang again to be safe.. malwarebytes, ccleaner, tweaky, and autoruns
Found a bitcoin miner, removed it and did the whole system verification process again
Removed everything without a verified signature in autorun
I'm guessing this probably went deeper than the scans... so I'm sure hoping I don't need a full reformat.. but that's what it's looking like to me to get this thing outta here.
Gold: 10,655.00
Jan 23 2020 01:01am

Things that just happened in like the past two weeks or so...

Windows 10 active exploit in the wild. Supposedly fixed by MS patch (Jan 14th), unless you didn't have updates working.
Firefox 72 security flaw, supposedly fixed a day later by patch 72.0.1
Various routers have been being actively exploited (200 million was the count I believe).

Not blaming any of these, just saying, they are out there and were being exploited in the past 2-3 weeks.
Jan 23 2020 01:07am
Quote (Ghot @ Jan 23 2020 12:01am)
Things that just happened in like the past two weeks or so...

Windows 10 active exploit in the wild. Supposedly fixed by MS patch (Jan 14th), unless you didn't have updates working.
Firefox 72 security flaw, supposedly fixed a day later by patch 72.0.1
Various routers have been being actively exploited (200 million was the count I believe).

Not blaming any of these, just saying, they are out there and were being exploited in the past 2-3 weeks.

Yeah, I heard about the big MS one. Didn't know about FF.

I guess it has been a couple years since I've done a full wipe.. boo. I hate resetting.
Gold: 10,655.00
Jan 23 2020 01:16am
Quote (Candyzcanes @ Jan 23 2020 02:07am)
Yeah, I heard about the big MS one. Didn't know about FF.

I guess it has been a couple years since I've done a full wipe.. boo. I hate resetting.

Unless you run backup software, fairly religiously, these kind of problems will keep happening.
It's not just Windows 10, although, with Win 10 it does seem to happen a bit more often. Possibly because MS has moved a large chuck of their QC, to the users of the Win 10 OS.

Backup software is the way to go. Do a clean install, get everything working perfectly, make a backup. Make a new backup say the beginning of every month (to protect against bad Windows Updates), and make a backup before doing any major changes to your setup. Even on a HDD, a backup only takes about 8 mins or so... same for the restore from backup.

Unlike System Restore (which only "merges" the older restore point with the current state of the OS. Backup software, completely removes the OS installation and replaces it with the backup.
It'll pretty much solve any problem in about 8 mins. :)
Gold: 0.00
Jan 23 2020 06:38am
If reformating your PC didnt solve the issue it must be hardware....GPU most likely
Gold: 18,352.00
Jan 23 2020 10:51am
Quote (-=vasya=- @ Jan 23 2020 07:38am)
If reformating your PC didnt solve the issue it must be hardware....GPU most likely

lol...
Quote (Ghot @ Jan 23 2020 02:16am)
Unless you run backup software, fairly religiously, these kind of problems will keep happening.
It's not just Windows 10, although, with Win 10 it does seem to happen a bit more often. Possibly because MS has moved a large chuck of their QC, to the users of the Win 10 OS.

Backup software is the way to go. Do a clean install, get everything working perfectly, make a backup. Make a new backup say the beginning of every month (to protect against bad Windows Updates), and make a backup before doing any major changes to your setup. Even on a HDD, a backup only takes about 8 mins or so... same for the restore from backup.

Unlike System Restore (which only "merges" the older restore point with the current state of the OS. Backup software, completely removes the OS installation and replaces it with the backup.
It'll pretty much solve any problem in about 8 mins. :)

things don't just happen, put away ur foil hat. also what do you even know about windows 10, you avoided it claiming the sky was going to fall.
don't forget to recover from a back up after installing skype or discord or anything for that matter with your logic.

@op a format would be ideal at this point since it would be the fastest and sure way to remove everything.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 23 2020 12:12pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Jan 23 2020 04:51pm)
lol...

things don't just happen, put away ur foil hat. also what do you even know about windows 10, you avoided it claiming the sky was going to fall.
don't forget to recover from a back up after installing skype or discord or anything for that matter with your logic.

@op a format would be ideal at this point since it would be the fastest and sure way to remove everything.

What you laughing at it's not that complicated lmao
Jan 23 2020 09:44pm
Quote (King Atrhur @ Jan 23 2020 09:51am)
lol...

ty, yeah, that's my next step once I get my new SSD in the mail here tomorrow.
for now, i'm getting 1/3 of the benchmark scores of other people with worse cpu's and the same gpu.. feelsbadman
Jan 25 2020 04:19pm
Dumped pc, redid drivers

Looks like it's just csgo with the lagg stutter now, even with cloud settings off/default cs options.. all minimal settings, still jittery
fml
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll